Are Carlton a lock for the wooden spoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
you need to let it go big guy. Breathe.
let go of what? this is your massive backfire thread and you still cant bring yourself to acknowledge just how far down the toilet your team is. Just trying to grasp at others who lost this weekend. It is about onfield results, infrastructure, leadership, credibility and governance and ultimately respect. Essendon are as rock bottom in every facet as any club I have ever seen in 45 years of following footy. They fact that were once a giant of the comp is just going to make the books and documentaries all the more compelling.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Unless Brisbane learn how to finish games we're looking likely to finish last :(

To be fair, they're decent teams that we did this against. Having 12 guys out there with under 50 games experience doesn't help. We've got 5 winnable games coming up though. We'd be good chances in each of the games between round 16 and 20.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
why don't you make a thread about Ess v North? I'm sure it's never been done before

You brought the Roos into a wooden spoon thread!!! Madness Lance - this thread is for those that can actually finish last.

Diverting to a posters team is a desperate attempt to take the heat off a terrible club and coach.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Maybe this is me making excuses for being last, but really, I think we (BL) are about on the same level as Melbourne, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Carlton and just a little behind the Dogs. In terms of general performance, I mean. It is a very even competition this year and there are few/no easy games any more. In the last few weeks all of the teams I have mentioned have really put in gutsy performances.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
You brought the Roos into a wooden spoon thread!!! Madness Lance - this thread is for those that can actually finish last.

Diverting to a posters team is a desperate attempt to take the heat off a terrible club and coach.

Weren't you meant to be a flag contender this season? Weren't you meant to be top 4??

Now as long as you don't win the spoon and maybe make the 8 you're content. #ShiftingOurGoals

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Weren't you meant to be a flag contender this season? Weren't you meant to be top 4??

Now as long as you don't win the spoon and maybe make the 8 you're content. #ShiftingOurGoals

I did not have North in the top 4 in my ladder prediction.

Long way to go in the season. All I know is we can play finals and you can't. Good times.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
It would be poetic for the club JAH hates most of all the complete a threepeat in the same year that his mob win the spoon. Getting Carlton and Brisbane to 4 wins each is the most challenging part according to the ladder predictor I did earlier. I'm sort of assuming that Hawthorn will decide they can be bothered to play somewhere near our best again when finals come around and we'll just do enough for top 4 until then. Don't like it, but I can see how it would be hard to sustain that drive to be the best you can every week for so long.

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
It would be poetic for the club JAH hates most of all the complete a threepeat in the same year that his mob win the spoon. Getting Carlton and Brisbane to 4 wins each is the most challenging part according to the ladder predictor I did earlier. I'm sort of assuming that Hawthorn will decide they can be bothered to play somewhere near our best again when finals come around and we'll just do enough for top 4 until then. Don't like it, but I can see how it would be hard to sustain that drive to be the best you can every week for so long.

That strategy worked for Brisbane in '03. They even lost their first final before switching on.

pinot

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
We had 10 players playing less than 50 game against the Bulldogs stood their ground really well ddint fold at all. should have Gibbs, Carrazzo, Docherty, Rowe & Menzel back this week.

Wouldn't want the Tigers to drop their guard

Dec 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City, Box Hill Hawks

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I said a fortnight ago the Bombers wouldn't win another game for the season and was jumped on by their supporters. They are just below ordinary. Insipid and putrid. This is just a sneak peak of their era coming up. We will see one of the worst era's in football since Fitzroy. The Bombers won't recover for a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back