No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what's the issue?!! Unless the board is looking for any excuse to sack him, let him exercise his legal right given to him by the laws of our country and hope for the best.

I bet, if he wins and scn's are done away with, we'll all be praising Hird for his strength and courage to do what many others wouldn't.

Also if he loses it changes nothing for the club or players. Especially as the rest of the process will continue.

The thing is, according to a few people who claim to have some legal expertise, the appeal will take roughly a month to complete so I'm not sure why the club is so against it as it won't interfere with Hird's capacity to coach.

Yeah I'm perfectly happy for Hird to fight this and coach, for one the appeal will likely be expedited and could well be done with before the end of the year, let alone the start of next season, and for two I don't see it as a conflict of interest or a drain on his time or anything else like that that actually impacts his ability to coach the side.

I fully understand that the board don't want him there (I don't understand why, but I understand that's what they want), but I can't comprehend how this move by Hird impacts his ability to coach the team. He filed separately for this exact reason

I think it's obvious, AFL have told us to finish this as quick as possible, Hird doesn't want to, EFC and the players want it to end now, not in a month etc. I believe EFC have been looking for a way to let Hird go, this way he gets a choice whether he steps down or not. Also the fact Bomber might be heading to GC would make them want to speed up the process.

Not signing him to a contract extension would have been a good start then!

$2.8m not to coach the club? I would have done it for half of that :D

Not signing him to a contract extension would have been a good start then!

$2.8m not to coach the club? I would have done it for half of that :D

Yeah I think it's obvious the club has made a cluster **** of a mess.

I think it's obvious, AFL have told us to finish this as quick as possible, Hird doesn't want to, EFC and the players want it to end now, not in a month etc. I believe EFC have been looking for a way to let Hird go, this way he gets a choice whether he steps down or not. Also the fact Bomber might be heading to GC would make them want to speed up the process.
If the AFL have told us to finish this as quick as possible, does that mean that our players have most likely accepted the off season bans? Unless they have, there is seriously no way all this is going to blow over any time soon.

Oh and if the players have been led into believing that taking the ban is the best course of action, then the club or the decision makers are seriously ****ed in the head.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm perfectly happy for Hird to fight this and coach, for one the appeal will likely be expedited and could well be done with before the end of the year, let alone the start of next season, and for two I don't see it as a conflict of interest or a drain on his time or anything else like that that actually impacts his ability to coach the side.

I fully understand that the board don't want him there (I don't understand why, but I understand that's what they want), but I can't comprehend how this move by Hird impacts his ability to coach the team. He filed separately for this exact reason
Spot on. And if Bomber is at GC and the club lose Hird Problem. I'd prefer Hird anyway(in case you were unsure) and Harvey? Maybe a few other notable assistants...Sando...

I think that Thompson planned all of this and hired Dank and the Weapon and then got a fine and made the AFL suspend Hird for a year and then coached for a year while Hird was suspended and then played players out of position so they want to leave the club and then got Bluey sacked and then made GC offer him the job and then hold the footy club to ransom and then made Justice Middleton rule against the club and Hird and then mad the club decide not to appeal and then make Hird appeal even though the club told him not to.

How to post without logic. * me dead, some people just should not post when their emotional or stressed, they lose all reasoning. My goodness!

yes they can, because he is going to court...
I
Spot on. And if Bomber is at GC and the club lose Hird Problem. I'd prefer Hird anyway(in case you were unsure) and Harvey? Maybe a few other notable assistants...Sando...
What is Harvey up to these days? Would be quite happy for Sando or McKenna etc to be senior assistant (though we might not have enough $$ left to pay them)

I think that Thompson planned all of this and hired Dank and the Weapon and then got a fine and made the AFL suspend Hird for a year and then coached for a year while Hird was suspended and then played players out of position so they want to leave the club and then got Bluey sacked and then made GC offer him the job and then hold the footy club to ransom and then made Justice Middleton rule against the club and Hird and then mad the club decide not to appeal and then make Hird appeal even though the club told him not to.

How to post without logic. **** me dead, some people just should not post when their emotional or stressed, they lose all reasoning. My goodness!

You forgot he also made Essendon sack the Weapon so we'd have to give him a million big one's as compo

How to post without logic. **** me dead, some people just should not post when their emotional or stressed, they lose all reasoning. My goodness!
Thanks for the inside word, Sash.

;)

So Monday and Thursday will be the big days.

Trade week is taking a step into the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back