Are Carlton a lock for the wooden spoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thrawn, we've had our differences over the journey, no doubt. But one thing I've always respected about you is your strident opposition towards tanking and your hatred of the mindset that encourages it.
been to your board lately? you must have a really high opinion of your fellow supporters lol.

North aren't that s**t. They are lazy however. That effort on Saturday was piss weak lazy. Either the entire team had the flu, or they decided their Bye didn't finish for another week and their supporters should be filthy that it happened. Reminds me of Carlton a few years back when they could win some winnable games and look good, then put out a performance which is entirely WTF which only makes you angry.

What is this crap?? Do not dare put us in the same sinking boat as essendon. We are a flip of the coin to play finals - you're a flip of the coin to win the wooden spoon.

I just hope they don't sack your incompetent arrogant coach before the 17th of July - we need the % boost.
lol just how much vodka had you drunk on Friday night when you said we were exactly the same :D

lol just how much vodka had you drunk on Friday night when you said we were exactly the same :D

Didn't I get that wrong!! The bloody Vodka had me talking rubbish. Suns will Ablett will have more wins in the 2nd half of the year.

But we are average will finish 8th, 9th or 10th. You are putrid and will finish 16th, 17th or 18th.

Didn't I get that wrong!! The bloody Vodka had me talking rubbish. Suns will Ablett will have more wins in the 2nd half of the year.

But we are average will finish 8th, 9th or 10th. You are putrid and will finish 16th, 17th or 18th.
based on what I saw on saturday night I don't think you have any right to assume you'll finish mid-table either. You got creamed.

Carlton are certainly playing with a lot more spirit than Essendon. The only team who it seems is just as s**t presently as Essendon is North.

But, remains to be seen if Carlton are just exhibiting a dead cat bounce after sacking their coach. Time will tell.
how the hell do you draw that conclusion? Essendon just lost to the current spooners by 100pts and the coach said they stopped playing. please don't put ANYONE else in that basket. You started the thread. acknowledge the backfire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

based on what I saw on saturday night I don't think you have any right to assume you'll finish mid-table either. You got creamed.

I have a very good right - we have only lost 1 game that we have started fav in 2015. We will start favs in most of our remaining games.

Still to compare us to essendon?? Lets have a closer look:
1) The Essendon players have given up. Starting with your captain - he looks like he trying to eat his way out of his form slump.
2) Your coach is clueless and will go down along side Tim Watson as the worst coach of all time.
3) You will also have more players walking at years end that are best 22 players - this on top of Ryder and Crameri walking.
4) Those lost draft picks and picking up Cooney and Gwilt has started to take affect on your playing list.
5) WADA is still a real concern.
6) No finals win in 10 years - that drought maybe the tip of the iceberg.

You could not name a side in a worse position than essendon. Fitzroy in 1996 had more going for it.

I have a very good right - we have only lost 1 game that we have started fav in 2015. We will start favs in most of our remaining games.

1) The Essendon players have given up. Starting with your captain - he looks like he trying to eat his way out of his form slump.
2) Your coach is clueless and will go down along side Tim Watson as the worst coach of all time.
3) You will also have more players walking at years end that are best 22 players - this on top of Ryder and Crameri walking.
4) Those lost draft picks and picking up Cooney and Gwilt has started to take affect on your playing list.

You could not name a side in a worse position than essendon. Fitzroy in 1996 had more going for it.
Lance is showing signs of either battle fatigue - lets give him some leeway. btw - everything above is 100% true

you've always been an eternal optimist, that's one of your endearing qualities. Face it, your coach is on borrowed time. Your team is almost entirely made up of vanilla one-trick ponies. Your captain has a heart the approximate size of a pea. And your small but vocal supporter base are starting to lose their minds in fury at yet another illustration of the promised land being a mirage.

You enjoy your mid-table finish. So far it's netting you players of the calibre of Sam Durdin or Taylor Garner or Brad McKenzie. A firm foundation to take the next step eh!

you've always been an eternal optimist, that's one of your endearing qualities. Face it, your coach is on borrowed time. Your team is almost entirely made up of vanilla one-trick ponies. Your captain has a heart the approximate size of a pea. And your small but vocal supporter base are starting to lose their minds in fury at yet another illustration of the promised land being a mirage.

You enjoy your mid-table finish. So far it's netting you players of the calibre of Sam Durdin or Taylor Garner or Brad McKenzie. A firm foundation to take the next step eh!
090826huggett.jpg

As bad as we are - I thank god we arn't essendon.

So you have moved on from the Blues and onto North who are zero chance for the spoon??

I hope Dordoro and Hird stay at essendon forever. Karma getting handed to you in the form of a wooden spoon.

Eh, not seeing the North/Bombers similarity myself.

North have a strange collective mindset that can see them not turn up against certain lowly opposition, but they were against a stronger (and boosted by some guy called G. Ablett no less) Gold Coast who were always going to come out firing. North could go up against one of the top teams next week and win, that's the way they are.

Essendon on the other hand, maintaining status quo, I couldn't see them winning a game vs Frankston. Something has to change dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back