No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rines

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
All seriousness.. it actually kind of pisses me off that the AFL are going to blame the 'saga' for the loss of attendance/brand etc.. because it means they will sit on their hands and continue to ignore the downward spiral we seem to be on.

Nothing will be fixed when they continue to ignore the real issues...

Go_Blues!

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
I can't support that.

If they deal, they're either drug cheats, or people who lack the moral fibre to stand up for themselves.

Or they are sportspeople who got conned by a person or people they had every right to trust. If they did get conned, they should cut the best deal they can, admit to inadvertent doping, make a clear distinction between inadvertent doping and cheating, serve their suspensions and get it done.

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
Great statement tonight. This is how it needs to be from now on. Hird and the club have played their hand, they're done, I really don't want to see them again (on this topic).

It's all about the players, their counsel and the AFLPA. The players need a spokesman, Little is not it. He should distance himself.

I don't really want to hear from Hird until it's all over post season and he sits down and does the mother of all interviews on the Essendon website and tells is from start to finish everything that happened and didn't happen. 10 hours worth, I don't care. We've all lived this for 2 years and should hear it.
I'd bet there will be conditions put in place where EFC won't be able to speak about it all.

cymarak

Go Gators !
Aug 7, 2009
Over it. All of it.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
49ers, Gators
What actually happens if the players don't respond to the notices it's not like they can be forced to miss games.
Whether players respond to the SCNs or not, it's completely up to ASADA as to whether they take the doping cases to the ADRVP.

If the ADRVP decides there may have been a doping violation, they enter the players on the Register of Findings, and the AFL issues infraction notices (there's the opportunity for the players to appeal the ADRVP decision before infraction notices are issued, not sure whether they'd go down that path).

Once infraction notices are issued, players are immediately suspended (a "Provisional Suspension") until the tribunal hears their cases. Unless the AFL Commission decides to allow them to keep playing that is.

MNC Bomber

Senior List
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
And the day after the Best & Fairest , night of nights....

The Age back page, with a half page story about the Brownlow next to it...campaigners

Rivals run out of patience with Essendon

Thumbnail6142394710kki8image.related.thumbnail.320x214.10kj0r.png1411378819116.jpg-90x60.jpg

Jon Pierik, Michael Gleeson and Caroline Wilson 8:30pm Essendon has lost the support of the other 17 AFL clubs over drugs investigation.
Don's family let down by club's actions
Dons players ready to deal
Close call raises questions for Hawks
Demetriou calls for end to Bomber saga
Lions hope Ryder decides by weekend

BomberManU

All Australian
May 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
All seriousness.. it actually kind of pisses me off that the AFL are going to blame the 'saga' for the loss of attendance/brand etc.. because it means they will sit on their hands and continue to ignore the downward spiral we seem to be on.

Nothing will be fixed when they continue to ignore the real issues...

As long as the TV money keeps flowing in, nothing will change.
Lets face it, they're media whores, and would be lapping up the 'saga' media coverage - good or bad.

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
And the day after the Best & Fairest , night of nights....

The Age back page, with a half page story about the Brownlow next to it...campaigners

Rivals run out of patience with Essendon

Thumbnail6142394710kki8image.related.thumbnail.320x214.10kj0r.png1411378819116.jpg-90x60.jpg

Jon Pierik, Michael Gleeson and Caroline Wilson 8:30pm Essendon has lost the support of the other 17 AFL clubs over drugs investigation.
Don's family let down by club's actions
Dons players ready to deal
Close call raises questions for Hawks
Demetriou calls for end to Bomber saga
Lions hope Ryder decides by weekend

But it is Essendon being bad for the game, right? Just wow.

Must listen. If this doesn't indicate that the players are united in fighting this, I don't know what does.

Just had a read through a few pages of the ASADA thread on Blitz.

Good grief. Talk about a cult.
While I mostly agree, there are also some very solid well reasoned posters over there too

cymarak

Go Gators !
Aug 7, 2009
Over it. All of it.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
49ers, Gators
Just read the last 30 or so pages of this thread.

Did some one actually say that other clubs are jealous of us?

Jesus ******* christ
Plenty of other clubs are jealous of our history, financial strength, membership base, facilities, etc.

None are jealous of our current predicament with the drugs saga, obviously.

So that's another keyboard I've damaged in 2 days. Yesterday it was Rumplys over the 'ankle' comment in relation to Barrett and now you

Sorry

S'okay, its a work laptop under warranty :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back