Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

Sayers was getting some serious reverse swing there.

How was Ludemann's stumping?! He's regarded as the best pure gloveman in Australia after Haddin. Is he a sneaky chance if Hads' shoulder is no good?

A great start to the Shield year but we did that last year too. I am very cynical given what we have done in the past but for me Sayers is very good and Zampa could be anything. Ferguson seems to have finally matured as a batsmen, and Hughes could be a huge in. The other two pace spots are the concern at the moment, as Putland, Mennie, Worrall etc have never been consistent. Still worried Cossie way too unfit and Botha taking up the spot of a youngster, such as Kelvin Smith.

A great start to the Shield year but we did that last year too. I am very cynical given what we have done in the past but for me Sayers is very good and Zampa could be anything. Ferguson seems to have finally matured as a batsmen, and Hughes could be a huge in. The other two pace spots are the concern at the moment, as Putland, Mennie, Worrall etc have never been consistent. Still worried Cossie way too unfit and Botha taking up the spot of a youngster, such as Kelvin Smith.
I actually think we're one quality fast bowler short of being favourites for the shield. Kane Richardson would be ideal right now, hopefully we get him back soon.

How was Ludemann's stumping?! He's regarded as the best pure gloveman in Australia after Haddin. Is he a sneaky chance if Hads' shoulder is no good?

Excellent leg side stumping, i saw it last night on the news and thought of Jack Russell doing the same in the 80s i think.

Sayers was getting some serious reverse swing there.

I'd like to think so, but reckon they've earmarked Dunk for it now, given his selection ahead of Paine.

But I never thought they'd give Manou a shot, and they did.

View attachment 90604
Good win by the Redbacks but the Vics effectively won 1.5 games in the first round. o_O

EDIT: and all three losing teams got more bonus points than SA.

I don't think any known sports league in the world has ever seen the type of premiership points handed out like this.

"Yeah we were just happy to bank the 7.12 points this week".

Why has Adelaide Oval been shafted with the cricket scheduling this Summer? We get no ODIs until the WC (and none involving Australia until the quarters), and just the usual early December Test match against India. Melbourne, Sydney and Perth all seem to get about 3 or 4 ODIs each (I know Perth get a couple of extra because of no Test match, but not sure why that means Adelaide gets shafted).

Why has Adelaide Oval been shafted with the cricket scheduling this Summer? We get no ODIs until the WC (and none involving Australia until the quarters), and just the usual early December Test match against India. Melbourne, Sydney and Perth all seem to get about 3 or 4 ODIs each (I know Perth get a couple of extra because of no Test match, but not sure why that means Adelaide gets shafted).

Because they're slowly preparing the rest of the country for the day when there are so few tour matches because teams want to spend as little time in each foreign location as possible, that there will only be enough time and games for Melbourne and Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isnt a bad bat, just more inconsistent than some others.

Seems like Cosgrove was dropped for Hughes simply for being a left hander.

Harsh, Cosi made a pretty classy 80 odd whilst the other opener did nothing with the bat... strange selection.

McDonald made 86 in the first innings to Cosgrove's 46. Berry said it was simply because both Hughes and Cosgrove were both left handers.

Ah right, missed the first innings and didn't think he did anything due to the average second innings.

My brain's still trying to process the declaration.

I mean... you're 80 runs in deficit and 4 wickets down. Why not look to bat more aggressively or even go kamikaze style swinging at every ball. You're going to have to score those runs some time, why not do it in the relative comfort of 4/350?

Botha must be some kind of genius seer. He's operating on that next next level of mind game.
We declared 4 down. If we lost another wicket we would have given Qld 0.5 points for the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back