Are Essendon players at risk?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Spike claimed that they got Vitamin C . As Essendon claim they dont have any medical records should the players be concerned?
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hea...er-risk/?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1443_172622706

Vitamin supplements, which people take to stay healthy, just may be making you sick. A new analysis of existing research on vitamin supplements has found that these pills don't reduce your risk of getting cancer, but rather do increase your risk when taken too frequently, though the exact dosage with negative effects is unclear.

inb4 reference to any other team

Last edited:
Spike claimed that they got Vitamin C . As Essendon claim they dont have any medical records should the players be concerned?
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hea...er-risk/?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1443_172622706

Vitamin supplements, which people take to stay healthy, just may be making you sick. A new analysis of existing research on vitamin supplements has found that these pills don't reduce your risk of getting cancer, but rather do increase your risk when taken too frequently, though the exact dosage with negative effects is unclear.

what about inb4 Spike never said they all only took vitamin C?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a glaring example of the inability of HTB'rs to let go and move on.

What a s**t thread

This is a glaring example of the inability of HTB'rs to let go and move on.

What a s**t thread
You don't think exploring the risks of vitamin overuse in EFC is an epic idea for a thread? No. I don't either.

First thing I'm curious about is if high dosage vitamin supplements carry risk then why is this thread about Essendon in particular?

Second thing I'm slightly curious about is why this thread isn't locked yet.

Third thing is something I've forgotten. Maybe there was never a third thing.

AH's General point is that ignorance of what happened (at least what can be proved) might help them at the tribunal but is indicative of people not giving a f&ck what was injected. I agree
Only some people. Few. I expect those who were a part of the supplements program do care. As would families of players etc. and probably almost all people who post anything here. Including Bombers supporters, regardless of seeming not to, or pretending not to. I think it's probably wise to assume that most of the posts here indicate nothing more or less than a reaction to the other posters - so not people not giving a * what was injected.

The tribunal outcome isn't especially material since they weren't tasked with finding out what was ingested by EFC. I don't think there are too many people who don't find the state of affairs of players not knowing what they really received deplorable. I'm a bit lost what the connection is with the dangers of vitamins though.

Only some people. Few. I expect those who were a part of the supplements program do care. As would families of players etc. and probably almost all people who post anything here. Including Bombers supporters, regardless of seeming not to, or pretending not to. I think it's probably wise to assume that most of the posts here indicate nothing more or less than a reaction to the other posters - so not people not giving a **** what was injected.

The tribunal outcome isn't especially material since they weren't tasked with finding out what was ingested by EFC. I don't think there are too many people who don't find the state of affairs of players not knowing what they really received deplorable. I'm a bit lost what the connection is with the dangers of vitamins though.
Like I said - it's a general point of AH. Don't think his post necessarily indicated this thread was worthy anyway

Like I said - it's a general point of AH. Don't think his post necessarily indicated this thread was worthy anyway
Understand. The original AH post didn't really say at all what I read it as saying. AH has had one of those weekends in any case so he gets some slack for what seemed to me to be a truly epic overreaction.

No one cares. Clearly the players or club don't so why should we. If you are dumb enough to have unknown substances injected into your body you need to live with the consequences.

Unless one knows what went into their bodies they are at risk.

Unless one knows what went into their bodies they are at risk.

They do know and they are not at risk.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-08-20/watson-parents-reassured

He also said there were no substances that were still unknown "as to what they may or may not have been, or whether they were administered".

"Of all the substances that are known in this ASADA report, they gave a detailed outline as to what they were and the effects of those if there were any and those fears have been allayed."

Get used to the idea Jimmy boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back