No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'd drunk 23 million Vietnamese beers then written an interim report, I'd probably have found a more convincing chain of custody for Tb4.
Vietnamese beers are remarkably easy to drink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.sen.com.au/inside-footba...-players-can-take-medicine-and-end-pain/70857

It's an interesting argument, and I have a lot of time for Ellis, but I don't think it works. If the problem is that "the stain of suspicion will not leave them", I'm not sure how voluntarily seeking suspension as a group will help that in the slightest. Every player would inevitably be tarred as an admitted drug cheat for the rest of their career.

He floated the idea on Twitter yesterday and copped a bit of stick over it, and it looks like that's continued:

It wouldn't work. Even Ralph has to write about footy on occasion.

It doesn't work because Mick like every other journalist has forgotten that it's the players who have taken action against the SC's. It's not about Essendon, Frematle, Bulldogs, Hird or Corcoran etc,etc,etc.

And Mick on purpose hasn't joined the dots together !

Melbourne being robbed when they traded pick 2 for Dom Tyson and Pick 9 despite admitting he'd never seen Tyson play is a real stand out beauty for me.

Think you need to do better seeing that many made the same call.

Last edited:
I know it was a few pages back.. but the Australian article was interesting..

So ASADA has the defence "you can't complain now about the joint investigation cause you never complained before"...

but we now find out that the club AND the players AND hird.. did complain.. loudly and in writing... over and over and over and over.. including to the AFL and head of ASADA.. and then they complained again during the interviews.. and then again after the interviews.. and then again waiting for the report.. in fact the documents show that they did nothing BUT complain about the joint nature of the investigation for ALL of last year...

The bigger question is why they didn't take it to court last year.. when it was obvious that it was being conducted illegally.. like before we got belted with the games biggest penalties..

My suspicion is still that the club was 'promised' that the punishments last year would be the end of it.. and that ASADA would not proceed further. I truly believe the show cause notices and McDipshits media show were a shock and surprise and hence this court action..

Going to LOVE watching ASADA argue to Justice Middleton that "they never complained" while Middleton is staring at over 25 legal requests for verification of the legal status of the investigation...

Absolutely the club was promised that August 2013 was the end of the matter. For some reason ASADA went rogue. Political interference is the most likely outcome. Strange that the NRL which isn't seen as left leaning has been left unscathed.

Re: why we didn't fight last year. It sounds funny, but I'm pretty sure they didn't want to drag out the process. We're adamant that nothing had been done wrong and that the investigation would be competent

Its simple - The club was promised there would be no action from ASADA - This is VERY CLEAR.

have to laugh a little Stevo.
Caught out.
  1. Mark Stevens ‏@Stevo7AFL 42m
    Really is the stealth Bomber, Hirdy. Even club officials were blindsided by his early return ...

2. Cerberus ‏@tretestecane 39m
    @Stevo7AFL No. They weren't. Tanya has been back for more than a week. Those that mattered were told.

3. Nick Loschiavo ‏@nickloschiavo1 9m
    More
    @tretestecane @Stevo7AFL Friends play tennis with Steph Hird. They've been back for over a week. Hope you got wrong info & didn't make it up
Quality journalistic research Sedat!

ya dickhead!

Its simple - The club was promised there would be no action from ASADA - This is VERY CLEAR.
Obviously the promise came from someone who didn't have the power to make it stick, and who shouldn't have made the promise (and who shouldn't have been trusted).

I know it was a few pages back.. but the Australian article was interesting..

So ASADA has the defence "you can't complain now about the joint investigation cause you never complained before"...

but we now find out that the club AND the players AND hird.. did complain.. loudly and in writing... over and over and over and over.. including to the AFL and head of ASADA.. and then they complained again during the interviews.. and then again after the interviews.. and then again waiting for the report.. in fact the documents show that they did nothing BUT complain about the joint nature of the investigation for ALL of last year...

The bigger question is why they didn't take it to court last year.. when it was obvious that it was being conducted illegally.. like before we got belted with the games biggest penalties..

My suspicion is still that the club was 'promised' that the punishments last year would be the end of it.. and that ASADA would not proceed further. I truly believe the show cause notices and McDipshits media show were a shock and surprise and hence this court action..

Going to LOVE watching ASADA argue to Justice Middleton that "they never complained" while Middleton is staring at over 25 legal requests for verification of the legal status of the investigation...

What I can't understand is why ASADA would even mount a defence like that, knowing that Essendon brought it up so many times. Are they stupid? Maybe they have no other defence, but really they are only leaving themselves open to being pummelled if they put up stuff like that.

I'm also looking forward to the day in court when ASADA have to argue why the 'interim' report A) wasn't a breach of confidentiality B) libellous C) factually incorrect D) contained less than 1% of 'provable' allegations and E) was released without passing through an ADRVP

Not to mention that a good proportion of what they presented as "evidence" in their report was selective quotation from emails and texts that was out of context and so misrepresented its true meaning and significance.

For example, the Dank/Robinson exchange in Aug 2011 about Thymosin being "the cornerstone of our program for next year" (not necessarily a verbatim quote) -

- that quote was part of a discussion between Dank and Robinson about what was and wasn't at that time included on WADA's list of banned substances for 2012. At that time, TB4 was not included on the list. And so it was quite a reasonable thing that Dank would be talking about using it (or possibly Thymomodulin) the following year. The fact that it was later added (at a time that is not clear) could well have caused Dank to have a rethink, if he was trying to stay within the rules, as the texts seem to imply he was (why would he be discussing what was on the banned list, if he planned to disregard what was banned and surreptitiously use them anyway?).

- also, neither Dank nor Robinson was employed by Essendon at that time. They were at GC. They may have been discussing a program for GC that never eventuated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back