No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEN briefly interviewed Peter Jess, manager of Nathan Lovett-Murray, this morning. Jess said he expected more to follow their lead in pursuing the AFL for damages.

"I think there will be a congo line of players coming out the courtroom door," claimed Jess.

Lets hope it doesn't have to come to that, but given my still held suspicion this tribunal is nothing more than a drawn out stitch up, Jess's predication may well come true.

Today is day 2 of the 3 days of ASADA's opening address.

Just how long can a group of people listen to one person waffle on?

122.jpg

At what point do we get some sort of official summary of what's transpired, rather than having to wait for leaks ?

End of the week maybe ...

At what point do we get some sort of official summary of what's transpired, rather than having to wait for leaks ?

End of the week maybe ...

Good question. Chip Le Grand said "very little will happen for the rest of this week."

Meaning I think that ASADA will complete their 3 day opening address end of tomorrow and they will then head off for the Christmas break.

Have a listen to Chip's sound byte I posted earlier today - if you haven't already.

Good question. Chip Le Grand said "very little will happen for the rest of this week."

Meaning I think that ASADA will complete their 3 day opening address end of tomorrow and they will then head off for the Christmas break.

Have a listen to Chip's sound byte I posted earlier today - if you haven't already.

The break is good for us. It gives our lawyers the chance to forensically examine everything the ASADA lawyers have come up with and develop the counter arguments to quash it.

Would you even want them pursued? They're so utterly s**t as it is that enduring the sage we have would kill them. Crowds are already dropping, the playing list is rubbish and they've got Malthouse (who is now competing as one of the worst coaches in the league) stinking up the joint.

A very weak club.

I'm ok with them being s**t. It sort of completes the feng shui in my life, with everything where it should be.

I'm ok with them being s**t. It sort of completes the feng shui in my life, with everything where it should be.

Beating Carlton in finals is what life is all about. Going into a final being just as afraid of losing to the opposition as you are to actually winning the game is a long lost feeling.

Obviously Essendon being the bastion of all that is great in the football world ying and yang also requires the heart of evil (Carlton) to also be successful. It's no surprise that the time we were booted from finals they got the gig ... despite us limping to an embarrassing loss for them to prove that they didn't belong there a few weeks prior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Bruce:

Background: I’d imagine if you weren’t in the top four, the media and every club member would say we aren’t fast enough, strong enough or big enough. In May 2011, Evans, Robson, Hamilton, Thompson, Hird and Corcoran decided Essendon had to adopt a more scientific approach.

Robinson was employed on 25 August 2011 to replace McCormack who finished on 16 June 2011. Robinson insisted he brought Suki and Dank with him. During discussions with all of the above, Hird insisted the club had to comply with WADA / ASADA / AFL rules; no harmful substances were to be taken; and Dr Reid had to approve every substance.

Dr Reid blew his top to Hird and Hamilton on or about 14 January 2012. Hamilton reported the matter to Robson the next day.
On 21 February 2012, David Kenley, the owner of AOD-9604, did a presentation in Evan’s office boardroom. Hird and Dank were also in attendance. Kenley told Evans AOD-9604 was being used at Essendon with good results. Kenley was hoping Evans and or Essendon would invest in the development of AOD-9604. Evans subsequently declined to invest.

As Evans and Robson were presumably assured none of the substances was banned there was no point in telling the other board members about the tactics in the football department. However, invoices totalling over a $100,000 started coming in. I was told they didn’t appear in the monthly accounts so the other board members wouldn’t have known about them. I haven’t seen the accounts so I can’t verify that. But I was told by an impeccable source.

In July 2012, Dr Reid, supported by Hird and Corcoran, asked Evans and Robson to terminate Robinson. Evans and Robson refused on the grounds the club couldn’t afford the payout. The matter was discussed at the August board meeting and Evans and Robson received board support for not terminating Robinson. My understanding is the board was not told why Dr Reid, Hird and Corcoran wanted Robinson terminated.

On 7 February 2013, Robson turned up with a folder containing a stack of invoices. It was the first time the board had been made aware of it.

Why was the board not told about the supplements program when asked to sack Robinson?

My understanding is the board was told that Robinson was difficult to handle. The board was definitely not told it was over the supplements program.
The board didn't speak to Hird, Reid or Corcoran. The board was told Robinson was difficult to handle. Don't forget Evans and Robson told ASADA they didn't know anything about the supplements program until 4 February 2013

From Bruce:

Why was the board not told about the supplements program when asked to sack Robinson?

What continually makes me laugh is the fact that Bruce Francis jumps on here, has researched everything impeccably, provided a VERY detailed chronologically ordered account of events, corroborated(my assumption), through multiple sources, yet this is STILL not enough to get the foamers to question what they've been told, let alone change their minds. They've simply got 'the vibe', yet cold hard facts, from the sources themselves, are immediately met with derision and countered with nothing more than an outsiders point of view, emotion and their opinions.

Kind of exactly what we've been accused of doing all this time.

Delicious, delicious irony.

What continually makes me laugh is the fact that Bruce Francis jumps on here, has researched everything impeccably, provided a VERY detailed chronologically ordered account of events, corroborated(my assumption), through multiple sources, yet this is STILL not enough to get the foamers to question what they've been told, let alone change their minds. They've simply got 'the vibe', yet cold hard facts, from the sources themselves, are immediately met with derision and countered with nothing more than an outsiders point of view, emotion and their opinions.

Kind of exactly what we've been accused of doing all this time.

Delicious, delicious irony.

Only one woman can change their minds and her name is Caroline Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back