No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably already been mentioned, but does the WADA code allow back-dating of bans or the inclusion of deals with non-standard conditions?

We hear so much about WADA coming over the top.. when are they going to rein in their own rouge operator? ASADA is surely causing some embarrassment for the WADA folks back at HQ.

Also find it kinda interesting no Tb4 with the NRL charges.

Fairfax Media has been told Sharks players were given Thymosin Beta 4 and CJC-1295 peptides during the 2011 season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...mer-trainer-20130306-2flrd.html#ixzz3AuezdYAm
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...mer-trainer-20130306-2flrd.html#ixzz3AuezdYAm

Cronulla Sharks and thymosinbeta-4 … is it doping?

Fairfax Media reported today that 14 players from the Cronulla Sharks NRL club may be suspended by the Australian Anti-Doping Agency (ASADA) for the alleged use of a substance called thymosin beta-4 (TB-4), during the 2011 season.

http://theconversation.com/cronulla-sharks-and-thymosin-beta-4-is-it-doping-12694

Fairfax on the ball.

"Before Middleton comes back" is an interesting call, and you may well be on the money.
And here comes WADA over the top when they accept!!! Surely it can't be that easy to read...Nah, I'm probably way off the mark. But, if it does happen Sydney-siders will go off tap!

Probably already been mentioned, but does the WADA code allow back-dating of bans or the inclusion of deals with non-standard conditions?

We hear so much about WADA coming over the top.. when are they going to rein in their own rouge operator? ASADA is surely causing some embarrassment for the WADA folks back at HQ.
Phhffffttt, rules, regulations and process are for amateurs

It's a 'save face' exercise which has been since the bloody start don't care if the AFL lose government funding need to cut ties with them.
It might actually alleviate us. "We got someone" might be all they need. I think we're clear. The media will drop off if ASADA get 'someone'?...and give up the chase on us. "They're clear", well along those lines.

Only if the players admit they have taken "banned substances".
Correct - The EFC situation would have been the same, where 6 month bans were offered to anyone putting up their hand and pleading guilty. This effectively is 'the admission' TBDIS wanted. It's just one election and one ASADA CEO too late.

In this case, for the better of club or comp.....it seems the poor buggers have rolled over and pulled their pants down.

From what i hear of Cronulla, they are nowhere near to being a cashed up club. If you go back and take off your shoes and socks to add up what we've just spent in the last couple of weeks, the Sharkies would be yet another defunct NRL/ARL club that no one in the administration gave two hoots about if they lived or died.

Dear AFL: I’m over your culture of manipulation
I liked this article as I think it paints a picture where AFL identities, players, coaches, have been subjected to incrimination, possibly/likely unfairly. There may come a point where 'enough is enough' and people start to kick up about unfair treatment 'for the better cause'??? There will be a breaking point. Beware Gill.
'Communist approach'??? Stand corrected if it's not. Looking that way to me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No TB4 in the Cronulla SC notices. Big positive for Essendon. Would not have been a good look for our case if used by Dank previously.

Anyone hear Rebecca Wilson on SEN this afternoon - absolute pain.
Wants justice and fairness!!!! Can't stand her!
She is up there with Wilson from Melbourne. I'll never understand why sen have her on. She used to be on the run home cos of her friendship with Francis leach. Once he left I thought they would stop having her on, but she is still on weekly. I've messaged the station more than once saying I refuse to listen to the program for the 15 minutes she is on.

Is this the future of anti doping in this country? If so, who'd be an athlete? What are they trying to accomplish? Paedophiles are offered more protection!

That's fair. The esteemed professors at HTB University have established that paedophiles are far more acceptable members of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back