No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assumimg the players will get off (which I'm still very confident they will), there will be numerous questions asked of various people within the media and AFL. The back peddling and excuses will be aplenty. But to me the following people have been the real villains during this farcical situation - making horrendous statements, either without real substance to back them up, or to push their respective agendas. In order I believe these people are truly villains of EFC and many should NEVER be welcomed at our club ever again!

1. Andrew Demetriou
2. Caroline Wilson
3. Gillan mclaughlinhe
3. Patrick Smith
4. Damian Barrett
5. Greg Denham
6. Craig Hutchinson

While it might be a little hard to put the "not Welcome sign" up to Gill, he still has a lot of questions to answer dating back to the events around Feb 2013.

I have also ignored the dopes at Farcical ASADA (FASADA), as they are running their own separate agenda nothing to do with AFL.

The only heat that the above mentioned people could get is a campaign from the north. History has proven the sports media here in Melbourne are just a little tribal and are not really concerned about the truth. "Agenda's" are more their thing.

Im not sure if those fine upstanding reporters from NSW and Queensland care enough, but there is a real opportunity to sink the boots into one of the biggest and most influential oganisations in this country over the next few months. They shouldnt give a toss about their AFL accreditation, and its a real chance to demonstrate a few short comings and maybe a cover up or two and who knows what else. Maybe even paint the NRL in a much better light.

They shouldn't delay I would think, the flood of books that will appear (with various interpretations) will start soon enough.

1M51lTp.gif

If we get off on Tuesday I'd like to think that Hird gif will appear in each and every HTB thread.

Reasons for Dons verdict to be in-house
The AFL's doping tribunal will not release to the public the reasons for its judgment in the Essendon case when it hands down a verdict on Tuesday afternoon.

While legal representatives for players, ASADA and the AFL will receive written reasons for the decisions on Tuesday, the rules governing appeals mean that tribunal chairman David Jones will only announce guilty or not guilty verdicts for the 34 current and former Essendon players.

The players and ASADA have 21 days in which to appeal and, under the doping rules that whichthe tribunal must follow, the reasons for a judgment cannot be released while there is the possibility of an appeal – unless the players themselves agree to make Jones' judgement public. The World Anti–Doping Agency can also appeal.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/reasons-for-dons-verdict-to-be-inhouse-20150328-1m9xfp.html

We are going to know the verdict, we have a game 3 days later.

I think we may find out some things from Hals case.
Has made demands for copies of all documentation and correspondence regarding tb4 and AOD. His lawyers also want a copy of James Hirds inteview with ASADA.

Apparantly he asked the club and AFL for documents relating to the program and hasn't been provided with a response since October 7th.

It would have to be ASADA who gives permission for Hird's interview to be released - especially seeing that the case is still ongoing - I still maintain that hunter may be asking for information not available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the inclusion of Suns and Giants has made it less interesting to me. Way too many teams, too many meh games. Giants would have to be the most uninteresting team in sports.

For me I love american sports and have for some time, to the point that the NFL holds more interest than the rest of the AFL. Nothing better than Bombers games though. But will always have some interest in non-Bomber games.

I had my first practice game for UTS Bats in Sydney yesterday. The seconds played against St. George. Local footy is awesome to watch despite the lack of skill sometimes.

Also I had to tag Nic Fosdike at one stage. That was a nightmare.

not necessarily. COnsider a result where only a handful of players end up with a ban. The club could easily cover these non-selections with excuses of form and fitness

The Jack Trengove conspiracy made me laugh.

I had to play on Stewie Lowe about a decade ago. Was both awesome and incredibly demoralising

I'd rather play on Fos

I think the inclusion of Suns and Giants has made it less interesting to me. Way too many teams, too many meh games. Giants would have to be the most uninteresting team in sports.

For me I love american sports and have for some time, to the point that the NFL holds more interest than the rest of the AFL. Nothing better than Bombers games though. But will always have some interest in non-Bomber games.
This is it for me. The two plastic teams have just added another layer of shitness on top of ASAGA. A few years of walkover games followed by more than a few of the rest of us being out of it.

I also think the way that Weagles were publicly flogged for drugs when it was clearly a league wide issue, followed by Melbourne for the tanking then us for supplements really got my back up to the competition in the first place.

Oh and what pisses me off the most about the new clubs is how they totally ruined the sense of an equalisation.

If the drafts had not been compromised for a few years Carlton, Richmond, North and Essendon would have gone so far past Hawthorn and Geelong that they wouldn't be able to continually top up and would have dropped well down to do a complete overhaul of the list.

The only teams that have dropped from up there did so because they either cut half a premiership side in their prime after sacking their premiership coach or they had a bunch of spuds playing a very defensive game plan around a few superstars.

Geelong and Hawthorn are seen as power clubs now because of recent onfield success combined with pet memberships to Hawthorn and Costa doing a brilliant job with Kardinia. However, watch them slip down the pecking order to the ordinary clubs they are once they dry up for success. Compare that to Collingwood having close to 70k members despite 2 flags in nearly 60 years, Essendon through a decade of mediocrity followed by this saga and Richmond being a joke for decades.

Carlton still gets big crowds to big games, but membership is softer because, let's face they are fair weather supporters used to a club that never ran like an actual footy club but would just parachute star players in there with the funding of their corporate and criminal supporters. * Carlton .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back