No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys been a while since I posted so bear with me I've missed a bit here.
Can anyone give me answers to a few of these questions:

1. When will Hird tell his side of the story? Remember for at least 12-18 months initially we were hearing "when I tell my side of the story its going to look very good for efc etc).
Maybe never, maybe when he walks away from the game. Seems unlikely we will get it in the forseeable future given the toes he'd love to tread on telling it.
2. If the club had believed all along that they had not done anything wrong, then why did we self report to ASADA?For example, Its not like you'd ring the cops and say 'well I don't think I broke the speed limit today but just checking'….
Andrew Demetriou's friendship and the society that goes with meant more to David Evans than the club.
3. Gil says in the AFL statement that he believes there will be questions that are never answered about this saga. Why? He then goes on to talk about transparency…
Because he is a duplicitous bastard who is perhaps the most conniving player in all of this. * him.
4. Surely if the players are not guilty, they are entitled to MASSIVE compensation?
The difficulty in deciding what it is to be compensated makes this a very difficult if not impossible proposition. You can't give them finals, you can't give them back 2 years of their life.
5. Why the hell did it take nearly 800 days to reach a verdict, that may still be appealed!?!?! Ahmad Saad had his case seen, served his two year suspension in the same time it took to reach our verdict.
Because ASADA were pushing for a deal, not the AFL in as much as has been reported. ASADA. Never had a case that would reach the guilty verdict, and in the end it seems they didn't even try. (see Bruce Francis' comments on proving player A got injection A)
thanks in advance
Quick crack at it in bold, shallow answers to attempt brevity.

That's pretty good. But that quote sounds stupid, but I understand what he means (the things the made up mother said, he believed were true). The Rebecca Wilson one is dumber the more you think about it. ASADA fully presented their case built from 700+ days off open investigation, but she thinks that if the judges just read Caroline Wilson's articles then they would have found the players guilty.

Staggeringly stupid.
Probably because Caro's articles are FILLED WITH LIES!!

Hey guys been a while since I posted so bear with me I've missed a bit here.
Can anyone give me answers to a few of these questions:

1. When will Hird tell his side of the story? Remember for at least 12-18 months initially we were hearing "when I tell my side of the story its going to look very good for efc etc).
Not until at least the end of the season. He wants to focus all his energies into coaching which is as it should be.

2. If the club had believed all along that they had not done anything wrong, then why did we self report to ASADA?For example, Its not like you'd ring the cops and say 'well I don't think I broke the speed limit today but just checking'….
Because we were told they had proof and David Evans believed them.

3. Gil says in the AFL statement that he believes there will be questions that are never answered about this saga. Why? He then goes on to talk about transparency…
Because we shredded all the evidence apparently. :rolleyes:

4. Surely if the players are not guilty, they are entitled to MASSIVE compensation?
They weren't found "not guilty". The tribunal couldn't establish to a level of comfortable satisfaction that they had been administered TB4. It amounts to the same thing essentially though. Whether they are entitled to compensation and from whom remains to be seen. It's certainly a possibility.

5. Why the hell did it take nearly 800 days to reach a verdict, that may still be appealed!?!?! Ahmad Saad had his case seen, served his two year suspension in the same time it took to reach our verdict.
Saad tested positive for a banned substance. It took ours that long for a number of reasons but I can't be bothered going into them all so let's just say a lack of hard evidence.

thanks in advance

No problems.

getting a lot of waffle from Caro, Prof. Lane and co about how Detective McDogshit's comment's today means we're knackered on appeal, but all he said was it was reprehensible and disgusting.

We can be as reprehensible and disgusting as we please, still means not guilty

Would Hird and Evans be on taking terms? Surely it wasn't the decision of Evans alone to report? Surely goes to board decision?
Who knows. From what is said I doubt it. Though Evans had a party and some Essendon listed players attended. I believe he may have even been to club function.

But for those who do not know the person and only know what he did to the club....

Evans had a choice, back Essendon or Vlad. He chose Vlad and ran.

He is not a friend of Essendon supporters
Look, I've been critical of Evans and many people, but I think something we all probably have to acknowledge is how difficult this situation must've been to through. Obviously everyone thinks of the players first and foremost -- as they should -- but remember, very few of the decisions Evans and the board were forced to make were easy, certainly at the time of each decision.
The board and Evans all made a number of poor decisions, though we can't necessarily say that others would have acted better, or differently had they been in their shoes.

What's worth remembering is, this thing has gone for over two years, we've been slammed by everything that even claims to be a publication, and yet we still have:
- only a couple of players who have left the club since the investigation started
- had a number of players re-sign
- attracted new players to the club
- unbelievably, 60,000 members last year and 50,000 members as of the 31st (expect that to rise now that the verdict's in)
- our major sponsors

Not many clubs could have sustained even one of those things, let alone all of them over such a lengthy, and concentrated period of scrutiny. I'm unhappy with a lot of things that have been done, largely by the board, but it's easy to imagine they could have done much, much worse.

getting a lot of waffle from Caro, Prof. Lane and co about how Detective McDogshit's comment's today means we're knackered on appeal, but all he said was it was reprehensible and disgusting.

I'm interested to know how an 'injection regime' is such a problem by the way. Surely injections aren't the problem -- see Hawthorn, for instance -- it's what you inject people with that could be the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just tell him to watch this.

you know, watching that again still makes me fume!

they blacked out the info on AOD on the interim report? what utter bullsheeet!!!!!

and STILL Jobe cops shite for admitting to AOD

Look, I've been critical of Evans and many people, but I think something we all probably have to acknowledge is how difficult this situation must've been to through. Obviously everyone thinks of the players first and foremost -- as they should -- but remember, very few of the decisions Evans and the board were forced to make were easy, certainly at the time of each decision.
The board and Evans all made a number of poor decisions, though we can't necessarily say that others would have acted better, or differently had they been in their shoes.

What's worth remembering is, this thing has gone for over two years, we've been slammed by everything that even claims to be a publication, and yet we still have:
- only a couple of players who have left the club since the investigation started
- had a number of players re-sign
- attracted new players to the club
- unbelievably, 60,000 members last year and 50,000 members as of the 31st (expect that to rise now that the verdict's in)
- our major sponsors

Not many clubs could have sustained even one of those things, let alone all of them over such a lengthy, and concentrated period of scrutiny. I'm unhappy with a lot of things that have been done, largely by the board, but it's easy to imagine they could have done much, much worse.
No one questions Evans tried to do what he thought was the right thing, but when push came to shove he chose his side and it was not Hirdys or Doc Reids.

Just sitting back, grinning to myself about how much of a membership influx we'll have 9 months down the track from this evening...
57 today alone last I looked. Im from adelaide and will be lucky to fly over and see any more than one game have flights over for anzac day but damn tickets went before i could grab them. However I'll happily sign up as a member tomorrow. They deserve the support!

at 2:00 today I was launching the boat, whilst confident of a not guilty verdict, PPB was the ideal place to hear some bad news. once I heard the verdict I was spewing I couldn't sit on the HTB and proudly receive my carding :)

today is one of the best and proudest days I've had being a BOMBERS supporter. the way the club and more importantly jobe and hirdy handled today was beyond my expectations.

I've just read every post from 2:00 pm onwards and to say almost everyone who has contributed to this board are ******* champions is beyond an understatement!

up the DONS, * the foamers, * Caro and * Adam Goodes!

this is going to be a good bloody year, and we all deserve it!

Evans cops a lot of unfair heat in my opinion.

He thought he was doing what he thought best for the club and for that I understand some motives. It's just a shame his supposed close friend in Vlad put him in such a difficult place, in the end he chose business over the club and that is more than ok as he has a family he needs to support.

He didn't start the program, he had no say in the program and he did a lot of good for the club when he was in charge. I hope the Evans name doesn't fall away from the club due to some bad blood between selected people.

Evans cops a lot of unfair heat in my opinion.

He thought he was doing what he thought best for the club and for that I understand some motives. It's just a shame his supposed close friend in Vlad put him in such a difficult place, in the end he chose business over the club and that is more than ok as he has a family he needs to support.

He didn't start the program, he had no say in the program and he did a lot of good for the club when he was in charge. I hope the Evans name doesn't fall away from the club due to some bad blood between selected people.
You mean David "I will not fire Dank despite protestations" Evans?

Or was that David "I am interested in AOD" Evans?

Yes let us remind us all of what seemed his key point -

THE ESSENDON VERDICT: ASADA boss lashes Essendon's "utterly disgraceful" program

"What happened at Essendon in 2012 was, in my opinion, absolutely and utterly disgraceful.

"It was not a supplements program but an injection regime"
link

Why does that ring a bell...

POLITICAL FIX WAS IN FOR JAMES HIRD AND ESSENDON
ASADA documents show that when AFL investigator Abraham Haddad prepared a table projec-ting how many injections were administered at the club, he was disappointed the number was not higher. “Not really what we are looking for,’’ he told ASADA investiagtor John Nolan on July 15. “14 out of 58 persons at EFC remember injections being referred to as Amino Acids. If we add the Multi-vitamin aspect then it is a little more convincing.’’ The enhanced table was included in the interim report.
link

Been there, done that McD. Yawn.

Didn't hear anything from Lane, but I thought I heard Caro say that she thought an appeal was unlikely given ASADA's statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back