Opinion Are their any players you think the club overate?

Remove this Banner Ad

billy fragos

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
For me it would have to be mackay(4kay) I don't understand how he gets a 4 year 400k contract when we are trying to resign guys like tex,sloane,patty and are in the hot seat too sign the likes of JC and Aish

He would be our 4th or 5th highest paid player yet shouldnt make our best 18

Last edited:

For me it would have to be mackay(4kay) I don't understand how he gets a 4 year 400k contract when we are trying to resign guys like tex,sloane,patty and are in the hot seat too sign the likes of JC and Aish

Danger, Betts, Thommo, Sloane, Walker would all be earning more than 400K. Jacobs probably too, as he came over on 330K (and has performed way more than that). Then you have Douglas & VB who should be too, or at least the same.

1/3 of the AFL earns 300K+

The average salary is 270K, so 400K isn't a big jump. A new recruit (on about 120K) + Mackay = 520, or 260K each = below average.

The last 2 years would include 150K p/year as veteran's allowance, so not included in the salary cap.

im not having cheap shot but Dangerfield is overrated, love the way he gets the ball but he does have a habit of burning it, i think Crows people rate him in the top 5 players of the comp when i think hes between 10 and 15.

im not having cheap shot but Dangerfield is overrated, love the way he gets the ball but he does have a habit of burning it, i think Crows people rate him in the top 5 players of the comp when i think hes between 10 and 15.
Didn't have a great year last year, probably injury related. At his best he is easily top 5.

Thanks so much for your contribution given we all know just how much the Port board love Patty.

I think you will find there is plenty of objective measure out there that has him well inside the top 10.

Take your Danger hate back to your own cesspool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares what Poower fans think, like flies to a dog turd they turn up here every time a thread like this goes up......would they care to start up a similar thread on their board so we can "rate" some of their under performers???

Crows only thread or the poower mob just can't help themselves!!

Please provide evidence Mackay is on 400k. For all we know he signed a 4 year deal for 250k a year.

Reilly obviously.

Yeah I would like to see some evidence because it's incredibly hard to believe our club would be so incompetent...
Must have been a trade off between security of term and less dollars. What the figure is who knows but happy for Nobes to take calculated risks.

Who cares what Poower fans think, like flies to a dog turd they turn up here every time a thread like this goes up......would they care to start up a similar thread on their board so we can "rate" some of their under performers???

Crows only thread or the poower mob just can't help themselves!!
We are just civil folk.

Oh, this is awkward...

Ebert 77 clangers for the year
Wines 73 clangers for the year

Dangerfield 66 clangers for the year.

ding, ding, ding we have a new clanger king.

Oh, this is awkward...

Ebert 77 clangers for the year
Wines 73 clangers for the year

Dangerfield 66 clangers for the year.

ding, ding, ding we have a new clanger king.
Gold - they never let the truth get in the way of a good story though. So anyway just how overrated is that Wines bloke eh?

Gold - they never let the truth get in the way of a good story though. So anyway just how overrated is that Wines bloke eh?

Well, actually Peter, he is a gun and everyone knows it but we don't have that level of hatred towards their players as they do towards Patty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back