Are Aboriginals better off for European colonisation?

Remove this Banner Ad

And when the Chinese, a fundamental racist, nationalist, expansionist and ethnically homogenous culture, control this country in another 20 or 30 years, how do you think they will react to this issue? I can tell you how- by bulldozing Aboriginal communties and locking them up. At least we have compassion.

haha you really are a very scared person, aren't you whippersnapper?

Chinese have been in the only decent part of this country for 150 years (Melbourne). They haven't taken over yet.

Absolutley. They were borderline savages untill the Brits came in and taught them the correct ways of life, but there is only so much we can do seeing as most of them refuse our help and only take it when they feel like it.

The same is with extreme Arab Islamists and the middle eastern countries, hopefully our occupation there has brought them out of the dark ages. Although it will be a very long process.

It's unfortunate some things haven't changed with the Aboriginals (the ones that are only interested in boozing it all day long).

thats the probably the most overgeneralised view ive ever heard in my life.

But, you can't have a proper argument on an internet forum unless you hear all sides of the coin, and as ignorant as a lot of people are, their version of reality still has some sort of validity.

Incorrect, some opinions are not valid or reasonable.

Opinions are basically an assesment of information - and some people lack the ability to form a reasonable or logical opinion.

I don't understand where this idea that everyone is entitled to an opinion, and therefore every opinion is worth something, is coming from. Its completely unrealistic.

I wonder if Chief would mind doing an SRP-board wide IQ test, and only those with an IQ above say, 140 are able to post on this forum from now on. Granted, there'd probably just be me and H2F talking to eachother all day - but it would raise the average IQ of this forum by about 100.

Opinions are basically an assesment of information - and some people lack the ability to form a reasonable or logical opinion.

I don't understand where this idea that everyone is entitled to an opinion, and therefore every opinion is worth something, is coming from. Its completely unrealistic.

I wonder if Chief would mind doing an SRP-board wide IQ test, and only those with an IQ above say, 140 are able to post on this forum from now on. Granted, there'd probably just be me and H2F talking to eachother all day - but it would raise the average IQ of this forum by about 100.

That, sir, is an opinion :cool:

I know that you secretly agree with me, and talk s**t out of sarcasm, but that is not the point.

The point is, you are increasing looking like a fool out of his depth. Like a teenager trying to converse with people much older than he- it is partly my fault, I know, I have encouraged you, but still. Just back off, and let the adults handle this.

You have certainly proven smart enough to run from my questions and avoid looking even more foolish, though not smart enough to know what 'disease free' means. :D

I was referring to disease in its conceptual context - of course, if you had read the entire thread you would know that.

I was referring to disease in its conceptual context - of course, if you had read the entire thread you would know that.

LOL, it would appear that your fantasy conceptual world bears no resemblence to the real world. :D

BTW, keep running from my question, the more you run the more it confirms my views. ;)

Getting your ass kicked by an ignorant racist doesn't make you look so smart now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, it would appear that your fantasy conceptual world bears no resemblence to the real world. :D

BTW, keep running from my question, the more you run the more it confirms my views. ;)

What question are you referring to?

Getting your ass kicked by an ignorant racist doesn't make you look so smart now.

I'm glad you can at least admit you have a problem. Perhaps you're not a troll after all, and were just really, really, under equipped to address the thread's question.

What question are you referring to?

LOL - the old 'pretend you don't know the question to cover the fact you can't answer it' trick. You will have to do better than that. :thumbsdown:

I'm glad you can at least admit you have a problem. Perhaps you're not a troll after all, and were just really, really, under equipped to address the thread's question.

Problem :confused: haven't you heard, ignorance is bliss. :D Being underequipped to address the threads question hasn't stopped you trying, so why should it stop me. ;)

LOL - the old 'pretend you don't know the question to cover the fact you can't answer it' trick. You will have to do better than that. :thumbsdown:

I'm serious, I thought I answered your misunderstanding (through an inability to read the entire thread no less) of my comment regarding disease.

Was there another question you've asked?

Problem :confused: haven't you heard, ignorance is bliss. :D Being underequipped to address the threads question hasn't stopped you trying, so why should it stop me. ;)

I'm over-qualified, and you'd know that if you actually read the whole thread.

Like I said, your admission of being an ignorant racist does give me hope that even the most rednecked bogan can see their blatant social failings.

And how do you teach an entire culture what a book is? How do you explain to them the retention-based learning of Western Europe compared to their method of experience-based and discovery-led learning?

You patronising ****. Most of thier kids do go to school, you know. And if they dont go to school, MAKE THEM go to school. Just like we do with all the other kids in this country. They arn't gentically incapable of learning. All humans have the same capacity to learn. Teach them young, like i'm pretty sure they already do. The only thing holding them back is thier culture. NOT race.

Absolutley. They were borderline savages untill the Brits came in and taught them the correct ways of life, but there is only so much we can do seeing as most of them refuse our help and only take it when they feel like it.

The same is with extreme Arab Islamists and the middle eastern countries, hopefully our occupation there has brought them out of the dark ages. Although it will be a very long process.

It's unfortunate some things haven't changed with the Aboriginals (the ones that are only interested in boozing it all day long).

please get an education kevincat07....

come on..."we taught them the correct way of life"?. I hope you were joking with that statement. Who says our way of life is the correct way? You're an ignorant one...

please get an education kevincat07....

come on..."we taught them the correct way of life"?. I hope you were joking with that statement. Who says our way of life is the correct way? You're an ignorant one...

Thats a good question. But I expect the we could safely say that a way of life which allows us to live longer and healthier, provide consistent food, shelter and clothing, and provide medical care for our families is at least a better way of life. That is our gift to the aboriginals. They should be very grateful.

It's kind of a pointless debate. It has happened, we are living in the current tense. Whether they are better off or not is irrelevant - whatever it is, it's already happened.

The only thing that we should be worried about is fixing up the relations between black and white, and providing them with some semblance of racial pride and general health and opportunity. Cash handouts obviously aren't working, and neither are the Aboriginals themselves at making their lives better.

The Aboriginal problem is a MASSIVE blight on Australia's report card, and i'm pretty ashamed about it. We are a smart country full of opportunity, we should be trying our hardest to get the Aboriginals to help themselves.

It's kind of a pointless debate. It has happened, we are living in the current tense. Whether they are better off or not is irrelevant - whatever it is, it's already happened.

It is irrelevant. They play out this debate all the time and of course their interpretation of events leads to their victim mentality, which is very much alive amoungst aboriginals and a barrier to their development. It would be nice to see the other arguments presented. They should accept that their culture was doomed to failure as soon as they lost their isolation.

The only thing that we should be worried about is fixing up the relations between black and white, and providing them with some semblance of racial pride and general health and opportunity. Cash handouts obviously aren't working, and neither are the Aboriginals themselves at making their lives better.

Hmmm, I am honestly not sure of one single thing they have to be proud about. The aboriginal race accomplished nothing whilst most others progressed. Best to avoid trying to establish pride as it may only serve to highlight the total lack of achievement.

The Aboriginal problem is a MASSIVE blight on Australia's report card, and i'm pretty ashamed about it. We are a smart country full of opportunity, we should be trying our hardest to get the Aboriginals to help themselves.

I feel no shame as it is not something I can control. The fact is that until we start to get an enthusiastic willingness from the aboriginal community to help themselves there will be no real progress made. And this is their responsibility, not ours. There are more than enough people who need and want help, without wasting time trying to force uninterested and uncoperative people to accept help, as if they are doing us a favour.

It is irrelevant. They play out this debate all the time and of course their interpretation of events leads to their victim mentality, which is very much alive amoungst aboriginals and a barrier to their development. It would be nice to see the other arguments presented. They should accept that their culture was doomed to failure as soon as they lost their isolation.

Hmmm, I am honestly not sure of one single thing they have to be proud about. The aboriginal race accomplished nothing whilst most others progressed. Best to avoid trying to establish pride as it may only serve to highlight the total lack of achievement.

Every race has somethign to be proud of. You interpret their culture differently to what they do. Obviously they do not place emphasis upon development or change, but huge emphasis upon other cultural values Western Europeans do not.

I feel no shame as it is not something I can control. The fact is that until we start to get an enthusiastic willingness from the aboriginal community to help themselves there will be no real progress made. And this is their responsibility, not ours. There are more than enough people who need and want help, without wasting time trying to force uninterested and uncoperative people to accept help, as if they are doing us a favour.

You and everyone in Australia right now has control over it, we could fix the problem if we bothered to work out how to do it and fund it.

The simple fact is the mix of European culture and Aboriginal culture has rendered them unable to help themselves, they are a paralysed society. As the more "developed" society and the ones in the clear majority it is our responsibility to provide them with the means to help themselves. And we sure as hell aren't doing it giving them free money and a ton of booze.

Continued in part 2... 6 years later: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...off-for-european-colonisation-part-2.1141140/

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back