Bacon8

Cancelled
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sunderland, Penguins, Strikers
Wonder if Tas just let Cossie be Cossie and didn't force any weight restrictions on him.

The bloke can bat.. who cares if he's 500 kgs.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm talking keeper-bats, and let's be honest, it's more important these days that the batting stacks up with those around you. Unfortunately Ludemans keeping (better than everyone else like you said except for Hartley) doesn't make up for this.
NSW are a great example of blooding youngsters and reaping the rewards of international players. I just think we could be doing things a lot better.
Head, Lehhman, Ross, K.Smith, Carey, H.Nielsen, Zampa, Richardson, Winter, Gregory are a very talented group. Surround them with Ferguson, Sayers, Cooper and McDonald and we may actually go somewhere.

For example:
Carey, K.Smith, Ferguson, Cooper, Head, Ross, Nielsen, Zampa, Richardson, Sayers, Winter. Talented and in my opinion still be competitive.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Wonder if Tas just let Cossie be Cossie and didn't force any weight restrictions on him.

The bloke can bat.. who cares if he's 500 kgs.
You gotta wonder. Boof wasn't exactly slim when he played and yet we don't cut Cosgrove the same slack. His attitude was poor in the early days but IMO he struggles with the 'Baby Boof' tag.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
You gotta wonder. Boof wasn't exactly slim when he played and yet we don't cut Cosgrove the same slack. His attitude was poor in the early days but IMO he struggles with the 'Baby Boof' tag.
Boof was never as big as Cossie. And Cosgrove has made no effort to change, and I think that speaks more about his character. Surely we want a side that pushes each other to the limits?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Definetly wouldn't mind Winter getting a game or 2 before seasons end. We need that 140kph+ bowler to rough guys up and then have Sayers, Richo etc picking up the pieces.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Definetly wouldn't mind Winter getting a game or 2 before seasons end. We need that 140kph+ bowler to rough guys up and then have Sayers, Richo etc picking up the pieces.
Absolutely, Winter, Richardson, Zampa, Sayers is a far better bowling lineup than what we've been sending out recently. Lack of bowling from the middle order hurts now that Botha has gone though.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Winter isn't that quick. Worrall is quicker.

A shame that George and Haberfield moved on. They were two that were tall and quick, swung them. Really disappointing that we weren't able to get their potential out of them.

Admittedly the pitch here is a major issue though for any quick bowler. Everyone looks at what Ryan Harris has done since leaving and says how silly of the Redbacks to let him go. Reality is if he'd stayed here he would have probably continued to be a handy Shield cricketer. Bowling on the Gabba every second game... different bowler.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Wasn't getting a gig here and wanted to play on the best wicket for fast bowling in the country. At the time I have to say I wasn't hugely concerned but hindsight is wonderful.

Wasn't getting a gig here and wanted to play on the best wicket for fast bowling in the country. At the time I have to say I wasn't hugely concerned but hindsight is wonderful.

I thought he didn't get along with Botha either.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I thought he didn't get along with Botha either.
I think Botha was pretty demanding on the guys which does rub people up the wrong way, clash of personalities but nothing unsavoury AFAIK

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
How does he get on with cossie then?
Interesting isn't it. Id say Cossies ability gets him to a point but his total lack of work rate would be annoying to most.

Back