No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was half heartedly chewing on a stale bread roll that'd been in the freezer too long when I read that. Fair to say it almost got lodged in my windpipe as I guffawed. The look the other half just gave me was priceless.
Good god man!

Give this mod a wage Chief! He's living off stale bread rolls. It's Christmas, he could at least be nibbling on a mince tart.

Good god man!

Give this mod a wage Chief! He's living off stale bread rolls. It's Christmas, he could at least be nibbling on a mince tart.
Pre-Christmas fast, my man.

It makes me feel less guilty about stuffing myself silly in two days time. Also, going away in less than a week so we're in saving mode and basically eating the dregs that we've kept for a rainy day.

And yes, it's not raining. But shuddup.

Pre-Christmas fast, my man.

It makes me feel less guilty about stuffing myself silly in two days time. Also, going away in less than a week so we're in saving mode and basically eating the dregs that we've kept for a rainy day.

And yes, it's not raining. But shuddup.
Tbh a stale bread roll is far more appetising than those cheap gritty mince tarts...

Do you think ASADA had a deal with the NRL and some of the Cronulla player managers/lawyers as far back as the start of 2014? If ASADA had some guaranteed Cronulla heads on a plate then they may have figured it was enough justification to push on - even in the face of an uphill battle with Essendon. The whole 48 hours to accept a deal would have then been theatrics for the most part.

ASADA learnt from their initial decision to issue Show cause notices to EFC. You can't just offer a deal without little evidence and without the support of the head body the AFL. ASADA learnt from this mistake and made sure that the NRL was onside before offering deals. Could it be that the Federal Government encouraged ASADA to press charges, assuming that players would meekly accept deals.

I read somewhere the decision of the tribunal was likely to take about 3 weeks. On that basis I think we are looking at end of Feb earliest. But if people like Richard Ings are correct - regardless of the outcome of the tribunal - there will be an appeal. So who knows how long this saga will drag on for?

One of the few upsides if this thing just keeps dragging on indefinitely is Fletch could get the extra 7 games he requires to reach his 400 without possible impediment. Perhaps he'll even be retired ;)

I can't see ASADA appealing to CAS if they lose the case. Besides entering an arena where there is more emphasis on the strength of evidence, it may also expose skeletons in the closet.

ASADA learnt from their initial decision to issue Show cause notices to EFC. You can't just offer a deal without little evidence and without the support of the head body the AFL. ASADA learnt from this mistake and made sure that the NRL was onside before offering deals. Could it be that the Federal Government encouraged ASADA to press charges, assuming that players would meekly accept deals.

Im guessing they thought if it worked on cronulla it might work on Essendon.

ASADA obviously didnt realise they Essendon had a s**t load of money and a wont be bullied by any mother*er attitude.

I can't see ASADA appealing to CAS if they lose the case. Besides entering an arena where there is more emphasis on the strength of evidence, it may also expose skeletons in the closet.

CAS has a higher burden of proof than a tribunal....

SO if ASADA lose this case based on lack of evidence it would be a waste of time for them to even think about going to CAS.

Pretty much everyone in the know has accepted this will be appealed no matter the result.

Pretty much everyone in the know has accepted this will be appealed no matter the result.

Good luck to ASADA if they lose.

If they dont have evidence to win at a tribunal they certainly wont at the CAS.

Good luck to ASADA if they lose.

If they dont have evidence to win at a tribunal they certainly wont at the CAS.
I agree.

But Ings etc know this as well and are still saying they will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CAS has a higher burden of proof than a tribunal....

SO if ASADA lose this case based on lack of evidence it would be a waste of time for them to even think about going to CAS.
They need to appeal so they can say they've exhausted all avenues. The AFL and EFC probably want an appeal too, just so it gets well and truly put to be with no chance of it coming back to haunt anyone.

he'd want that since he'd remain relevant for another few months

i look forward to the day when Ings Twitter feed isn't quoted on this board

There are so few sources of information relative to this saga now I think it is important we take on board what Ings has to say - whether we choose to agree with his opinion or not.

They need to appeal so they can say they've exhausted all avenues. The AFL and EFC probably want an appeal too, just so it gets well and truly put to be with no chance of it coming back to haunt anyone.

i guess

lets hope it goes this way

There are so few sources of information relative to this saga now I think it is important we take on board what Ings has to say - whether we choose to agree with his opinion or not.

ings has been highly critical of ASADA the whole time

i have listened and agreed with everything he has had to sya from the get go!

My gut feel is exactly this. Having said that, if ASADA just don't have the evidence (as is the general consensus on this board) and the players get off, they might appeal but have the appeal rejected. I'm not sure how CAS works, but if it's anything like courts in Aus/US then they routinely deny appeals due to the weakness of the appeal.

ings has been highly critical of ASADA the whole time

i have listened and agreed with everything he has had to sya from the get go!

I have too. But I notice Ings is now taking pretty much an each way bet on the verdict. Having not long ago thought ASADA's case was perhaps so weak it was unlikely to even proceed.

Model litigant turns vexatious would be my perspective if that happens.

Model litigant turns vexatious would be my perspective if that happens.
A little, but at least it removes some of the 'what if' factor in the fallout among the foamers. I (and I think the club too) would like the finality of a failed appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back