No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essential Communication must have sensitive information if they are fighting the subpoena. Anyway if it proves that Essential Communication is a ' dodgy operator ' it can only be a boon for their business.

I just don't think we know the full story. At this same birthday doc Reid was there, as well as Jobe, Goddard and others still at the club.

If Evans so royally screwed us over, why would current players and staff attend the same party?
Evans' biggest mistake was believing Essendon were guilty of doping on some level without proof. From there it all snowballed. His decision to co-operate with the AFL to cover-up while improper and dishonest, was founded with good intention for the players and the club. I think the players would know that and have likely forgiven him for that part. I also think it may be likely they do not know as many things as Hird as they would not have been involved in a lot of other discussions.

I would still have good feeling for Evans if it had of stopped there and could have forgiven his mistake.

Where he has lost me is throwing Hird under the bus, stepping down and going missing while the club and Hird suffers when he of all people could grow some balls, stand up and provide a mountain of clarification and facts about this whole saga. Some people say that maybe he is protecting the club by remaining silent. I say if that is the case and the club has done something wrong, we all should know and appropriate punishment (if deserved above that already received) should be dealt.

I believe he is protecting himself, his business and his corporate mates by remaining quiet. While that is his right, it doesn't mean I have to like him or respect him for it.

Evans' biggest mistake was believing Essendon were guilty of doping on some level without proof. From there it all snowballed. His decision to co-operate with the AFL to cover-up while improper and dishonest, was founded with good intention for the players and the club. I think the players would know that and have likely forgiven him for that part. I also think it may be likely they do not know as many things as Hird as they would not have been involved in a lot of other discussions.

I would still have good feeling for Evans if it had of stopped there and could have forgiven his mistake.

Where he has lost me is throwing Hird under the bus, stepping down and going missing while the club and Hird suffers when he of all people could grow some balls, stand up and provide a mountain of clarification and facts about this whole saga. Some people say that maybe he is protecting the club by remaining silent. I say if that is the case and the club has done something wrong, we all should know and appropriate punishment (if deserved above that already received) should be dealt.

I believe he is protecting himself, his business and his corporate mates by remaining quiet. While that is his right, it doesn't mean I have to like him or respect him for it.

So much this.

Evans collapsed and needed to be put on oxgen, when he hadn't taken one single morsel of the 18 months of horrific villification directed at the Club champion he willingly threw under the bus. And never said a word in defense of ever since.

Thank goodness his health recovered in time to cavort with Andy, Gill and Eddie at his birthday. Hope the champagne tasted especially bitter given what he's still allowing Hird to go through. I suspect that's hoping too much of him however.

If there is evidence of drug taking then it needs to be dealt with. You can't punish 34 individuals because some athletes somewhere may taken drugs at sometime...

My assumption about "2-3 things" is that there is a widespread culture of supplements / injecting like this across the AFL. Any suggestion of any top 4 team being involved could not be made public. Interesting that the only clubs to be named are not top ranked teams. Cronulla, EFC, Melbourne, GC.
I can add to that paranoia if you like. If you don't know, Manly is an NRL club that employed Dank for five years whilst they enjoyed phenomenal success. This club has successfully avoided almost all scrutiny, that said, his time at Manly was prior to the ACC investigation.

Furthermore, another NRL club that won last year's premiership had six players fail in-house tests for the use of HGH in the preseason. This went under the carpet.

It does appear to the outside observer that being successful at the time accusations are bandied about is mighty handy!

Furthermore, another NRL club that won last year's premiership had six players fail in-house tests for the use of HGH in the preseason. This went under the carpet.
They turned themselves around overnight too - went from a bottom club to winning the premiership in one season.
Coach is Weapon's brother...

Could someone update me on the whole doping saga. Has anything at all been proven or is it all still a drag on and media wank fest. How long will this go on for?
I feel like will start to get to the players next pre season / season if it's still going..
Also how the afl & asada went about things illegally, possible outcomes ect.

Could someone update me on the whole doping saga. Has anything at all been proven or is it all still a drag on and media wank fest. How long will this go on for?
I feel like will start to get to the players next pre season / season if it's still going..
Also how the afl & asada went about things illegally, possible outcomes ect.
Nothing will happen until Middleton delivers his decision. We're in a holding pattern. The rest is just "noise".

It has previously been reported that on April 11 last year, the day before Essendon was due to play Fremantle, Ms Lukin called Hird in Perth and suggested he should consider stepping aside as senior coach until the crisis abated.
The advice echoed public comments by AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou on the morning of the match

This is now the most disgusting part of the whole thing for mine. If a public relations contractor tells the head coach that he needs to stand down, that public relations contractor should immediately have her employment terminated. Gutless from Evans, a guy who i backed in for a lot of last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess who again...

Why Stephen Dank is still the most important player in ASADA scandal
Roy Masters September 02, 2014

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6099079810b8sd1409662870402.jpg-300x0.jpg

"Very true" ... Stephen Dank says he will support Cronulla players.

The most reviled man in football's supplements saga has suddenly become the most significant.

Stephen Dank has been variously portrayed as a rogue scientist using players as guinea pigs in a bizarre experiment; an innovative sports scientist treating soft tissue injuries of footballers who are victims of a crowded sports calendar; and a prince of peptides, exploiting the inevitable time gap between a new product coming on the market and WADA identifying it.

To journalists generally, he gives the impression that he reads the morning's sports pages to see what we left out.

"See you in court," is his mantra, either in relation to defamation actions, or when asked to respond to the bans given Cronulla players for use of prohibited substances.

Dank has toldFairfax's Danny Weidler that it is his duty to support the Cronulla players in court where, presumably, he believes he will provide evidence that overturns the three game bans they will have already served.

http://smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag...-player-in-asada-scandal-20140902-10b8su.html

IMO, Dank lost significance a long time ago, when it became clear he's not actually going to do anything to help any players / clubs.

If he sincerely wanted to help players / clubs, he would be proactive - he wouldn't be spending all of his time sitting on the sidelines, with his only 'contribution' being tossing random quotes to the media about how he'll be helpful, at some point in the future, perhaps.

EDIT: forgot to mention his frequent threats of defamation lawsuits, which generally go nowhere.

I always give Dank the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he legitimately can't help because the only thing he could provide would be information and you would have to have rocks in your head to let ASADA, the AFL, the NRL or the media anywhere near that information right now given how twisted everything has become. Don't know what to make of him.

I always give Dank the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he legitimately can't help because the only thing he could provide would be information and you would have to have rocks in your head to let ASADA, the AFL, the NRL or the media anywhere near that information right now given how twisted everything has become. Don't know what to make of him.
If he legitimately can't help, then he should just say so.

This posturing and shaping does no one any favours. Talk is cheap.

If he legitimately can't help, then he should just say so.

This posturing and shaping does no one any favours. Talk is cheap.
While I agree with this in point, I look back on our own dealings and wonder what we would have had going for us if we pulled the trigger on a court case 18 months ago. It seems the longer we waited that more and more 'proof' was being delivered to us on a platter.

I think the same strategy could be Dank's game. The more he stays quiet, the more the EFC and ASADA have let out. Just like James Hird's scrapbook, if Dank has nothing to fear in providing banned substances, he could be a very, very rich man in chasing compensation from many people...basically from the Government down.

I do agree though, this silence is for his own benefit and not for ours or Cronulla's.

Yeah, absolutely agree 84859300.

If the cards fall the right way for Dank, he could get his retirement fund paid for quite quickly.

It's very frustrating for us, Essendon, Cronulla and the players especially, though. If he has proof they didn't use TB4, and he's still biding his time, then it draws it out unnecessarily for everyone else. And if he's in fact full of s**t and knows they did use TB4, then his silence is only prolonging things unnecessarily.

The interesting thing to ponder for mine is, I wonder if Dank keeps in any clandestine contact with figures at Essendon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back