Game Day Around the Grounds Rounds 6-10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swans a great victory , best game I have seen this year.

Best home and away game of footy I have seen in nearly 10 years, tough, uncompromising, yet played within the rules of the game, Sam Mitchell and Goody Two Shoes were immense.

Love seeing Jarrod McVeigh happy and up and about, went through such an unimaginable loss a few years ago that no one ever should. He is such a resilient person, admire him.

Oh and Hawthorn were brilliant, any other week they would have won, this game was a battle between two evenly matched gladiators in the coliseum. The type of footy we used to watch on a regular basis but now is as rare as Hen's Teeth.

WOW.

Sydney may have got the points but they really shouldn't be happy with the performance.

Make no mistake, they were definitely outplayed.

Sign of a champion is playing poorly/being out played for 2 and a half quarters, but somehow finding a will to win.

That Bloods team has character. Has it in spades.

Sign of a champion is playing poorly/being out played for 2 and a half quarters, but somehow finding a will to win.

Oh no doubt. I just don't think they should feel pleased by the perfomance.

Btw, the sign of a champion is winning back to back flags. Hawthorn lost 4 points tonight, nothing more. They'd still be confident of beating Sydney when it counts.

Best home and away game of footy I have seen in nearly 10 years, tough, uncompromising, yet played within the rules of the game, Sam Mitchell and Goody Two Shoes were immense.

Love seeing Jarrod McVeigh happy and up and about, went through such an unimaginable loss a few years ago that no one ever should. He is such a resilient person, admire him.

Oh and Hawthorn were brilliant, any other week they would have won, this game was a battle between two evenly matched gladiators in the coliseum. The type of footy we used to watch on a regular basis but now is as rare as Hen's Teeth.

WOW.
Rioli lost that game as sure as Herschelle Gibbs dropped the World Cup in 99.

Carlton board is probably wondering if we can do a backroom deal to buy some Sydney's character. #Quickfixes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it was just Delicious that cost the Hawks the game this evening.

Did you see the number of hospital kicks late in the game? Suckling, Breust, many more just with horrible kicks. Kicking into the man on the mark, spraying absolutely crucial scoring opportunities (that Breust kick after that special piece of play by Burgoyne was a head scratcher), etc. Half of the Hawks team just choked.

Still, will be one of those games at the end of the season where the Hawks will be more confident than the Swans if they play each other come September. It took massively uncharacteristic choking to get the Swans over the line and a special last ten minutes from their captain which as good as he is unlikely to happen again.

Rioli lost that game as sure as Herschelle Gibbs dropped the World Cup in 99.

Yeah but by tomorrow it will have been turned around to the point that no other player in the land bar Cyril would have been able to get a glove on it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back