ASADA Enquiry to bring down AFL Leadership -- Roy Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

You get a buffalo bill as long as you behave yourself.

#BFSkinner
Blackrat?

skinner_box.jpg

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Unfortunately Roy Masters is right. The AFL actively encourages cheating by their actions, on the proviso that you don't hurt the brand. If you get caught and hurt the brand then the AFL has to slap you with a wet feather. For example:

The AFL allow salary cap cheating for Sydney, Gold Coast and GWS but not the rest of the comp. If you get caught though salary cap cheating then the AFL will slap you over the wrist. Unlike the NRL who take away premierships, when Essendon were found to be salary cap cheating in their premiership year the AFL didn't have the balls to take away Essendon's flag because of the brand.

The AFL allow drugs to be used. They allow players to do drugs but if they get caught 3 times they will likely suspend the player but pretend they are injured... to "protect the brand". They don't even tell the clubs the player has tested positive to drugs and pretend it's about "privacy" when really it's about preventing leaks and protecting the brand.

The AFL promote tanking with the draft pick system, yet will never admit tanking actually exists even though blind Freddy could see it does. If they do find a club tanks (eg Melbourne) they will fine them $500,000 but tell the world they aren't fining them for tanking... because that hurts the brand.

I hope the AFL commission does go down. Probably since early 2000s the AFL has been unbalanced. The AFL decided it was more important gifting Brisbane and Sydney premierships because it meant more $$$$ in their pockets in TV rights. It's time we had a clean out.

stuff your liberty if you wanna play affal? do you run the siberian gulag holidays at Flight Centre?

Turn down the volume and watch. That song is so sound processed you can only imagine how bad her singing is without technological assistance. What has she done since that abomination?

I think I saw she was a keeper at Tooronga Zoo or some such. Seemed very down to earth and that whole thing was just a bit of a giggle for her back in the day.

Aug 25, 2003
here
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was definitely worse than the espy. It had shag pile. You could literally see ciggy butts and creatures living in there. it was like walking through a swamp.
I used to go there in the 80's when they had lots of Blues bands playing on Sunday arvos, cant really remember the carpet, it wasn't what I was
focused on I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
The AFL not only had a hand in these, but directly provided funding towards them, and is expected to supply some funding towards Perth Stadium. Metricon and Spotless arrangements are signed with the AFL, and the Adelaide Oval development was only possible with the AFL guaranteeing funding levels with the SANFL. Ian Mclachlan may have started it, but he by no means got the deal anywhere near the line. Hell the AFL are chairing the goddamn review into the stadiums costs and deal even now.

The AFL did not put one cent into the AO upgrade, all they did was agree to schedule all Port and Crows home games there. Ie. the two SA teams cannot sell home games to other venues.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
The AFL did not put one cent into the AO upgrade, all they did was agree to schedule all Port and Crows home games there. Ie. the two SA teams cannot sell home games to other venues.

1) I wasnt specifically talking about the upgrade, but the guaranteed funding from the AFL, Adelaide and Port Adelaide as terms for the license handover.
2) The AFL actually committed $5 million to the upgrade of Adelaide Oval.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
1) I wasnt specifically talking about the upgrade, but the guaranteed funding from the AFL, Adelaide and Port Adelaide as terms for the license handover.
2) The AFL actually committed $5 million to the upgrade of Adelaide Oval.

1) Still not sure what you mean about the AFL guaranteeing funding - is it them fixturing games at AO? Port and the Crows paid/are paying for our licences from the SANFL once again the AFL aren't buying them for us.

2) Surprised at that, it has been reported over here that the AFL didn't kick in a dime towards the AO upgrade.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Mate I live in Adelaide, it was all over the papers and in the Auditor generals report in 2011.

I just checked the 2012 Auditor Generals report and found this on page 13

As communicated in my first Report, the AFL has advised that, subject to final approval from the AFL Commission, it is prepared to contribute $5 million to meet the cost of certain aspects of the redevelopment of the western grandstand. No funding from the AFL has been received at the time of finalisation of this Report

And then the August 2013 Auditor Generals report had this on page 20

As communicated in my previous Reports the AFL has advised that, subject to final approval from the AFL Commission, it is prepared to contribute $5 million to meet the cost of certain aspects of the redevelopment of the Western Grandstand. No funding from the AFL has been received at the time of finalisation of this Report.

Finally, the February 2014 Auditor Generals report had this on page 22

Audit review for the current period noted that in August 2013 the AFL Chief Executive Officer confirmed in written communication that the AFL Commission formally approved, subject to meeting a number of conditions, an amount of $5 million towards the capital costs of the Adelaide Oval redevelopment.

I wonder if the "number of conditions" mentioned would have anything to do with the review going on at the moment.

So technically I was right as they haven't paid anything yet :D

But I'll give it to you, they are planning to. Thanks for the heads up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back