ASADA Enquiry to bring down AFL Leadership -- Roy Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

@Park Chan-Wook ThatsjustDappa

pre-Alison Whyte Good Guys Bad Guys Terminus on Victoria Road. the heroin musta been on Victoria street then? I know the high tide was misd 2000s, and the late 90s, early 2000s was smith st. evo? where could you get smack then

Think it might have been Russell St around then Schwarz katze.

Took me ages to work out that those seedy dudes were saying 'chasin?'

Thought they were mistakenly calling me Jason until the penny dropped.

plagiarising for my sig. best ever line on the FigBooty, and if anyone is qualified to assess, its moi

Never touched that crap - I may have encouraged their attentions by being under the influence of various sativa/indica hybrids on the way to Stalactites for a much needed gyros, but cannot confirm or deny this.

The fact that there was no leaks about the Cronulla investigation while the Essendon one leaked like a sieve up until the interim report only to go fairly quiet until McDaddy went on his clown show tour says a lot.

I'd be pretty sure that ASADA leaked close to zero. It was all coming from a few campaigners with an agenda at the AFL.

Which has been steadily eroded and crushed under the weight of the chip on his shoulder re: Australian Football.

New Stadiums Built: Skoda, Metricon
Upgrades: Skilled, Adelaide Oval, SCG
New stadium about to commence: Perth.

You don't think maybe the AFL had a bit of a hand in securing the infrastrucure funding for the above projects? Or were all of these projects being funded the result og happenstance and luck that occured without any AFL involvement?

Not me Roddy, I give the AFL some credit, not the credit Andy claimed, or Fitz gave to Andy or the credit SA press types gave to Gil.

Lets start close to home Roddy, Gils uncle Ian kicked off AFL footy to Adelaide Oval, not the AFL, sure they added their weight when the SANFL could not manage a cash cow (the Crows/the Power), did SA footy lose? Seems to me the Crows are losing, Port are losing & the SANFL & SACA are banking the proceeds. Footy fans are the losers.

I hope the AFL cant get over the fence when negotiations over the new WA stadium are playing out (the fence being the rabbit proof fence designed to keep wise men from the east OUT !!)

Footy is the cash cow & deserves the benefits. Does the Government of SA recognise that (staying close to home)? Vic Govt wants the local cricket club to benefit in preference to footy & ignores those bums that pay the bills year in, year out. The WA Govt can learn from the blunders in these fellow AFL states. Why do Q & NSW see the benefits of AFL whereas Victoria are in denial?

all i can remember then was a teenager playing fightclub or <something>fighter the arcade games in those skeevy game places near Hungry Jacks and the Rockmans Regency. Think Rockmans next corner up, Exhibition, Lumiere was closer.

Which has been steadily eroded and crushed under the weight of the chip on his shoulder re: Australian Football.

New Stadiums Built: Skoda, Metricon
Upgrades: Skilled, Adelaide Oval, SCG
New stadium about to commence: Perth.

You don't think maybe the AFL had a bit of a hand in securing the infrastrucure funding for the above projects? Or were all of these projects being funded the result og happenstance and luck that occured without any AFL involvement?

The AFL not only had a hand in these, but directly provided funding towards them, and is expected to supply some funding towards Perth Stadium. Metricon and Spotless arrangements are signed with the AFL, and the Adelaide Oval development was only possible with the AFL guaranteeing funding levels with the SANFL. Ian Mclachlan may have started it, but he by no means got the deal anywhere near the line. Hell the AFL are chairing the goddamn review into the stadiums costs and deal even now.

Nah... "sweeping it under the carpet" would have been letting Essendon know, telling them to shred everything and play dumb if ASADA come knocking (like every other club did when this broke).

They tried to manage it as opposed to sweeping it... "Self report" and make sure everything "looked good"... Like they were cooperating.

The AFL weren't protecting Essendon, the were protecting the AFL, as is their job.

They tripped themselves up in the process, now both sides (Essendon and ASADA) are out for them.

It's standard AFL procedure, try to be everything to everyone.

By protecting the AFL they were protecting Essendon though by tipping them off etc.

The fact that there was no leaks about the Cronulla investigation while the Essendon one leaked like a sieve up until the interim report only to go fairly quiet until McDaddy went on his clown show tour says a lot.

I'd be pretty sure that ASADA leaked close to zero. It was all coming from a few campaigners with an agenda at the AFL.
You're kidding, right? Does the name Tania Hird ring a bell? Hanke?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should the AFL getting involved in a "joint" investigation result in getting rid of the evidence. Then the AFL will consider it a case of mission success and wear whatever bad vibe they cop from the pollies until the next scandal attracts the pollies ire, about 7 days should do it.

You're kidding, right? Does the name Tania Hird ring a bell? Hanke?

Of course they started leaking but it was a long time after the AFL got into it. Evans really let it get out of hand by playing by the rules for too long when it was clear that there were many others that weren't to the club's detriment.

I was living close to Victoria St until recently and took great delight in replying "yeah I'm Jason, what's your name?"

:bewildered look and scurry off:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I was living close to Victoria St until recently and took great delight in replying "yeah I'm Jason, what's your name?"

:bewildered look and scurry off:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Canberra never unnerstood when compiling the Census results so many Jasons in KingsCross and Collingwood!

Last edited:
Essendon's greatest crime is letting NRL flogs slag footy.
vlad bought israel falau tho

mitch robinson and brad sewell would have much better buys and immediately given the team that competitive zeal they were never gonna have without an ablett. much respect to callum ward tho, and he will be a gun for 10 years. but short term, culture creation, a crazy like mitch, and a hard nut like sewell, woulda been worthing paying overs, paying Heath Shaw money and telling them not paid for the possessions, but the expectations and culture for the foundation of the club. let the blue chips be drafted in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back