King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
Haven't been the same since those brave losses to Freo and Hawthorn.

Only win since then was against arguably the worst team in the league.

With the plethora of young talent on their list, there is no way they should be playing this bad.

The wheels fell off in 2014 due to a horror injury run, but injuries haven't been nearly as bad this year.

It would be understandable if the club decided that they weren't going to win the flag this year and instead would tank for an easy draw for next year and another high draft pick.

In 2005 the Pies tanked the last handful of games to secure a Priority Pick, which ended up netting them Scott Pendlebury.

(I know technically Dale Thomas was the PP, but if Collingwood didn't get awarded a PP they would have still taken Thomas with their first pick, and wouldn't have Pendlebury).

This strategy helped them win a flag, so the club would be thinking why not tank again if it helped them win a flag last time they did it.

Scott Pendlebury did say the loss to the Tigers yesterday meant absolutely nothing. Possibly a hint that the club are tanking.

Do you think that Collingwood are tanking?

The cue is well and truly back in the rack if Pendlebury's comments are anything to go by.

They certainly got r$ped and pillaged yesterday. Pendles comment was very poor but may reveal their lack of drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they just had a lopsided draw. They're not as good as everyone thought they were at 8-3 and they aren't as bad as everyone thinks now. 9-11 is an accurate reflection of where they are at.

Recent losses have come to Hawks, Freo, Eagles, Sydney, Richmond, Bulldogs, Port (in Adelaide) and Melbourne.

Melbourne aside, they are all tough games. Considering they were missing Cloke and Elliott for the Dees, it's hardly a surprise that they lost.

They have had no injuries this year and have gone backwards.

And they won't have any first round picks in the next two years if rumours are true.

Worrying times as their kids are no where near as good as they thought
Hahaha. I actually don't think you've said a good thing about Collingwood. Think you're just jealous about how our future is so much better than your teams shitty future.

Recent losses have come to Hawks, Freo, Eagles, Sydney, Richmond, Bulldogs, Port (in Adelaide) and Melbourne.

Melbourne aside, they are all tough games. Considering they were missing Cloke and Elliott for the Dees, it's hardly a surprise that they lost.
Were you surprised when Richmond lost to Melbourne in round 4? By your own definition that wasn't a tough game, apparently.

Were you surprised when Richmond lost to Melbourne in round 4? By your own definition that wasn't a tough game, apparently.

Yes I was and it was a bad loss. Don't get offended mate, I wasn't trying to slag the Dees off. Reality is they are 6-13 and 14th on the ladder. My point was that all those other losses came in games that are 50/50 at absolute best.

Because your future looks ordinary.
Jesus... If our future is ordinary, North Melbourne must be a pile of s**t. How many over 30 players do you have each week? 6?

How many do we have? 1. Our future is pretty bright in comparison to yours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back