Are Collingwood a flag threat?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Reid played about 10 games as a forward in the season you are talking about and he averaged over 2 goals a game (close to 3 if I remember correctly). I'm not doubting Darling he is a good player, I just wanted to correct you on comment about Reid.
Averaging 2 or 3 goals a game in 10 or less games is nothing special, and definitely not enough evidence to prove reid is a better forward than darling, majority of them could even be against lowly opposition. When he can do it for an entire season, then you have a leg to stand on.

I think Reid played about 10 games as a forward in the season you are talking about and he averaged over 2 goals a game (close to 3 if I remember correctly). I'm not doubting Darling he is a good player, I just wanted to correct you on comment about Reid.
25 goals in 7 games at 3.5 a game that would equate to 78 for the season

Averaging 2 or 3 goals a game in 10 or less games is nothing special, and definitely not enough evidence to prove reid is a better forward than darling, majority of them could even be against lowly opposition. When he can do it for an entire season, then you have a leg to stand on.
Like I said I wasn't making a statement about Darling. I just wanted to correct you on your Reid statement.

And apart from one season Darling has done nothing of note. Also I said at full fitness Reid is a far greater player. Not far greater forward as You took the comment to mean, he would be at least the equal of Darling as a forward and has in the past been an All Australian CHB.

Hahaha you don't have a clue he moved forward in round 15 v Carlton in 2013 and kicked 25 goals in 7 weeks since when he has been perpetually injured and has not played. LeCras is almost 30 and at the peak of his powers I know who I would rather have LeCras was hardly getting a game at the same point of his career

According to AFL tables he scored 25 goals in the 8 games he kicked goals, doesn't state the games he played as a forward and kicked no goals either. So best case scenario is he averaged 3 goals a game over an 8 game period, and against relatively average/s**t opposition, so essentially he's given you a third of a season tease, and based on that he is far better than darling? Yeah nah.

Lecras is still 28, and was a regular in the side at 20 years old. He hit his peak at the age of 23 when he kicked 58 and 63 goals in consecutive years, in a bottom 4 side, and then kicked 47 goals the next year while playing through the midfield. Did his ACL the next year, didn't play at all in 2012 and since recovering has played a large portion of game time in the middle while averaging 2 goals a game the entire time. Elliot has potential but his credentials are nowhere near that of Lecras, try again.

According to AFL tables he scored 25 goals in the 8 games he kicked goals, doesn't state the games he played as a forward and kicked no goals either. So best case scenario is he averaged 3 goals a game over an 8 game period, and against relatively average/s**t opposition, so essentially he's given you a third of a season tease, and based on that he is far better than darling? Yeah nah.

Lecras is still 28, and was a regular in the side at 20 years old. He hit his peak at the age of 23 when he kicked 58 and 63 goals in consecutive years, in a bottom 4 side, and then kicked 47 goals the next year while playing through the midfield. Did his ACL the next year, didn't play at all in 2012 and since recovering has played a large portion of game time in the middle while averaging 2 goals a game the entire time. Elliot has potential but his credentials are nowhere near that of Lecras, try again.
So tell me the last time Darling was All Australian? Oh wait he has never made it. Reid would be as good as a forward but his versatility is what makes him a far better footballer. LeCras was elite a few years back but he is no better than Elliott now and Jamie will keep improving. I am not interested in your pathetic excuse it is clear we don't agree and are not going to

Yeah so he only played forward against s**t teams? Yet all the teams were mid table or better
3 goals against brisbane - 12th
4 goals against carlton - 8th
2 goals against adelaide - 11th
2 goals against GWS - 18th
3 goals against essendon - 9th
2 goals against sydney - 4th
4 goals against west coast - 13th
5 goals against north melbourne - 10th

There were also likely games he scored 0 goals playing in the forward line, but for the sake of convenience we will ignore that, so he averaged 3 goals a game against 4th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 18th. Hardly impressive at all.

So tell me the last time Darling was All Australian? Oh wait he has never made it. Reid would be as good as a forward but his versatility is what makes him a far better footballer. LeCras was elite a few years back but he is no better than Elliott now and Jamie will keep improving. I am not interested in your pathetic excuse it is clear we don't agree and are not going to
So on the basis that ben reid was all australian as a backman, once, he is a better forward than jack darling who just turned 23? Reid MIGHT be as good a forward if he can ever play more than 8 games in a season as a forward, and kick goals against better opposition than he has in the past, until then it's just wishful thinking. Lecras is still elite now, a lot of people have him in their all australian teams so far. All you have shown is you don't know anything about mark lecras, and you are insulting jack darling's skill as a forward by comparing reid's decent 8 games against average/s**t opposition.

So on the basis that ben reid was all australian as a backman, once, he is a better forward than jack darling who just turned 23? Reid MIGHT be as good a forward if he can ever play more than 8 games in a season as a forward, and kick goals against better opposition than he has in the past, until then it's just wishful thinking. Lecras is still elite now, a lot of people have him in their all australian teams so far. All you have shown is you don't know anything about mark lecras, and you are insulting jack darling's skill as a forward by comparing reid's decent 8 games against average/s**t opposition.
Hahahahahaha biggest load is s**t, you dismiss Reid saying he only plays well against s**t sides and was only once an All Australian then say I insulted Jack Darling. You are a special one. As I said I am over your pathetic excuses we are clearly not going to agree so let's just agree to go our separate ways. Goodbye and good luck for the year.

3 goals against brisbane - 12th
4 goals against carlton - 8th
2 goals against adelaide - 11th
2 goals against GWS - 18th
3 goals against essendon - 9th
2 goals against sydney - 4th
4 goals against west coast - 13th
5 goals against north melbourne - 10th

There were also likely games he scored 0 goals playing in the forward line, but for the sake of convenience we will ignore that, so he averaged 3 goals a game against 4th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 18th. Hardly impressive at all.
I love it you were just moaning about Brown and McKenzie being out but in you need to try and discredit Ben Reid you just labeled Eric McKenzie, Mitch Brown and Darren Glass average/s**t quality key defenders. Do you realise that ladder position does not dictate the quality of your key defenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahahaha biggest load is s**t, you dismiss Reid saying he only plays well against s**t sides and was only once an All Australian then say I insulted Jack Darling. You are a special one. As I said I am over your pathetic excuses we are clearly not going to agree so let's just agree to go our separate ways. Goodbye and good luck for the year.
Not a load of s**t at all, it's the truth. I didn't say reid only plays well against s**t sides, i said he has averaged 3 goals a game against average/s**t sides, completely different things. Reid may turn out to be a superstar forward but like i said before, 8 games against mainly s**t sides is nowhere near a big enough sample size, and until he can replicate it for a whole season, it's just wishful thinking.

Not a load of s**t at all, it's the truth. I didn't say reid only plays well against s**t sides, i said he has averaged 3 goals a game against average/s**t sides, completely different things. Reid may turn out to be a superstar forward but like i said before, 8 games against mainly s**t sides is nowhere near a big enough sample size, and until he can replicate it for a whole season, it's just wishful thinking.
Well I am more than happy with him only being able to manage having a day out on s**t or average defenders like McKenzie or Mitch Brown

I love it you were just moaning about Brown and McKenzie being out but in you need to try and discredit Ben Reid you just labeled Eric McKenzie, Mitch Brown and Darren Glass average/s**t quality key defenders. Do you realise that ladder position does not dictate the quality of your key defenders
Completely beside the point, and wrong. We were a crap side in 2013, being a crap team the ball enters the defensive 50 more making it easier for opposition to score, common sense really, and just a way for you to ignore the point, majority of his goals kicked were against crappy teams.

Well I am more than happy with him only being able to manage having a day out on s**t or average defenders like McKenzie or Mitch Brown
He kicked 4 goals against the 13th placed team, amazing. I guess harry taylor is s**t because kennedy kicked 6 on him earlier this year, by your logic?

Completely beside the point, and wrong. We were a crap side in 2013, being a crap team the ball enters the defensive 50 more making it easier for opposition to score, common sense really, and just a way for you to ignore the point, majority of his goals kicked were against crappy teams.
Hahahaha a quality key defender is a quality key defender regardless on how the midfield/forward line goes. You just keep ruining your own arguments

Hahahaha a quality key defender is a quality key defender regardless on how the midfield/forward line goes

So any chance Reid is gonna be fit for a full season for a change next year, every year I add him in supercoach and every year gotta give him the heave ho :(

So any chance Reid is gonna be fit for a full season for a change next year, every year I add him in supercoach and every year gotta give him the heave ho :(
Well that is another issue, there are a number of problems with him and one of them is the club is to conservative with him

Hahahaha a quality key defender is a quality key defender regardless on how the midfield/forward line goes
Definitely, but when the ball comes in the defensive 50 more often, the opposition has more chance to score goals, not to mention the fact that all players have bad games, and not like 4 goals against a s**t team is anything to brag about anyway? I like how you've turned this whole discussion from ben reid's ability as a forward, and the fact he's hardly played as one, and played twice against top 8 teams while doing so, into a way to talk down about west coast's defenders.

End of the day, Reid has shown some promise as a forward, but has a very very long way to go before you can say with assurance that he is as good a forward as darling, let alone far better.

Well that is another issue, there are a number of problems with him and one of them is the club is to conservative with him

you definitely have a great talent there, was tossing up between Brown and Reid the first time I picked him, nobody likes to see injuries, so I wish Ben well, on the plus side you could have gotten Sam instead and had 3 goal kickers kicking 1 goal 6 :p

He kicked 4 goals against the 13th placed team, amazing. I guess harry taylor is s**t because kennedy kicked 6 on him earlier this year, by your logic?
No I never said anything like that but seeings as they are about 10th on the ladder it would make him Lonergan and Rivers s**t from way of thinking.

you definitely have a great talent there, was tossing up between Brown and Reid the first time I picked him, nobody likes to see injuries, so I wish Ben well, on the plus side you could have gotten Sam instead and had 3 goal kickers kicking 1 goal 6 :p
I just want to see his talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back