No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh great.. thanks for explaining how scapegoating works..

Also please put in links to direct quotes that show AFL has said Hird can't coach? Pretty sure that Vlad sat their at the conference last year and said that "Hird would be welcomed back if that is what EFC want".. and since then I have seen nothing to suggest the AFL is making any kind of moves to block Hird from coaching..

People need to seriously get their head around the fact that right now, like today, Hird is our senior coach.. he has returned.. he is working.. this is his team.. he will be running trade period and then pre-season.

If the board make a change.. then so be it.. but can we stop discussing something that has already been done. Hird is back. AFL have 'approved' Hird to come back by the fact that he was suspended.. not de-registered.

Don't allow the whiteanting campaign to cloud your judgement.

Silence is golden - Do you think the AFL wants Hird back in the job when he resisted overtures to stand down, leaked against the AFL in an attempt to discredit key executives - To think otherwise is naive.

Dead set the afl make it easy to put your tin foil hat on.

First they get their dream gf, now priddis gets 2 in the last round to pass fyfe.

Honestly knowing the type of people they are you wouldnt put anything past them.

Did you watch the actual game ?

I watched the game and had priddis in the top 5 players - No surprise that he got a vote.

Too much truth.. ahhh it burns.. it burns.

I'd still prefer to believe that Hird, and Hird alone, is responsible for dragging this saga out. Everytime the media tries to move on, and the public tries to move on, and the AFL try to move on and ASADA try to move on.. there he is.. carrying on about stupid things like innocence and natural justice and the 'truth'.. LOLZ! I reckon if we sack Hird this will all go away the next day..:rolleyes:

Also to those fans who have been a little emotional this week.. i'll give you the good news.. we aren't even half way yet.. don't forget we haven't even actually begun the REAL stuff... like the finding out if the players actually took a banned substance stuff..

2 years in and we are ALL still none the wiser as to whether a player was inadvertently given a banned substance, deliberately took a banned substance or didn't take a banned substance.

I would suggest to the other 17 clubs.. the AFL and the media and ASADA.. that this will take as long as ASADA wants it to take.. they are setting the pace here, not Essendon. If ASADA want to continue with a flimsy, circumstantial case.. then It will take a long time to finish.. if they want to do the right thing and clear the players.. then it will be over quite quickly. Or the media could just stop writing stories about it (you know a bit like how the NSW media has handled the NRL saga) and it would go way within a week.

9781921087110.jpg

Hahahaha Sheeeiit. Just found this book written in 2005. This is real guys, the illuminati is real.

I couldn't agree more. Club has mishandled the PR from start to current day.

Need to be running a full time blitz.. more media was needed.. not less.

The problem being that it is futile when 90% of the public don't even want to hear it.. they are just busy being angry and outraged at something they don't even know why..

I reckon the best way to go about it is to continue to be strong.. let the process work through.. continue to make finals.. continue to play well.. and ultimately be vindicated when the truth comes out.
Start putting it out with 'our journos' and keep putting it out relentlessly. What's there to lose? make the NOISE and keep making it. We've been on the end of it for far too long. LEAK away!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's crap. Hird told Dank specifically, on more than one occasion, that everything needed to be WADA/ASADA compliant. Hird wasn't the chemist, Dank was.
And what did he do to ensure that? Anything?

Newsflash: In any company, if a manager comes up with a project idea to improve efficiency and it absolutely blows up, jepoardises the health of employees and critically damages the reputation and finances of his company, he's not going to be able to turn around and say "but those guys I told to do it did bad".

Your idea. Your project. Your team. Your responsibility.

Newsflash: In any company, if a manager comes up with a project idea to improve efficiency and it absolutely blows up, jepoardises the health of employees and critically damages the reputation and finances of his company, he's not going to be able to turn around and say "but those guys I told to do it did bad".

So if the accounting manager happens to be onsite at the warehouse one day, and makes a general suggestion on how efficiency might be able to be improved, and the warehouse manager runs with the idea but it ends up with someone getting hurt because the warehouse manager didn't check that the forklift driver was following the new safety procedures, that's the fault of the accounting manager ?

So if the accounting manager happens to be onsite at the warehouse one day, and makes a general suggestion on how efficiency might be able to be improved, and the warehouse manager runs with the idea but it ends up with someone getting hurt because the warehouse manager didn't check that the forklift driver was following the new safety procedures, that's the fault of the accounting manager ?
So you're saying Hird just made a general suggestion?

And he was an AFL employee for Gold Coast! The AFL employed him to help the Gold Coast list with the rigors of AFL footy big bodies! :p
Stop it.. don't come in here with truth and facts.. or point out that Dank wasn't declared evil until after he had already been fired by the club...

you rascal!

No, Hird said he wanted a safe, legal and Dr approved program to make his playing list better.. to win more games... ie HIS JOB DESCRIPTION!!

The fact that it appears that the ADMINISTRATION ASPECT of that program appears to have fallen short.. then that is well outside Hird's role.. well outside.

If you could go back in time and interview all 18 coaches about their supplement program back in 2012.. I highly doubt if more than half of them could tell you what was happening.. at all.

We all love Reid.. but this was the club doctor... he wrote a letter.. but did he follow it up?? Or did he assume that OTHERS were doing their jobs properly??
When did Thompson call together the hierarchy of the club to stop the program? Did Hird 'overrule' this club wide attempt to stop the program?

Did the players all stop and say no? Were they strapped down and given these injections?

Sorry.. but we can admit to failures.. no worries.. but to blame one man.. is just plain Caro.

The mistake you are making here is that you use an analogy of a manager in place of Hird, and therefore you are thinking of Hird as being the person in charge. Hird is merely the Coach, he is NOT a Manager or CEO of Essendon and thus your analogy is completely wrong. Hird did not even have the power or responsibility to dismiss the likes of Dank and Robinson yet you believe he should be responsible for whatever actions they take? In fact not long ago it was reported that Hird and Reid had a meeting with Robson asking for Robinson and Dank to be dismissed from Essendon mid 2012 but this request was denied.

Hird may have had the idea, but that idea would not be able to proceed forward without the approval and direction from the Managers responsible for this area, i.e Corcoran, Hamilton and Robson.

The reason why people are holding Hird responsible in the public domain is because Hird is the FACE of Essendon.

Not a general suggestion, no - what I'm getting at is that Hird wanted a supplements program in general.

He didn't - AFAIK - design the detail of which supplements, how often, which players, etc (that was the responsibility of others).

If every company implemented a blanket 'your idea, your fault' policy that'd discourage innovation pretty quickly.

The mistake you are making here is that you use an analogy of a manager in place of Hird, and therefore you are thinking of Hird as being the person in charge. Hird is merely the Coach, he is NOT a Manager or CEO of Essendon and thus your analogy is completely wrong. Hird did not even have the power or responsibility to dismiss the likes of Dank and Robinson yet you believe he should be responsible for whatever actions they take? In fact not long ago it was reported that Hird and Reid had a meeting with Robson asking for Robinson and Dank to be dismissed from Essendon mid 2012 but this request was denied.

Hird may have had the idea, but that idea would not be able to proceed forward without the approval and direction from the Managers responsible for this area, i.e Corcoran, Hamilton and Robson.

The reason why people are holding Hird responsible in the public domain is because Hird is the FACE of Essendon.
The coach doesn't just run 3 training sessions a week, pick and side then coach on Saturday anymore. It's a huge, all encompassing role. Listen to Brendan McCartney talk about it, or watch "The Chosen Few" doco on Friday night.

Hird's accountable.

Spot On.

Last line is perfect.. absolutely perfect. Very common across all clubs.. blame the coach for 'everything'.. and this was made worse because of who Hird is.. but to be held accountable for something that wasn't even your fault.. galling.

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/EssendonFC-notice-of-charges.pdf

Actually read it. For someone who's "just the coach", he seems pretty heavily involved.

The coach doesn't just run 3 training sessions a week, pick and side then coach on Saturday anymore. It's a huge, all encompassing role. Listen to Brendan McCartney talk about it, or watch "The Chosen Few" doco on Friday night.

Hird's accountable.

So what you are saying is that the roles of the CEO, Football Manager and various other management positions are redundant based on the Head Coach being responsible for everything? So why are football clubs right across the AFL wasting MILLIONS of dollars in employing all these redundant people? We should just have a Head Coach and lots of assistants to run around looking after the details for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back