No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, people misrepresent each other's arguments and put up the straw man quite often- it's part and parcel of debate, unfortunately, and we're probably all guilty of it at some point.
what so your saying that im guilty just like hird?

false!

Arnie?

oh, so I'm a juicer now too, am i?
Careful Kong, you might anger Doss

1853_-_forum_internet_moderator_power_weapon.jpg

Personally I'm a bit worried about that Hirdismyhero bloke.

Strikes we as cold, and dare I say it..... soulless.
It's times like this that I wish LN was still a mod, so I could card you, then he could uncard you, then card you again.

Careful Kong, you might anger Doss
Listen hombre, I wouldn't be joking about that to Kong either. The Whomb truck was once on this side of the fence too, and I hear he had quite the mean streak when provoked.

Yes, but how the club treats individuals demonstrates its values and shows what the club stands for.

Any club that is prepared to do the wrong thing by any individual in order to improve its overall position is no better than the AFL.

Didn't help others the other individuals - I suppose they don't count.

Which is what exactly? You mention the way the club is spending money in court - what's your alternative?

There is no alternative - But we don't give rewards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the only difference from March to now was that he would have no influence in the 2014 season. He was always going to come back, I'd hazard a guess that Essendon planned to use Hird as a bit-part coach (obviously not head coach), and a bit of a lift for the players in the form of a crucified hero returning....

But the Media machine had other ideas and the club chose to make him have no part in the 2014 campaign. This was always bombers gig for 2014, the club, Hird and bomber have said this numerous times. However the media made it seem like Hird was coming back for the job in R23, which forced the club to act

You are believing the media spin - Hird will play a big role in the remainder of the 2014 season - But it will be a low profile role.

New rules as of the 1st of August too by the Press Council on what journs can report (making them more accountable I believe)
So they can't go around stiring s**t, speculating and blatantly lying anymore? Or they'll find a way around that?

So they can't go around stiring s**t, speculating and blatantly lying anymore? Or they'll find a way around that?

"Understands"

"It is believed"

"Up to"

Nah - they'll find a way around it - damn skidmarks.

Its funny as Fairfax is usually pro ALP but as they are at the center of the story they have gone into full defensive mode, shifting whatever blame they can off them and onto the ALP

But I see it as a massive contradiction to our situation. Fairfax/ASADA/AFL

Prove that an illegal supplements program was the brainchild of Hird...

Hamilton and Robson were the superiors of Hird who wanted a legal supplements program

Hird was the superior of Dank who wanted an (illegal?) supplements program

So your argument about the innocence of Hamilton and Robson can be used to justify the innocence of Hird

Hird and Corcoran were the architects of the supplement program - To say otherwise is plain silly.

Yes and good leaking would see us throw a bone to all media outlets. Let Chip have some, Holmes have some, pick someone from Fairfax (Conolly and Quayle are too obvious considering they're Essendon supporters who aren't normally involved in muck raking), someone from SBS and feed Hardie snippets to write something in the Conversation.

It means that no organisation "picks a side" against us. Caro's rubbish would look worse for her if Perik or Nail where writing stuff on the same page that looked a lot better for us. When it's paper vs paper both sides go a little further to prove their point and as a result Caro has been writing things where facts are drowned in mayo so that she can stick it to News Ltd as much as her hatred of Hird and the club post Beverly Knights. If it was a fight with someone in her office their boss would be expecting a more conciliatory tone.

Hardie - What - The guy who accepts pledges for his proposed book from a rabble rouser from the HTB - Give me a break.

"Understands"

"It is believed"

"Up to"

Nah - they'll find a way around it - damn skidmarks.

Damn it, still enough to put pressure on the club.
I'm getting pissed off every time I look at the Essendon app and seeing "Club Statement: Fairfax meadia ****ed up again today..."

New rules as of the 1st of August too by the Press Council on what journs can report (making them more accountable I believe)

we had a discussion about these proposals at uni last year in a journalism unit, and my tutor who used to be a producer at the ABC and BBC termed them as 'guidelines without consequences' which i thought summed it up pretty well

Hardie - What - The guy who accepts pledges for his proposed book from a rabble rouser from the HTB - Give me a break.

I don't see why this matters. Rawry will be just one of a few hundred offering pledges, I don't think hardie would worry too much if he even knows who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back