Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I personally am mate. He seems great Value for what he can produce. Can he play too his best again? I doubt it but I'm still thinking a 105 average is on the cards which is worth it.

Definitely starting for me. Even if he continues on with last season's "putrid" scores he is still a 90 point average forward.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Interesting that Buckley seemed to indicate he would spend a fair bit of time forward still this year. However is running without pain and in better shape.

Don't know why anyone wouldn't pick him unless they have absolutely no idea or a logic-proof Collingwood hatred.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Don't know why anyone wouldn't pick him unless they have absolutely no idea or a logic-proof Collingwood hatred.
I did hear Buckley mentioned or implied hed mainly play forward on afl.com.au with stints in the midfield. Didnt exactly scream confidence. Only avg 86~ from memory in the last 10 games last year is in the twilight of his career and there are plenty of excellent forward options.

Will be a bold move to not start him as a forward but i see some potential for downside in him and could be a unique option to not start with him and see him avg 85 would be a massive win. In turn it could quite easily go the other way which is why itd be a bold move.

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
I did hear Buckley mentioned or implied hed mainly play forward on afl.com.au with stints in the midfield. Didnt exactly scream confidence. Only avg 86~ from memory in the last 10 games last year is in the twilight of his career and there are plenty of excellent forward options.

Will be a bold move to not start him as a forward but i see some potential for downside in him and could be a unique option to not start with him and see him avg 85 would be a massive win. In turn it could quite easily go the other way which is why itd be a bold move.
yep this is my thinking exactly, and I dont know if I have the guts to go through with it. I was orgainsally under the impression that he would stay primarily forward this season, and now with Buckley stating this, I see potential for him to punch in sub 75 scores at the beginning of the year especially. It would put you in a great position if this happened and you had the guts to not start him.. interesting

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Just from watching the Carlton game he didnt seem to be moving that well also saw him in the forward line although mainly midfield. However does that change with Sidebottom and Adams back in the side?

Ive been saying it for a while hes not the lock that people think he is.

A) Proposed.continued forward time from the coaches mouth
B) Sidebottom during commentary hardly jumped out and said hed had an amzing preseason in fact saying 'he was slow to get going'
C) The multitude of quality premium options in Gray, Bartel, Martin, Franklin
D) his (Swans) end to the season last year yeh maybe he wasnt 100% but will he be this year. Only avg 85 from his last 10 and something like 73 in his last 5

Im always going to pick one of Ablett/Rocky with the news recently about Ablett it doesn't fill me with enthusiasm and confidence.

94_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jul 22, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats Warriors Glory Pelicans
Dusty and Gray are locks and I'm starting a Zorko or Bennell at F4 for value, so that leaves F3 for Bartel or Swan.

Gotta see what role Bartel plays with SJ back in the side this weekend.

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Currently no.

My fwd line setup is Bartel, Dusty, Gray, Mitchell, Honeychurch, Clark

Just can't him being more value than my top 4 fwd's, especially in the first few rounds.

Happy to be proven wrong though and fully expect he will make his way into my side at some stage, hopefully as an upgrade for D5/6 after the byes

Back