Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

Great afternoon at Adelaide Oval, more people should head out to the SS! Not many better places on earth than the hill on a nice day at the cricket at AO.

Could not have asked for a better finish as a neutral, almost threw it away Redbacks style.
I used to love sitting 3/4 of the way up the Chappell stands in the shade with a nice breeze. Not sure I could handle the sun on the hill.

Maiden first class century by Head.
If he'd converted half those 50s to 100s he'd be in the test side by now. Or at least on par with Bancroft. As it is if he has a big summer he'll be close to next in line for Voges' spot

Why didn't he convert those 50s?
He's a boundary hitter as a batsman. Doesn't really work many singles. Throws the kitchen sink at anything outside off stump. Looks great when it comes off but it's a high risk game that eventually comes unstuck. Doesn't have the other gears the smart, experienced batters do which allows them to build big innings and score in low risk ways. Hopefully will come with time.

He's a boundary hitter as a batsman. Doesn't really work many singles. Throws the kitchen sink at anything outside off stump. Looks great when it comes off but it's a high risk game that eventually comes unstuck. Doesn't have the other gears the smart, experienced batters do which allows them to build big innings and score in low risk ways. Hopefully will come with time.
Siddons will be a good teacher for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much like Phil Hughes when Travis gets out it invariably looks horrible. Gets himself in all sorts due to his technique.

It'll work at state level but he isn't anywhere near ready for international level yet, which given the fact he is 21 is no shame.

I used to love sitting 3/4 of the way up the Chappell stands in the shade with a nice breeze. Not sure I could handle the sun on the hill.

Back in my late teens, we'd bring water balloons, fill them up and have wet t-shirt on the hill contests until security were called.

Should know better than to think we'd win 2 in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back