Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't give a s**t what the PFA said, they don't get to interpret contractual terms. Courts do. Any ambiguity in a contract will be read AGAINST the party that drafted the contract.

Your owner has just stated that there was a buy-out clause that was triggered and they chose to ignore the terms of an employment contract.

Your club got ******* lucky that Suarez didn't call the bluff.

You are absolutely incorrect. If there was a buy-out clause that allowed Suarez to end the contract if condition x was met (a transfer fee of 40m pounds or more) then Suarez wouldn't have required permission from us to complete the transfer. It was clause that allows him to negotiate and nothing more. A buy-out clause that allows one party to end the contract is what Goetze had at Borussia Dortmund hence why he moved to Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund were unable to do anything about it. There was no obligation sell, only an obligation to allow negotiations. Two completely different things.

You are absolutely incorrect. If there was a buy-out clause that allowed Suarez to end the contract if condition x was met (a transfer fee of 40m pounds or more) then Suarez wouldn't have required permission from us to complete the transfer. It was clause that allows him to negotiate and nothing more. A buy-out clause that allows one party to end the contract is what Goetze had at Borussia Dortmund hence why he moved to Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund were unable to do anything about it. There was no obligation sell, only an obligation to allow negotiations. Two completely different things.

No you are incorrect.

Henry clearly stated it was a "Buyout clause", he used those exact words. "He had a buyout clause of £40m."

He didn't say "Clause to negotiate"

He didn't say, "we were under no obligation to sell" He stated that they chose to ignore this clause because they thought legally they could. "Since apparently these contracts don’t seem to hold, we took the position that we’re just not selling"

Henry gambled, Suarez didn't force the issue otherwise It would have blown up in his face.

This thread has never been more relevant
1 month later
All Arsenal fans: "We are Top of the league! I love Arsene Wenger!"

I've fair dinkum just about had it. Signing two world class (yes, WORLD class) talents in as many years, thought we were beginning to show some serious intent to get the club back to its rightful position as one of the best in the world, but no. Blind Freddy could see that the current first team has two blatantly obvious, and not overly hard to fix, mind, deficiencies in the striker and defensive midfield positions. We have had a good two months to fix this yet once again Wenger ignores the blatantly obvious and refuses to buy. We will never win anything other than the odd domestic cup under Wenger, he doesn't have the ruthlessness needed to compete with the best in the transfer market. He plays favourites even when players clearly aren't Arsenal standard. It's quite sickening to be honest. We're destined to be nothing more than a 3rd or 4th club in England for the foreseeable future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next 5 league games:

City (h)
Villa (a)
Spurs (h)
Chelsea (a)
Hull (h)

Can all potentially be tricky. Maybe Hull is 3 points, but the other 4 before that are no certainties. And they have CL games against Dortmund and Gala stuck in between those
Interesting. I hope they do both City and Chelsea but lose the other three. Best possible results for Liverpool :D

Look, Welbeck isn't great in my opinion but he is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. The majority of the time at United he was forced to play a specific role that didn't really give him much of a chance to score.

Has pace and works hard. Won't cause issues in the change rooms either.

I seriously thought the Ozil and Sanchez signings were the start of some serious spending for Arsenal though. Appears that nothing is really going to change until Wenger is gone.

Look, Welbeck isn't great in my opinion but he is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. The majority of the time at United he was forced to play a specific role that didn't really give him much of a chance to score.

Has pace and works hard. Won't cause issues in the change rooms either.

I seriously thought the Ozil and Sanchez signings were the start of some serious spending for Arsenal though. Appears that nothing is really going to change until Wenger is gone.

Sanchez and Ozil is spending.

"After spending a serious amount of money on these world class players i though Arsene would start spending"

If one of Kos and Per went down who will play CB? Chambers? Is there someone I'm missing or do you only have 2 CB's and a versatile kid?

That's leaves no margin for injuries or rotation at all. We ran the gauntlet last season at LB and lost Rose for 3 months. Could be the difference between battling for 3rd with Liverpool or scrapping with us and United for 4-6th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back