Analysis Are we really a spooner side this year? I mean, REALLY?

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be a yes but if we continue with the effort we showed today then it is not going to be as bad as last year in terms of those 70+ point thrashings....we will be competitive.....but not sure how many games we'll win, especially if we don;t get something in the first 6 rounds or so...

So on that logic North Melbourne are not going to play finals?
I think there's every chance they won't. But I mean if we are losing to gws at home whilst melb and bulldogs seem to improving then the only conclusion to draw is that yes atm we are wooden spoon quality.

Will get the spoon this year and next, maybe win 6 to 8 games the next 2 years

I think there's every chance they won't. But I mean if we are losing to gws at home whilst melb and bulldogs seem to improving then the only conclusion to draw is that yes atm we are wooden spoon quality.

It isn't a great thing to lose to them in melbourne but I had people at SS saying we should get on the $3.95 for the GWS to beat us over 39 points or something. We could have won that game and on team stats were almost even. I would think one round in is a bit early to call anything. There is another 22 rounds to go and people have chucked in the towel. I still think The dogs dees and saints will be bottom three but the order will sort out over time. No need to rush it.

We need to win some games otherwise there will be no members turning up! 18k today is poor at any time of the year and the club will go broke if the cant turn those numbers around. Goes to show no matter how much media coverage a team gets in the off season it a sucessful team their members turn out to watch!

We need to win some games otherwise there will be no members turning up! 18k today is poor at any time of the year and the club will go broke if the cant turn those numbers around. Goes to show no matter how much media coverage a team gets in the off season it a sucessful team their members turn out to watch!

18000 just Saints fans is okay. If that was a melbourne based team it would have been packed.

They flashed a stat that of the 19k only 9k were paid up 2015 members.....so who were the other 9 or 10K??? Maybe its Easter Sunday and people are away, (I know I normally am), but that is a poor turnout for a 1st game of the season.....:(

Don't forget its also Easter weekend. I'm sure a significant number of supporters were unable to make it due to being away, or having family engagements etc.

There were probably 400 GWS supporters tops.

They flashed a stat that of the 19k only 9k were paid up 2015 members.....so who were the other 9 or 10K??? Maybe its Easter Sunday and people are away, (I know I normally am), but that is a poor turnout for a 1st game of the season.....:(
It seemed like most were Saints fans, and not many Medallion Club members, so the others were probably those coming with free tickets from other members. Something else, I also read that u15s had free entry? Wonder if this impacted attendance (ie, they just walked in, and weren't counted).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seemed like most were Saints fans, and not many Medallion Club members, so the others were probably those coming with free tickets from other members. Something else, I also read that u15s had free entry? Wonder if this impacted attendance (ie, they just walked in, and weren't counted).
Just on this, kids still had to get a ticket from the ticket box if they were to get in for free so would have been counted!

If that is the calibre of GWS this year, then they arent going to win too many more games than last year I would have thought.

We also should remember that a handful of our better players were also out - Ray, Ross, Webster, Billings, Acres, hell even Saunders, Murdoch, Patty, Goddard, those guys. We give 15-20 games to Webster, Billings, Acres, Dunstan this year and I can tell you that by the end of the year we will be a very competitive football side.

Don't fire the cannon early. WCE showed how quickly things can change. Brisbane were heading north at 1 o'clock yesterday. The Dogs have a new coach and heaps of enthusiasm but they also have a huge number of kids. Melbourne look better but we haven't seen what we can do yet. GCS show what happens when a team thinks that progression will come without hard work. The Giants might be the same.

Gringo, well done. Pretty close to the mark with your prediction here.

It's too early to say, I thought that both Carlton and north played worse this weekend. And losing to gws isn't the same as it was a few years ago they are a 9-11 win team this year

Yep, maybe I'm a determined optimistic, but I think it's too early to call. We played with two debutants and one one-gamer, plus two guys who haven't played in anger for a year or more. No Billings, Webster, Hickey, Wright, Ray, Gilbert, Acres, all of whom are pretty safely in our best 25. Until we get closer to that team, we don't know what we're capable of.

Considering that just one of Hickey or Billlings probably would have given us that edge its an impossible thing to really determin.

Ahhh the optimism in this thread
040427d5631d6869d2a84bcd17b515da.jpg

No. Carlton a shoo-in on tonight's performance... :D

I kid, we're still terrible...
Can't wait for the day we see Paddy start tearing arseholes like Kennedy is tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Carlton a shoo-in on tonight's performance... :D

I kid, we're still terrible...
We're terrible because we have a young, inexperienced, rebuilding team and a coaching panel more interested in development than winning. Carlton are terrible because they have no soul as a team. To quote my favourite sports personality, 'Angry Knicks Fan'.

"The 2015, Mick Malthouse coached, Marc Murphy lead, Carlton Blues ain't got no ******* heart".

May or may not be adaptation of original quote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back