No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real genius of Sir James was in getting the weapon and Dank to forge a partnership back in the Geelong days, then for McCartney and Thompson to come to Essendon and reccomend them. All the while Sir James the twisted maniac flies under the radar and nobody suspects a thing. What a campaigner.
Yet the twisted maniac is the last man standing/remaining, there is the true genius.

Essendon was perfect for them, BIG club,massively loyal supporter base,cashed up, ticked every box. Which other vic club could take what they dished up to us ? Coll,yes,Haw,yes, after that I'm struggling to think of another club who they could've smashed. 14 clubs were doing supplement courses,all would've been injecting,all of them. Step up Essendon, we're making an example of you.
Hawthorn wouldn't. Fickle as nickel supporter base and there are only so many pokie dollars you can re-direct from community projects into the football dept before people catch on. Pathetic excuse for a "club" was almost out of existence on the back of a few bad years not that long ago.

Robson was brilliant for Essendon, it still pisses off hawthorn at how we pinched him, obviously they have had the last laugh on that one. Evans was also very good for Essendon , unfortunately both of them did not have the balls to stand up to golden boy, they both had stars in their eyes. Melb.Vic could not believe Robson fell in their lap,happy days for them. Very good operator. Unfortunately not that good that he couldn't stand up to Hird.

So they were good but couldn't stand up to Hird. Seriously, that's laughable. This is not the school playground. They are grown men with distinguished careers.

To even suggest that something like this is remotely possibly is beyond me. I'm flabbergasted.

Other clubs presidents talked about how Essendon hijacked the game and how we were answerable to our members and are wasting money etc....

The GCS are run, managed and Funded by the AFL to the tune of 100+Mill and let how they are wasting the games money and bringing the game into disrepute!

How is Travis Auld promoted to the AFL Exec after his on and off field management of the GCS?

Why did we get smacked so hard... yet the AFL gave the GCS a clean bill of health so quickly,

Why was wrong for us to recruit Robinson and Dank... yet perfectly ok for Manly, Cronulla, Geelong, GCS and now KPMG.

This is stinking more and more and hopefully this GCS clusterfark will finally put pressure on the AFL for their recent management of our game.

So they were good but couldn't stand up to Hird. Seriously, that's laughable. This is not the school playground. They are grown men with distinguished careers.

To even suggest that something like this is remotely possibly is beyond me. I'm flabbergasted.
This is news to you ? You've never heard of board members, blokes in charge having their heads turned by a club champion ? You've gotta get out more kelvin, flabbergasted indeed. Whatever you want Jimmy.

Essendon was perfect for them, BIG club,massively loyal supporter base,cashed up, ticked every box. Which other vic club could take what they dished up to us ? Coll,yes,Haw,yes, after that I'm struggling to think of another club who they could've smashed. 14 clubs were doing supplement courses,all would've been injecting,all of them. Step up Essendon, we're making an example of you.

Both won flags recently. Were definitely untouchable.

We were the best choice and we had been dodgy enough to make it easy for them.

Hawthorn wouldn't. Fickle as nickel supporter base and there are only so many pokie dollars you can re-direct from community projects into the football dept before people catch on. Pathetic excuse for a "club" was almost out of existence on the back of a few bad years not that long ago.
Fair call.

This is news to you ? You've never heard of board members, blokes in charge having their heads turned by a club champion ? You've gotta get out more kelvin, flabbergasted indeed. Whatever you want Jimmy.

Why do you blame Hird for their incompetence?

Evans - Ziggy report made public is probably the worst decision in the history of any form of governance.
Robson - Sorry, no idea what we were spending money on.

Both won flags recently. Were definitely untouchable.

We were the best choice and we had been dodgy enough to make it easy for them.
Agree silk, of all clubs doing it (the injecting) we were the dodgiest and had bloody dank on the books, who the afl,and it's clear to me, wanted rid of years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evans - Ziggy report made public is probably the worst decision in the history of any form of governance.
Not sure Hird has ever heard the word no too many times in his life. I've said they didn't have the balls to question him,their one main downfall.Fact remains they did the only practical thing once it became obvious. They walked.

Evans is and was closer to the AFL than he ever was to EFC. He definitely listened to and acted on their advice more than internal advice given from EFC.

There is a reason why at his 50th celebratation he publically thanked the AFL and the AFL exec... yet strangely forgot to mention EFC!!!!

There is a lot more to the Robinson story based on the evidence to date...

The AFL no doubt was behind the club settling with Robinson as clearly based on the evidence we know and his poor record with managing the players injuries etc... I just hope that some how the AFL is settling this bill.

How is it that this bloke... the head of the department hasnt been touched yet, while is mate has just been handed a life ban. There is clear evidence of him trafficking drugs to Bock at the GCS and supplying to Essendon Support staff. Its not illegal for support staff to take... but it is to traffick and that is what dank was charged for.

I get the feeling that ASADA cannot touch him as there is more to this via the ACC... and clearly there is evidence for ASADA to issue him with SCN on similar ground to Dank.

Why did Essendon get smashed for not doing background checks on this bloke, yet it was Ok for Geelong, GCS and now KPMG to emply him...

Robinson is absolutely up to his neck in this with Dank and to date hasnt faced the music... his day is coming fast.

Robinson was clearly given a deal by ASADA. They and the AFL gave a lot of weight to his evidence. Much more than Hird for some reason. He's also obviously not working in the fitness business again.

The real genius of Sir James was in getting the weapon and Dank to forge a partnership back in the Geelong days, then for McCartney and Thompson to come to Essendon and reccomend them. All the while Sir James the twisted maniac flies under the radar and nobody suspects a thing. What a campaigner.

I'm assuming this is sarcastic

Yet the twisted maniac is the last man standing/remaining, there is the true genius.

I'm assuming u not wanting hird to coach the club is leaving your ability to understand sarcasm at Shelton cooper levels

I'm assuming this is sarcastic

I'm assuming u not wanting hird to coach the club is leaving your ability to understand sarcasm at Shelton cooper levels
No, buddy I got his sarcasm, I thought I was being sarcastic back to him. But thanks for helping :thumbsu:

Robinson was clearly given a deal by ASADA. They and the AFL gave a lot of weight to his evidence. Much more than Hird for some reason. He's also obviously not working in the fitness business again.

There has been deals from the start. The obvious one is Essendon's head on a plate, but forget about the others.

**** Evans, the rumours are he was fully across the strategy. Maybe they're right, maybe they're not, but it explains why Hird didn't think he should be taking the rap alone. And he soft cocked it. He put the AFL first. Unforgivable.

Agree 100%.

How Evans can say he knew nothing about the supplements strategy when journalists were on EFC's tail for months before Feb 5 is staggering. The club threatened to sue journalists for months before. It also shows the Board was piss weak - Bit like the AFL Commissioners.

I see Hird as being naive and foolish, I think he after he knew their were issues should have done more, checks with Reid that e knew what ws happening.

I think Evans, Robson, Hamilton bear far more weight than the media has let them recieve.

Hird has some fairly big faults though.

Robson is the other way who has got off scott free - Robson seemed to have little understanding of the footy side of his operation. I suppose when Hird could report directly to Evans governance becomes an issue.

I have no qualms in relation to the drugs. I'm pretty close to some of the fitness industry and have a decent knowledge of what goes on. Most athletes will do anything legal to recover or better themselves. Some cross the line most don't.

Our program was not the problem. The issue was whether we allowed ourselves to do something illegal by not managing it properly. Unfortunately the narrative painted by the spin doctors is in relation to health which imo is a crock of s**t.

David Evans chose the AFL over our club. This our our president and main guy at the top. I'm farken ropable about that.

We are all barking up the wrong tree - Doubt Dank gave players any substances full stop - It was all a charade to feather the nest of a few outside the club - It's sad that ASADA can't see the forest from the trees.

We are all barking up the wrong tree - Doubt Dank gave players any substances full stop - It was all a charade to feather the nest of a few outside the club - It's sad that ASADA can't see the forest from the trees.
Who was doing it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back