Are Spurs a big rock climbing club?

Are Spurs a big club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How many will it seat?
They are re-submitting a planning application (talk of doubling up with a NFL franchise) but at the moment it's 58,000 - I think the new plan is to make it 60,000.

Champions League money will be £80m minimum by the time Spurs move into a new stadium.

It really is shocking that the likes of Rummenige and Gill have strongarmed UEFA into deferring a more equitable distribution of champions league money.

Everyone is aware mate. This thread is for trolling Wealdstone who bites at everything. don't ruin it with facts. I doubt FFP will be around much longer but the relevant authorities should be paying far closer attention to Barca/Real than they have been. They are basically criminals. Wrong thread for this tho

Apparently the Messi tax dodging case is to go to court.....I wonder whether that would have happened if it were not for the FIFA scandal - and all the shyte is going to hit the fan if the FBI remain involved - was not waiting in the wings?

My favourite comment on the Real/Barca nonsense was from Uli Hoeness a few years ago when he was exasperated by Munich having to face the Madrid galacticos who were/are financed by never to be repayed loans from Spanish banks which were themselves financed by loans from the EC Bank which is itself effectively run on German funding.

Hoeness said words to the effect of "hell they have the stars but we are buying them for them".

Apparently the Messi tax dodging case is to go to court.....I wonder whether that would have happened if it were not for the FIFA scandal - and all the shyte is going to hit the fan if the FBI remain involved - was not waiting in the wings?

My favourite comment on the Real/Barca nonsense was from Uli Hoeness a few years ago when he was exasperated by Munich having to face the Madrid galacticos who were/are financed by never to be repayed loans from Spanish banks which were themselves financed by loans from the EC Bank which is itself effectively run on German funding.

Hoeness said words to the effect of "hell they have the stars but we are buying them for them".
Bayern makin it rain with dat cash flo, dollar dollar bills yo.

Also in the works is the Neymar case. The Madrid courts have demanded details of bids made to Santos by a host of clubs to compare with the paltry sum Barca put up.

And maybe some investigation into doping would be cool.

What? Uli the tax dodger talking about other clubs finances? Well I never.

Irrelevant ad hominem point.

The point is that the big Spanish clubs are a hopelessly compromised model based on sweetheart deals, banks turning a blind eye to failings in repayment and at least in Barca's and probably in others cases outright fraud.

It doesn't matter if Hoeness has fraud rap or if Bayern spend money. the point remains the way Spanish clubs are financed.

Irrelevant ad hominem point.

The point is that the big Spanish clubs are a hopelessly compromised model based on sweetheart deals, banks turning a blind eye to failings in repayment and at least in Barca's and probably in others cases outright fraud.

It doesn't matter if Hoeness has fraud rap or if Bayern spend money. the point remains the way Spanish clubs are financed.
Don't think Bayern should really talk about sweetheart deals given their financing of rival clubs.

And tax cheats shouldnt lecture others on financial ethics imo.

Don't think Bayern should really talk about sweetheart deals given their financing of rival clubs.

And tax cheats shouldnt lecture others on financial ethics imo.

At the risk of being seen to be a bit pretentions Moomba I point to the fact that ad hominem ( against the man ) argument is one of the most common logical fallacies.

It does not matter who makes a valid point if the point is valid....and Hoeness point re Madrid and by extension Barcelona is valid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point isn't for or against Barca or Madrid by any means.

It's against people like Uli Hoeness sticking his beak into the affairs of other clubs.

When some clubs in a competition are being advantaged unfairly then it becomes the business of others to comment.

Imagine if the Australian government chose two established "prestige" clubs to favour - say Carlton and Collingwood - and then routinely allowed them financial largesse and turned a blind eye to creative financial practices essentially allowing taxpayer funds be funnelled into recruitment. Would Richmond, Norf and others comment? Too right they would and rightly so.

When some clubs in a competition are being advantaged unfairly then it becomes the business of others to comment.

Imagine if the Australian government chose say Carlton and Collingwood to be favoured and then routinely allowed them financial largesse and turned a blind eye to creative financial practices. Would Richmond, Norf and others comment? Too right they would and rightly so.

I'm sure if Bayern were Spanish and not getting the same advantages as other clubs in Spain they would have every right to complain to the government.

As it is clubs in Europe deal with different tax rates, different ownership rules, different squad and financial restrictions, different tv deals. One of the most significant is the unfair distribution of champions league revenue which Bayern Munich have been the key opponent to UEFA changing.

They're as much scumbags as the clubs they criticise.

Bayern are quite happy for some clubs to be advantaged and others to be disadvantaged. Some would say they are the ringleaders of it.

I'm sure if Bayern were Spanish and not getting the same advantages as other clubs in Spain they would have every right to complain to the government.

As it is clubs in Europe deal with different tax rates, different ownership rules, different squad and financial restrictions, different tv deals. One of the most significant is the unfair distribution of champions league revenue which Bayern Munich have been the key opponent to UEFA changing.

They're as much scumbags as the clubs they criticise.

Bayern are quite happy for some clubs to be advantaged and others to be disadvantaged. Some would say they are the ringleaders of it.

Bayern have worked hard to build the club up to where it is now over the last 20 years. They are a club owned by their members and have always been self sufficient. English clubs would do well to copy Bayern's model instead of relying on rich benefactors who cover unsustainable losses that would put most clubs out of business.

This article sums them up pretty well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rfect-working-model-of-a-modern-football-club

Agree that Hoeness is a campaigner though.

Hoeness is a flog, not sure why you're defending him gaelictiogar . No club taps up players to the extent that Bayern do and their holier than thou attitude is boorish. No one like hypocrites like him.

I am not defending him

I am defending what he said.

If Josef Stalin had said that Tuesday followed Monday the comment would have been accurate no matter the speaker.

Hoeness, whatever his personal failings or the power of Bayern, was spot on in his comments on Madrid.

Spurs are big in the same way that Everton are big and Chelsea are very big and United are massive.

No shame in that. Not every club can sit at the grown up table.

Bayern makin it rain with dat cash flo, dollar dollar bills yo.

Also in the works is the Neymar case. The Madrid courts have demanded details of bids made to Santos by a host of clubs to compare with the paltry sum Barca put up.

And maybe some investigation into doping would be cool.

Regardless of the bids

Why can't santos sell him to who they like

It's no wonder it's the same old few in here singing from the same hymn book and most new posters tend to stick to their own team boards. The level of circle jerk amongst a select few ruins this board which is a pitty.

Are Spurs a big club? Yes. Are they a big club compared to Man City/Chelsea etc? All depends what we're judging it on but to say that a club that turns over 181 million pound and has no real debt isn't a big club is quite arrogant to say the least.
Thankyou. I noticed this thread just a little while ago, created on Friday and thought there'd be the same derivative Spurs bashing as is always the case on this board. Did not disappoint, I honestly don't care what category we're put in on an online forum but the bold is why I don't bother as much as I'd like posting on here (also the purpose of my quote). One big circle jerk club.

I think the fact that we get bashed so much (not just here but pretty much on any football forum out there) shows that we are a big club. Just a bloody under achieving one which is why it makes it hard for us Spurs fans to defend our club at times.

At the end of the day I'm not bothered about the size of the club - it's pretty irrelevant. The only reason I am making these defences is because technically we are big, yet so many like to claim we aren't.

Tottenham always had as many fans as Arsenal before English football went global. It will just a sustained period of success to get back to that level. Perhaps you can say that of many clubs though. Who would have thought ten years ago City would now be considered as one of the biggest five clubs in England

Back