GoHawks05

Senior List
Jul 28, 2015
Watching Craig Lowndes smash the competition
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Craig Lowndes,
I am yet to see a game with good umpiring. Even when i attend games of teams i font barrack for the umpiring alway seems biased and s**t. Last nights umpiring was very inconsistent. In the dogs port game a few weeks ago i swear to god those umps were from south australia.
Am i alone in thinking this??

I am yet to see a game with good umpiring. Even when i attend games of teams i font barrack for the umpiring alway seems biased and s**t. Last nights umpiring was very inconsistent. In the dogs port game a few weeks ago i swear to god those umps were from south australia.
Am i alone in thinking this??

Yes they are, except for Hawthorn umpire Stevic, who is still a very consistent contributor for the Hawks.
He was a little off his game last night however as he couldn't make a impact for the Hawks.

Tell me about it, takes me back to the Hawks v Port prelim where a bullshit htb was paid against port in the dying stages which gifted Hawks a GF
It goes both ways. Surely there have been sometimes where your team has gotten a free and you go, "jesus we were lucky to get that"

Should change the title to "Are all Hawks fans bitter???" * me dead you got smashed off the park and all the supporters and club can talk about are the umpires.

which was 2 seconds after a bullshit non paid hold on Hodge, but people with goggles only see what they want to see

And just before the siren and right after the bullshit htb, a port player tackles a hawk in the exact same manner that hodge recieved his bullshit free kick, it shouldve been awarded but guess what they didnt pay it. Take your googles off

And just before the siren and right after the bullshit htb, a port player tackles a hawk in the exact same manner that hodge recieved his bullshit free kick, it shouldve been awarded but guess what they didnt pay it. Take your googles off
You mean Lake, who was held first by the arm and then around the body and shoulder whilst trying to mark with 3 seconds to go?
You have ignored the first part of each of those 2 contests, both which should have been frees to Hawthorn, so you have goggles on.
I have not ignored anything, hence I do not have goggles on. Do you understand what goggles are?
I did not dispute that the Hodge htb was dodgy or that Lake could also have been pinged.

The key is to chill the **** out. Umpires, players and coaches make poor decisions, they're human. The amount that fans let umpires get to them is staggering.

yep, by all means crack the shits a bit, but if haven't let it go within 30 seconds or less then why bother even going to the footy, as you will not enjoy it....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardest job in football. Made even harder by the idiots running the show who keep tinkering with the rules and creating new rules that leave decisions to be open to interpretation.

Make them full time and clean up the rules to eliminate the get areas.

That doesn't explain how the first goal review was overturned despite it being completely inconclusive ffs.

I hate that it's always thought of as a hard job. I don't think it has anything to do with the job.

I don't think the right people are being sought after. It feels like so much weight is given to fitness that the ability to make the correct judgement is overlooked.

Take one listen to Derek Humphrey Smith on SEN defending the indefensible and you'll understand. It's not the job. The people they have are an issue.

The HR department has a lot to answer for. Whoever they got to be their video umpires are completely unable to do their jobs.

I agree - the umpiring had been s**t in 2015!!! One of my least favourite decisions was in the Richmond Carlton game when Kreuzer clearly took a mark but instead the dumb umpire paid the mark to Vlaustin. Bullshit that is!!!

Yes, too many bullshit flavour of the month interpretations and overcomplicating of what are pretty black and white rules that make our game.

Also hate the score reviews which make every goal umpire double guess themselves on their decision..

over the EFC issue (Previously Melbourne) we have see how politically driven the AFL is. My take is that umpires are given so much political direction for PR and media consumption, backed up by pathetic AFL yes men as coaches that they have lost their way to a certain extent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back