Aps 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

it may not be exact but it's close enough:

Xavier College 10.10.70 Def. by Geelong College 14.10.94

Geelong were ok but Xavier were fairly poor. But still with the likes of Browne, Golds, Prowse and Richards to return from rep. footy and also Beetham who is still out with a sliced Achilles

wesley meant to be strong this year... confirm or deny?

Yep, Wesley are supposed to go pretty well this year, improve further on last season.

Also, the word is Caufield are quietly confident, yes?

FWIW, Wesley beat Caufield in a practise match last weekend by 1 point. Wesley took off some of their best players in the 3rd term to let Caufield back in the game, but I suspect Caufield (like most sides on the weekend) didn't have a full side either - but I'm not sure, anyone confirm? So I'm not sure how much the game told us, but either way both those sides should go nicely this year. :thumbsu:

Scotch had a praccy against Brighton on the weekend. Strong first quarter, up by about 30 but dropped off as the game went on. Won, seemed to be trialling a few boys etc.

C.Bishop No.6 i believe for geelong college is their new Full Forward, a mature player who has an amazing leap, was under the radar last yr and is sure to be the spark in their attempt at a premiership, by far their best player

Can someone please post the scores from the St Kevin's College match v Trinity. Better players and any major goal kickers would be great also.

Looked on the aps site, but it hasn't been updated yet.

Thanks in advance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah Wesley took off their 5 best players at about half time.. playing with a 31 man team sooo 'blooding some youth'..
Caulfield missing 4 players i believe?? Gotch and Orval to VIC metro and Bug and Shiels to AIS [ not sure on the spelling ]
Wesley were missing Cassidy to VIC metro and Russo to injury, two regulars in the team from last year.
at this stage i would say Carey, Wesley, Caulfield, St Kevs, and maybe Xavier
Should be a great year of footy :thumbsu:

Caulfield didn't have their strongest team in. I go to the school.

Slonim is one to watch from Caulfield this year as well

wesley 23-23
scotch 2-2

St kevins beat a geelong team by 2 points.. a very close game with several lead changes in Q4

Caulfield beat xavier by 6 points i think

Wallis Did, Libba didn't. Skevs came from 16pts down in the 4th. Conway 3 in last with one Spectacular grab. which knocked a kid out

Are there many players playing APS this year that might be a chance to get drafted at the end of the year? Word is out on Gaff from Carey, any others?

Caulfield vs Xavier was a bit of a slog but caulfield got up by a goal in the end. Both teams were down to only one or two on the bench and caulfield especially were devastated by a series of cramps to gun players, most notably Karoly early in the third. It was a hard fought game played in a manner suitable to the Anzac day weekend

Any other results?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back