No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time difference is what caught us out somewhat aware last time around I think - with the ASADA appeal to WADA.

I hypothesise that it was in fact both the time difference factor and the dog campaigner tendencies of ASADA/WADA which contributed to us being caught unawares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

asada drug testing at local footy isn't a new thing. all leagues have to abide by the afl and asadas drug code
"Two senior players from each side were drug tested after the match in what is believed to be a first for the EDFL and an unprecedented move for community football."

"Two senior players from each side were drug tested after the match in what is believed to be a first for the EDFL and an unprecedented move for community football."

I'm sure the threat to ban for refusal to accept the test is unconstitutional as it is 'cruel and unusual punishment'. Would love someone to refuse and appeal to the high court and win, disbanding this joke of an organisation.

http://www.aflvic.com.au/policies-new/policies/
i've see testers come and single out players for testing after games
I know the anti-doping code applies to the lower leagues but I've never heard of them actually testing. It's division 1 (which is actually division 2 in the EDFL - it goes premier, Div 1 and then Div 2) so to have testers going to a seniors Div 1 game is strange and as per the article "believed to be a first".

it's probably happened before. but because dank was at the club for a function and wallis is the coach. that's why it got air time

Essendon Doutta Stars secretary Bradley Andrews said he was confident their players’ results would come back negative.

Andrews said the club supported ASADA random testing, but it had come as a surprise.

“We just happened to be the first club in what they (ASADA) have said is going to be a series of tests at local level,’’ he said.

EDFL general manager Marc Turri said the league planned to make inquiries with AFL Victoria and ASADA about the shock testing.

“Given the knowledge that it is very rare it has happened at community level, yes, we were surprised,” Turri said.

It's rare at best, unprecedented at worst.

Essendon Doutta Stars secretary Bradley Andrews said he was confident their players’ results would come back negative.

Regardless of the test results expect a protracted ASADA investigation. Followed by show cause notices being issued. A tribunal hearing. An appeal to WADA, and WADA in turn appealing to CAS. Open and shut case of doping using HTB logic.

Andrews said the club supported ASADA random testing, but it had come as a surprise.

“We just happened to be the first club in what they (ASADA) have said is going to be a series of tests at local level,’’ he said.

EDFL general manager Marc Turri said the league planned to make inquiries with AFL Victoria and ASADA about the shock testing.

“Given the knowledge that it is very rare it has happened at community level, yes, we were surprised,” Turri said.

It's rare at best, unprecedented at worst.

Regardless of whether its rare or not, wtf is a government funded organisation doing testing for performance enhancing drugs in a B grade suburban football comp? The organisation is a joke.

So what happens tomorrow morning? If WADA don't provide their evidence brief it all goes away? Can they get another 45 day extension? Why would they leave it to the last second to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back