No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say enough how golden this 'grouping of reaction' is for us all to see.

If you don't have 15 minutes to put aside, I'll give you a TL;DR breakdown. Essentially, after the announcement was made, the common factor for the club boards is both that the AFL are corrupt for reaching such a decision and that any number of *supporters are leaving the game in disgust. These reactions are mainly in the first page after the handing down of the finding.

It just goes to show how many people out there were against the EFC and were straining on a guilty result. The longer the case went, the more invested they became. The NTTAWWTer valve going off in some of the posts in the minutes after the 2pm announcement are comical at best. People being so sure of a result, having it come back to bite hard shows a cross section of life in 2015. I'm sure if a bookmaker ran a market on the findings in a two horse race, that there would be many people lighter in their back pocket today... and said happy bookmaker would be spending the next 6 months sailing around the Caribbean.

The players, Hird, Thompson and Little have all fronted the media to discuss the issue. These guys have stood their ground and came through the other side. David Evans however is weak and is nowhere to be seen.
What have they discussed exactly?

All they did yesterday was say it's great to be cleared, not one issue regarding the program was spoken about.

David Evans is no longer part of Essendon, he won't be doing any media. Not sure why you want to pin the blame on the guy.

Everyone was at fault at one point or another, to lay blame on any singular person makes you look foolish.

He was on FC last night talking at Mach speed about every part of the judge's findings that was critical of essendon.

Ahh, I turned off after hearing Caro's dribble.

I'm looking forward to see Sam Newman tonight.

Was waiting at Southern Cross station for the train home and all i can hear was groups of Melbourne fans saying "Out of all teams it was us that had to lose to them should have smashed them by 10 goals"

Must say i had a little smirk on my face.
Great night with a smallish crowd (~10000?). Was sitting on level 2 and heard an essendon fan yell out "what's it like playing in front of such a big crowd?"

What have they discussed exactly?

All they did yesterday was say it's great to be cleared, not one issue regarding the program was spoken about.

David Evans is no longer part of Essendon, he won't be doing any media. Not sure why you want to pin the blame on the guy.

Everyone was at fault at one point or another, to lay blame on any singular person makes you look foolish.

I'm supporting the guys who have stood by the club. David Evans walked away from the challenge - a stronger man would be up for the challenge and try to redeem himself. This is what Hird is doing.

Club Board Rage Ranking:

1. By far the best is Carlton, you can still hear the hearts cracking as they realise they are still the biggest most disgraceful club in this competition. They are pretty much begging more to happen as the reality is too hard for them to take.

2. North, their anger came last year now they are just in a state of shock. A couple of them feel destroyed but on a whole they are glad it's over.

3. HTB, it's a collective flood of tears and anger that will power we supporters for decades to come.

4. Hawks, starts off so then the real anger kicks in. I'm pretty sure they are majority sith lords now.

5. Richmond, I don't normally like picking on those with lower IQ's and wow still to this day they still don't understand what the case was about.

6. Pies, A few angry souls, but as has been the whole way through, one of the better groups to understand what has happened.

Last edited:
I'm supporting the guys who have stood by the club. David Evans walked away from the challenge - a stronger man would be up for the challenge and try to redeem himself. This is what Hird is doing.
If you truly believe that then you are are lost cause.

Not everything comes back to Hird FFS. I guarantee the first thing that popped into your head yesterday was "yay Hird" rather than "yay players" and no matter what you spout now I'll always believe that.

It's sad that you are willing to lay blame at everyone except Hird, such blind loyalty is unhealthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The slower pace of the morning after leads me to reflect that, even though we were found not guilty, this club still stuffed up monumentally and that is not okay. How on earth we ever got in this position is something the club has hopefully learnt from, and hopefully has processes in place to ensure it never happens again. That we got in this position is not anyone's fault but the club's.

Two things in relation to this:

1. We have been punished so there is no reason to continue to harp on about it.

2. I am growing less and less convinced by the day that the governance breaches were that bad. I'll be reserving judgment until I see the Tribunal's judgment and/or Chip Le Grand's book.

If you truly believe that then you are are lost cause.

Not everything comes back to Hird FFS. I guarantee the first thing that popped into your head yesterday was "yay Hird" rather than "yay players" and no matter what you spout now I'll always believe that.

It's sad that you are willing to lay blame at everyone except Hird, such blind loyalty is unhealthy.

Ffs just enjoy it

I can't stand Rucci, who for those playing at home is chief football writer in The Advertiser, but this is the best article he's penned on the saga. For the first time he's dealing in facts with minimal bias being thrown in. I really liked the closing paragraph though, it's one of the first inclinations from a journo from one of the major publications that the thing had been orchestrated.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...tralian-football/story-fnia3nqh-1227286819181
Yeah I was waiting for a sting in the tail from Rucci. Up until now I've never seen him to be particularly critical of the AFL in this matter. He seems to disagree with Cornes on everything but they may be more closely aligned on this whole debacle than I thought.

Give it a spell. He loves this club and poured mountains of his own time and money in.

He faced an unprecedented situation and handled it best he could.

Nope. * David Evans. He was in bed with that viper Demetriou. The decisions he made in favour of Demetriou have made it impossible for the club to ever be cleared in a moral sense.

On day 1 we pleaded guilty despite not knowing what we had done.

It's a ******* disgrace and David Evan's name should be struck from the records at Essendon.

2. I am growing less and less convinced by the day that the governance breaches were that bad. I'll be reserving judgment until I see the Tribunal's judgment and/or Chip Le Grand's book.
Governance breach is a governance breach.

With the AFL talking big and having ASADA up on stage announcing the BDIS - the script was already being written. Loose reports of investigations taking place two years before, decisions based on interim reports, media froth and the likes tells me that the penalties for governance were well and truly penned before the BDIS took place. It was just a matter of when, for when it was handed down.

In the scheme of things, any organisation that wants to make an example of a situation will come down like a tonne of bricks on the first instance as a deterrent. No different here.

What you do need to look at, is what comes about with the second, third and fourth instances - for the consistency. Unfortunately, this is not the AFL's strong point, when it comes to penalties to breaches. Betting on games is a huge example of this... tribunal decisions is also a kicker here.

Evans made a big mistake and he and the club have to live with that now.

That does not mean you can just airbrush the good he did for the club prior to February 2013 out of the picture.

Evans made a big mistake and he and the club have to live with that now.

That does not mean you can just airbrush the good he did for the club prior to February 2013 out of the picture.
i8qao99t5kgg6q9asm7ommhvu0_flight-plan-buttons.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back