No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdibleUntriedDairycow.gif

Should call the council and have a street sweeper sent down there.
Just one camera on the ground pointed at the front door. One campaigner sitting in a car across the road - car idling. A parking inspector basically living in the street waiting or someone to exceed an hour. If I didn't have the dog I could have picked up and ran off with the camera. Or dropped trou and obscured the view with the old fella.

Well what a big week of news.. Hird will return to coaching after the conclusion of the 2014 season.. if only we had heard about that in public television show back in March.. perhaps it would have been less stress and shock for us all...

I'm pretty comfortable that the club is finally starting to handle things a little better.. and everyone now seems clear on what is happening which is good.

And being realistic.. we are talking about 2-3 weeks at most here that Hird will be 'not' coaching the team (I mean I hope 6 weeks!).. but that should enable him to get the jump on planning and be ready to hit the ground running for trade period and draft period.

And * that Hird.. making it all about himself and always doing what is best of the club and the players.. what a selfish prick

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-25/club-statement-the-age

Little disappointed with media coverage
July 25, 2014

Essendon Football Club and the Hird family are deeply disappointed by the decision to publish a photo on the back page of The Age newspaper yesterday of one of the Hird’s young children outside his house on his way to school.

Essendon chairman Paul Little said that it was totally unacceptable to publish the image.

“A photo published of a minor without the permission of a legal guardian is completely unjustified,” Little said

"It is an unnecessary intrusion on the privacy of the Hird family and gravely affects the safety of a minor and we will not condone such conduct by the media.”

“We all expect a level of professional standards to be represented in the Australian media – the publishing of this picture is completely irresponsible in the circumstances and has no relevance to the story.”

I missed all this today somehow, what were the editors at the age thinking?

I missed all this today somehow, what were the editors at the age thinking?
Can we ban Caroline Wilson for 12 months for poor governance?

I mean Wilson did not personally take the photo or tell the editors to put it in the paper, but she is the chief football writer (head coach) for the paper.

Just like what happened to hird don't you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we ban Caroline Wilson for 12 months for poor governance?

I mean Wilson did not personally take the photo or tell the editors to put it in the paper, but she is the chief football writer (head coach) for the paper.

Just like what happened to hird don't you think?

Think we have to differentiate from Caro stating that Hird should be left alone ( as in no media presence outside the house ) and Caro continuing her campaign against Hird's return. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I really do wish one of her media colleagues would question her about 'her' paper's decision (she speaks for them, remember?) to publish photos of minors without legal consent. Let her ******* have some back, the bitch.

She represents the Age as Chief Footy journo in the same manner that Hird represents Essendon Football Club- They are both the public face of their respective organisations. So if Hird is personally liable for all and sundry that goes wrong at EFC, a drum she has banged ad ******* nauseum for 18 months, why should she not be held to the same standards?

I don't suppose anyone has an email one M Lloyd could be contact through before FC next Monday night?

I really do wish one of her media colleagues would question her about 'her' paper's decision (she speaks for them, remember?) to publish photos of minors without legal consent. Let her ******* have some back, the bitch.

She represents the Age as Chief Footy journo in the same manner that Hird represents Essendon Football Club- They are both the public face of their respective organisations. So if Hird is personally liable for all and sundry that goes wrong at EFC, a drum she has banged ad ******* nauseum for 18 months, why should she not be held to the same standards?

I don't suppose anyone has an email one M Lloyd could be contact through before FC next Monday night?
nah to be fair, it doesn't mean s**t if she's "chief football writer". She has no control over editorial decisions like that. The best you can hope for is that she's a bit sheepish about being a part of the organisation that did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back