No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why ASADA has to wait to finialise what happens with Dank before anything happens with players? I would have thought the cases would be independant.
I'm thinking they think they can't get the players without Dank having evidence of the players wrongdoing. If that makes sense.

Despite the changes to the ADRVP and possible delays in hearing cases, Federal Sports Minister Peter Dutton still expects the Downes report on ASADA’s Essendon investigation to be completed by the end of the month — in just eight business days’ time.

But the contents of the report by retired Federal Court judge Garry Downes — and all of ASADA’s findings — will be kept secret until “all matters associated with the investigation are finalised”, which could take years if any party pursues an appeal through the courts.

“It is expected Mr Downes’ report will be provided to ASADA by the end of the month,” a spokesman for Dutton’s office said. “The report will be subject to legal privilege and will remain confidential.”

Does anyone need any more proof that the provision of the 'interim' report was therefore illegal??? I mean seriously.. the FINAL report can't be produced untill all matters are final.. but an incomplete hodge podge of allegations and unproven statements can be released???

******* joke.

I assume that the Dank case will take months to be resolved, with the likelihood of it going to court. So if ASADA sits on the AFL/NRL cases nothing will happen this year.

I am still sceptical that ASADA has enough proof to blacklist Dank.

Same Yaco.. will be very very surprised if any sanction against Dank holds up in Court... very surprised.

I imagine there is going to be some very red faces at ASADA if it is forced to go to court..

Seriously loving the fact that I can now think about football without this thing even entering my mind.

In fact, the only time I ever think about it is when I see this thread.

This thing is just about done. Only thing stopping a formal finish is ASADA trying to save face and coming up with countless reasons to delay meeting Dank (they know they've ****ed up). Players aren't worried, coaches aren't worried, VladFL aren't worried. Only people who still are invested in this are the HTB and Carlton fans.

Only bad thing in footy right now is watching abhorrent s**t from two poor teams like last night :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the positive is that on the off chance that anything does ever happen, it'll get turfed so fast in an actual court it'll make everyone's head spin

the positive is that on the off chance that anything does ever happen, it'll get turfed so fast in an actual court it'll make everyone's head spin
But won't WADA come over the top?

Polling suggests that over 70% of the general public now believe there will be no infractions against EFC players. It also suggests that less than 40% of people have a 'medium to high' level of interest in the scandal, down from a peak of around 84% last year.

It is dead and buried. There will be no further action against players. Expect a small spike in articles/interest IF the ADRVP have a hearing with Dank.. but it will be small. Expect a small spike in interest around late August when Hird returns IF Caro decides not to follow the AFL line and keeps up her vendetta.

Stick a fork in it. This chapter is over.

I don't buy those sort of polls. Just like I was angered at Essendon getting punished because so many in the community thought they should I don't think we should be getting off just because people are losing interest.

I don't think we are getting off just because people are losing interest. It just means that our club can start to heal and hopefully the players can just focus on footy.

the truth is the story on it's own isn't interesting enough to warrant being front of mind, it hasn't been for more than 6 months.

It needed embellishment, bullshit and hyperbole to keep it going most of the time, and once it stopped getting it for whatever reason, it started to go away.

Unsurprisingly, Hawthorn and Carlton supporters seem to be holding on hardest

Hmmm Vlad goes quiet and the issue goes quiet.. interesting isn't it...

And rumours are that when the issue 'blew up' with Hird after the Tania interview.. there was some discussions between EFC and AFL.. and part of the 'deal' hammered out was that Vlad would stop making commentary and the AFL would encourage certain media outlets to contain the story. Essentially if EFC muzzle Hird, then everything stops. Seems to be exactly what has occurred in the last month.. so make of it what you will.

To be honest.. people were interested for the same reason they slow down passing an accident.. but nothing happened and now they couldn't give two figs..

Hmmm Vlad goes quiet and the issue goes quiet.. interesting isn't it...

And rumours are that when the issue 'blew up' with Hird after the Tania interview.. there was some discussions between EFC and AFL.. and part of the 'deal' hammered out was that Vlad would stop making commentary and the AFL would encourage certain media outlets to contain the story. Essentially if EFC muzzle Hird, then everything stops. Seems to be exactly what has occurred in the last month.. so make of it what you will.

To be honest.. people were interested for the same reason they slow down passing an accident.. but nothing happened and now they couldn't give two figs..
Vlad did unsurmountable damage to the AFL brand, and himself last year. The more rational consumers didn't buy into the deliberate "cheating" angle, they were more or less just shocked at the scale of the program. That even simmered down after it was proven that eleven other clubs had similar, poorly governed programs.

I remain sorely pissed at the lack of hard evidence used to punish the EFC and its servants. This may be the catalyst for a higher degree of accountability at AFL house, and open, transparent hearings. Not holding my breath though.

The lengthy process from self reporting, to an ultimate conclusion will be deemed farcical, and heads will surely roll. The retired judge is supposed to report back to ASADA in the next eight days - yet bureaucratic delays mean no concrete resolution of his findings will be processed for months. How the club is able to keep focus, will mean another challenging season.

Here's hoping for no more delays beyond this most recent one, proven innocence and vindication.

Fletch might still be going?
Can someone explain for me what the role of the federal court judge actually is, and how it relates to the ADRVP? Is his job to assess whether there is enough evidence to issue show cause notices? If so, why would a lack of ADRVP members slow that process?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ng-investigation/story-fni5f6kv-1226891550713

A Federal Government decision is likely to delay the ASADA doping investigation

CRUCIAL anti-doping judgments in the Essendon investigation are likely to be held up by about three months after a blanket Federal Government decision not to renew the tenure of minister-appointed board or committee members.

Four members of the Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel (ADRVP) were told of the decision ending their time on the panel on April 2, just days before they expected to hear the case of former Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank.

Dank’s case — and any others resulting from the 14-month investigation into the AFL and NRL — cannot progress until the ADRVP makes its determination.

The government decision more than halved the panel of seven, which has since been bolstered by the appointment of three new members — former Australian Institute of Sport director Dr Paul Fricker, ex-NSW policeman Paul Carey and former attorney-general’s department official Stuart Thorn.

The Herald Sun understands the ADRVP had completed extensive background work on the AFL-NRL investigation and was given briefings as new information came to hand.

errr....
tumblr_inline_ms51kjNTqx1qz4rgp.gif

Fletcher's son, who will play for the red and black until the year 2057 after about 650 games, will retire before this ******* joke of an organisation will get its collective s**t together. Dank will be in cryo somewhere probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back