No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, not correct. They can certainly introduce new evidence.

The thing is though, WADA are explicitly not an investigative body, so it's unlikely completely new evidence can be tendered.

The only reason you'd need new infraction notices etc is if there were new charges tendered. Even then I'm not completely sure as WADA can appeal a non-decision, but I think there would have to be

Doesn't look like happening though right?

no, not correct. They can certainly introduce new evidence.

The thing is though, WADA are explicitly not an investigative body, so it's unlikely completely new evidence can be tendered.

Thing is where are WADA in the USA going to find new evidence regarding this case in Australia when they aren't even actively looking for it? Their only real chance of introducing new evidence would be if they somehow managed to subpoena a couple of extremely reluctant witnesses, AND managed to make them answer questions. Fat chance I'd suggest.

Thing is where are WADA in the USA going to find new evidence regarding this case in Australia when they aren't even actively looking for it? Their only real chance of introducing new evidence would be if they somehow managed to subpoena a couple of extremely reluctant witnesses, AND managed to make them answer questions. Fat chance I'd suggest.

Wada to re arrange the evidence the they already have in thier favour :rolls eyes:

Lol pretty much.

Wada shouldnt be allowed to change the evidence a result to fit thier narrative they can only argue why it should be overturned.

Except WADA aren't trying to overturn anything, they are presenting a fresh case, albeit one that is likely built from the same evidence as ASADA presented.

Gerard Whateley's thoughts on The Straight Dope >

http://mupublishing.tumblr.com/post/122732543268/gerard-whateleys-speech-from-the-launch-of-the

tumblr_inline_nqopd6gAvm1tvp0jn_500.png

It is a great read - Chip has done a fantastic job. Our club was run like a third tier suburban outfit but with a massive multi-million dollar budget, with no one meaning to break rules but amateur hour everywhere.

Also feel for Doc Reid - he is still hurting badly about his role in all this - feels he let down the players badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in this book do we come out looking better or worse than the media has portrayed us?

5 chapters in and so far the club has come out looking every bit the joke the media portrayed us as. Heaps of staff lining up for 'Danksy juice', no accountability. Though I think individuals are coming out better off, more bumbling morons than evil masterminds.

5 chapters in and so far the club has come out looking every bit the joke the media portrayed us as. Heaps of staff lining up for 'Danksy juice', no accountability. Though I think individuals are coming out better off, more bumbling morons than evil masterminds.

The main question does it all point to going over the line?

Lol pretty much.

Wada shouldnt be allowed to change the evidence a result to fit thier narrative they can only argue why it should be overturned.

That's not how WADA operates, they very deliberately can argue a case from scratch.

So they can present something but really the date isnt significant to anything really is it? what happens next?

Well they need to present a case outline to CAS, so it has to be fairly comprehensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back