Game Day Around the MCG - Grand Final Day

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Geelong, the Hawks are going to shatter your record today.

We're going to see as big a belting as anyone could envision in professional sports today.

Just a gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong.

Hawthorn easily ..

I honestly feel (with all due respect) that this West Coast team is the worse Grand Finalist (on paper) since 2007, in just about every line on the ground, The Hawks have WCE measured.

Clarko knows the historical significance of this match, this team will become football immortals, right up there with the great Demons side of the 50s if they win today. You can question the Hawks tactics and sportsmanship but you cannot question their resolve. This footy club used to have that same steely resolution, but alas, not since probably 1982.

The mantra of Yabby Jeans 'Are you prepared to pay the price' rings so true for this Hawks team, every historically great team has players that play on a physical edge (Hawks 80s, Lions threepeat etc) but because the AFL in the last 10 years have sanitized the game to point of it becoming hop scotch footy, Hawthorn's physicality seems to be an issue for some.

Hawks by 6 goals plus, Jordan Lewis Norm Smith, Cyril to set the tone with 2 early goals.

Bryan Adams............the years have not been good.

.....and Sam Lane ads to the moment,

Bugger the roast chook, the first beer is upon me.

Ed: and in football's biggest update..............it is hot.

Flick it over the Foxtel mate.
Coverage is so much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back