Arise, Sir Prince Phillip!

Remove this Banner Ad

Astonishing to think that we don't believe we're capable of governing ourselves

We don't need nothing from this world. It's the liberal party, on behalf of the royals that keep us in our box. We don't even need anyones military, we can shore up our security threw diplomacy and trade. Something whitlam attempted.

Abbott must have eyes on getting a knighthood for himself from the Queen like all former British PMs eventually do.

Given most in here disagree with knighthoods in the first place, why so many twisted knickers?

If I didn't care about something I wouldn't care that what I don't care about was given to someone I don't care about.

It's actually rather amusing, lots of people shouting at clouds.

Given most in here disagree with knighthoods in the first place, why so many twisted knickers?

If I didn't care about something I wouldn't care that what I don't care about was given to someone I don't care about.

It's even more amusing when the clouds feel the need to shout back

Its abuse of public office. Exactly like the scholarship his daughter got and the punishment handed out to the woman who alerted the public to that corruption.

Adam Clayton Powell

There are exception for the royals because it's an order of chivalry invested in the queen of Australia, fabulous phil is eligible.
I was only quoting what Abbott himself said.

Yeah nah. A fantasy peddled by monarchists (await Bigfooty's Sir David)

I assume that is a reference to my good self.

I've already told you (twice before) that David Flint's position on the monarchy is not my position on the monarchy.

Is it that difficult to understand? Is it too complicated for you? Or do you just continue to misrepresent my position for cheap point scoring?

Really the whole thing is meaningless and I don't think anybody has really got "twisted knickers". Personally I couldn't care who he gives out knighthoods to.

But his decision tells us a lot about how he sees Australia and what he values. The fact that almost the entire population sees the choice as a joke shows that his idea of Australia is completely divergent from the vast majority of the population. Having a PM so at odds with the population is a pretty strange situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really the whole thing is meaningless and I don't think anybody has really got "twisted knickers". Personally I couldn't care who he gives out knighthoods to.

But his decision tells us a lot about how he sees Australia and what he values. The fact that almost the entire population sees the choice as a joke shows that his idea of Australia is completely divergent from the vast majority of the population. Having a PM so at odds with the population is a pretty strange situation.

It also shows that we are all pro-war.

Haven't seen any knicker twisting over Cosgrove.

If we are to have knighthoods, the selection criteria MUST be strict and reasonable:

* Australian Citizen, by either birthright or naturalisation;
* Positive contribution to Australian society past and present;

Prince Phillip doesn't meet either or even both of those.

If we are to have knighthoods, the selection criteria MUST be strict and reasonable:

* Australian Citizen, by either birthright or naturalisation;
* Positive contribution to Australian society past and present;

Prince Phillip doesn't meet either or even both of those.

He obviously met the current criteria. Go and lobby your local MP.

If you can't understand why Cosgrove is a far less controversial candidate for such an award than Prince Phillip then you're a moron of the highest order.

Oh no, I know why he was awarded it. And he is a most deserving recipient.

I'm just amused that the anti-war/occupation brigade haven't piped up about it. You know, given his past and then senior roles in the ADF.

All their energies directed towards Prince Philip maybe??

Post a picture. Thats what you're good at.
tumblr_madeupaacz1r20nwwo1_500.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back