FTA-TV Arrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Im hearing a lot of people are really pissed off with the show, the social media backlash has been massive.

Two groups that i can see, 1 is the fansgirls that want oliver with Felicity and the other is the comic fans who are saying this is ripping off a Batman Story.

Now i dont know the batman stories at all really, but surely people realise that there will never be a live action batman series, this might be as close as we get, and if its a good story, why not use it?

Might be a bit naive of me, but i dont really understand the hate.

Im hearing a lot of people are really pissed off with the show, the social media backlash has been massive.

Two groups that i can see, 1 is the fansgirls that want oliver with Felicity and the other is the comic fans who are saying this is ripping off a Batman Story.

Now i dont know the batman stories at all really, but surely people realise that there will never be a live action batman series, this might be as close as we get, and if its a good story, why not use it?

Might be a bit naive of me, but i dont really understand the hate.

Did you see Batman Begins?

I think the Ras offering Batman the job as head of the league was a specific and ongoing story in the comics. That never happened in Begins.

Well not as identical as what apperently the Arrow writers have done. Theres a few regulars who know the comics quite well here I am sure they can fill us in.

I cant beleive how many people were losing their s**t about Felicity and Ray on social media.....never realised how much people were into that stuff.

Very interesting ep to say the least. I'm not sure I bought the whole Ollie 'I need to save Thea's soul' by not letting her be responsible for killing her father' angle but was good that they added another dimension to it by showing Ollie saying he feared Ra's and basically had to confront his demons again.

Great to see Palmer finally suit up - kind of looked like Judge Dredd in the suit I though :D

Very intrigued to see where the whole Ollie successor to Ra's angle goes. Very Batman-esque, though I'm not 100% sure why Ra's would want Ollie to succeed him (in the comics, didn't he want Batman to be his successor because he was the first/only(?) person to best him?).

I'm also not 100% sure who's going to be the big bad guy at the end - probably Ra's but maybe that comes after Ollie declines the offer - to which Ra's doesn't respond well too.

Sucks we have to wait a few weeks now for the next ep. :(

Yeah but my understanding is it is a comic storyline that people are quite fond of. Thats where the anger is coming from.

Im actually really enjoying it, id like if he takes him up on the offer and we maybe get a bit of a split next season. Oliver learning about himself in the league and Atom in Starling, maybe with Roy pretending to be GA in olivers absence. Then oliver returns (maybe the league collapses somehow), Roy gets upset doesnt want to be the sidekick again, becomes Arsenal goes off on his own, Thea takes her place at Olivers side. That could be a pretty cool arc i think.

I thought it was Ra's best episode, maybe it's me getting used to him but the actor seems to be settling into the role.

Glad they threw in some excuse after Oliver and Diggle went full Rambo3 on the league of assassins

I think Ray and Felicity are way better.

Hopefully they get back to trying to "save" the city, like the first two seasons, next season. I think that's why i like the way that Ray's storyline is heading.

Iron man on Arrow. Cool.

In all seriousness Atom spin off show has been confirmed so that's a go. Should finally get a good look at him in the next few episodes.

Bring on the batman stories. Loving it.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not the only one who confused The Atom with Captain Atom, I haven't read the comics but was the atom ever known for rocket boots?

(I really don't mind them doing their own version just not sure why The Atom was chosen)

Looks like another spin off possibly in the works with Ray Palmer and Firestorm.

Maybe she wouldn't cross over until Arrow was winding down but you'd think they'd be mad to move Felicity across to it anytime soon (if they do end up following that storyline).

Maybe she wouldn't cross over until Arrow was winding down but you'd think they'd be mad to move Felicity across to it anytime soon (if they do end up following that storyline).

Why couldn't she do both?

Maybe I'm not the only one who confused The Atom with Captain Atom, I haven't read the comics but was the atom ever known for rocket boots?

(I really don't mind them doing their own version just not sure why The Atom was chosen)

Looks like another spin off possibly in the works with Ray Palmer and Firestorm.

Messed my post up, obviously the Atom has already been confirmed but the spin off show is confirmed as well.

Just caught up with the three episodes that I missed while I was travelling. Love the episode where Oliver returns to the city during the flashback. Very clever bringing back past characters and giving insight on characters affected by Oliver's departure.

This second half of the season has really picked up.

They've changed a few things on this show and I think it's so it can be more popular to the masses. They probably figure they already have the comic book fans on board but need more of the mainstream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've changed a few things on this show and I think it's so it can be more popular to the masses. They probably figure they already have the comic book fans on board but need more of the mainstream.
Probably about 95% of people who watch the show have never read a comic book.

Don't know what to think about Ra's offer to Ollie.

I mean he basically made Ollie his bitch up on that mountain top (no shame in losing to Ra's though) and left him for dead and then he's like, "Well I admire your spirit and courage and some such...soooo how about you be my successor?" :drunk:

After a couple of quiet weeks, i liked Oliver/Thea vs slade and now Oilver vs Ra. One thing that has annoyed, actually still does is Laurel's "abilities" or lack there of to be a hero. She had what no more than 12 months of training and most of that was with a boxer, when she set up merlin and attacked him i genuinely lol'd (even Roy's transformation as red arrow was a stretch but he was trained by Ollie). Look at someone like diggle years and years pf experience in the military yet seems to sit behind a desk when they go fight the bad guys. It was good to see him in action against the league.

Pretty ordinary episode till the ending...Think Ra's knew ollie was covering up for merlyne the whole time.

laurel does my fking head in. Really dislike her costume.

5 hours of boxing... brb gonna go try kill an top tier assassin..... Spends the whole season lying to her dad about Sarah, yet has the balls to ask how someone can lie to her
3077217049.gif

Also how did Thea know how to contact the league of assassins? must of sent them a message via their official facebook page or somehing
icon_lol.gif

Last weekends PaleyFest trailer Spoilers. and one line could be a huge spoiler for this weeks episode. Also shows 2 more people find out that Ollie is the Arrow so huge spoilers within
It sounded like Ra's said Mr. Queen wants to go to war with us. Which is a huge spoiler since is means he declines the offer. although not an unexpected result.

Last weekends PaleyFest trailer Spoilers. and one line could be a huge spoiler for this weeks episode. Also shows 2 more people find out that Ollie is the Arrow so huge spoilers within
It sounded like Ra's said Mr. Queen wants to go to war with us. Which is a huge spoiler since is means he declines the offer. although not an unexpected result.

Ra's already said that line earlier in the season if I'm not mistaken. After Oliver said Merlyn is under his protection.

Ra's already said that line earlier in the season if I'm not mistaken. After Oliver said Merlyn is under his protection.

well the 2 who find out is a huge spoiler IMO.

About time Detective Lance finds out, but im surprised that he looks pissed and like he wants to arrest him like back in Season 1, They seem to be on the same side now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back