APS Season 2011

JackMac5

Draftee
May 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
can someone fill me in on the mass brawl that occured between Carey and Haileybury...
Well... the fight broke out when Jackson Macrae got his 40th possession and kicked it to Viney who got taken out. Macrae ran in and started throwing punches, connecting left right and centre. The Haileybury boys were all at Macrae's mercy.

RMercadi

Senior List
Jul 31, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Well... the fight broke out when Jackson Macrae got his 40th possession and kicked it to Viney who got taken out. Macrae ran in and started throwing punches, connecting left right and centre. The Haileybury boys were all at Macrae's mercy.

Hmmm, If true, this Macrae does not appear to be a very nice person.

curnowisgod

Rookie
May 1, 2011
south yarra
AFL Club
Essendon
i think its fair to say that the APS side have some pretty average individuals in the team that do not deserve to be there, and some very unlucky to not make the side.

anditsadraw69

Senior List
Zombie Lover
Jun 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
i think its fair to say that the APS side have some pretty average individuals in the team that do not deserve to be there, and some very unlucky to not make the side.

Care to name them?
Can't believe the game is in Hailebury, dealbreaker for me no chance of going. If it was Scotch, Xavier, Assumption, Trinity, Carey, Skevs i'd be all over it.

What team looks the strongest so far? Loving the prospect of Greene vs Tyson

Sezzac1

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
Carlton
APS by about 7 gls in the end. Boyd 5 or 6gls I think. Greene very good, Tyson excellent.

Plenty of good players from both missing. Okay game.

Carlton19956

Draftee
Apr 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
APS were strong showing through the likes of Seccull, Fricot, Boyd and Darrou. Darrou for APS great dukes up forward and down back. AGSV had many good young players like Kennedy-Harris, Mcdonald and Lennon. Dom Tyson was exceptional as well as Tomlinson.

RMercadi

Senior List
Jul 31, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
APS were strong showing through the likes of Seccull, Fricot, Boyd and Darrou. Darrou for APS great dukes up forward and down back. AGSV had many good young players like Kennedy-Harris, Mcdonald and Lennon. Dom Tyson was exceptional as well as Tomlinson.

Same summary I would have given.

Thought Darrou was BOG and would add in Salopek in the best 4 or 5.

Both teams always have many good players missing in this game each year - but noted from the Record that PEG's only had 3 Representatives. Heard they were resting for the Herald-Sun Shield Comp.

Interersting that Kennedy-Harris and McDonald are U16.

RMercadi

Senior List
Jul 31, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Care to name them?
Can't believe the game is in Hailebury, dealbreaker for me no chance of going. If it was Scotch, Xavier, Assumption, Trinity, Carey, Skevs i'd be all over it.

What team looks the strongest so far? Loving the prospect of Greene vs Tyson

Tyson and Greene played wide of each other all day - it was more like an exhibition match. These boys certainly know how to get noticed, but not sure they have any defensive skills.

vuvufresh

Draftee
Feb 8, 2011
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Same summary I would have given.

Thought Darrou was BOG and would add in Salopek in the best 4 or 5.

Both teams always have many good players missing in this game each year - but noted from the Record that PEG's only had 3 Representatives. Heard they were resting for the Herald-Sun Shield Comp.

Interersting that Kennedy-Harris and McDonald are U16.

yeah for their age thought they showed some good signs getting a few touches each. anyone know what happened to kennedy-harris? saw him go down and didn't come back on...

RMercadi

Senior List
Jul 31, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
yeah for their age thought they showed some good signs getting a few touches each. anyone know what happened to kennedy-harris? saw him go down and didn't come back on...

Got a huge hit right in front of me. Was fair though. Heard broken collar bone.

Spitz

All Australian
Apr 29, 2007
Arden St.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

McDonald had 20 touches 7 tackles and a goal according to the AFL website.

Probably a top 5 prospect at this stage in his respective draft class.

vuvufresh

Draftee
Feb 8, 2011
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
APS by about 7 gls in the end. Boyd 5 or 6gls I think. Greene very good, Tyson excellent.

Plenty of good players from both missing. Okay game.

Tyson and Greene surely stories of the year as they've come from almost nowhere to become amongst the countries best footballers in their age bracket. definite top 10 prospects

RMercadi

Senior List
Jul 31, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Tyson and Greene surely stories of the year as they've come from almost nowhere to become amongst the countries best footballers in their age bracket. definite top 10 prospects
Tyson was a gun at Under 10's for Camberwell. Him and Tomlinson always stood out.

JackMac5

Draftee
May 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Getting a bit quiet in here, who won all the B&F's? For Carey that really awesome Jack Macrae did!!! quite comfortably too I might add. He is going for two in a row next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back