Remove this Banner Ad

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Apparently ASADA tested all players involved in the Doutta Stars v Craigieburn match in the EDFL B grade match today..

Yep, one of ASADA's roles if I'm not mistaken is to promote health across all sports and codes. Most olympic sports are amateur (or were).

No one seems to care they drug test D grade boxers and track athletes that wont make the olympics or even state teams.

I'm not sure what the big deal is testing D grade footballers? Obviously, its a huge issue for Robbo though. He's been banging on about it all day on twitter.

Yep, one of ASADA's roles if I'm not mistaken is to promote health across all sports and codes. Most olympic sports are amateur (or were).

No one seems to care they drug test D grade boxers and track athletes that wont make the olympics or even state teams.

I'm not sure what the big deal is testing D grade footballers? Obviously, its a huge issue for Robbo though. He's been banging on about it all day on twitter.
They have to test D grade boxers or track athletes otherwise they might become A graders and win a gold medal.

Good luck to them testing local footballers but it's a tremendous waste of tax payer money unless it's a targeted test.

They have to test D grade boxers or track athletes otherwise they might become A graders and win a gold medal.

Good luck to them testing local footballers but it's a tremendous waste of tax payer money unless it's a targeted test.

Its not a waste at all. Like I said, one of asada's roles is to promote healthy sports.

In any event, they have to test D grade footballers otherwise they might become A graders and win a brownlow... Do you see how that works both ways?

Taxpayers money being put to good use I see.

Jesus you lot are unbelievable.

ASADA's role is to promote healthy sport at all levels. Its not just to deter cheating in professional sport, but to educate on the effect doping/drugs can have on your health so that common australians don't start making stupid decisions that can impact health.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus you lot are unbelievable.

ASADA's role is to promote healthy sport at all levels. Its not just to deter cheating in professional sport, but to educate on the effect doping/drugs can have on your health so that common australians don't start making stupid decisions that can impact health.
"You lot"? Don't tell me you're resorting to that tired BigFooty cliche of attacking a posters club of support?

One would think ASADA have better things to do than carry on their personal vendetta against Steven Dank. Apparently not.

"You lot"? Don't tell me you're resorting to that tired BigFooty cliche of attacking a posters club of support?

One would think ASADA have better things to do than carry on their personal vendetta against Steven Dank. Apparently not.

Let's just say its not really suprising that two essendon supporters are on this thread taking cheap shots at asada for doing its job... Dank is banned from all AFL isn't he?

But I guess its cool to just let him roam around local footy clubs preaching his shtick on sportsmans nights??

Best way to stop clubs inviting him to speak at their club nights or visit their clubs is to send some asada people to their club and target test them. Not many local clubs will want the attention. So Danks club nights will probably dwindle away.

I'm glad asada are chasing after this moron. After what he did to your club I don't want him invited or to feel welcome at any club in the country. If asada spend a couple of grand to test clubs he visits till the message gets thru to people that Dank is a cancer so be it.

Money well spent in my view.

Let's just say its not really suprising that two essendon supporters are on this thread taking cheap shots at asada for doing its job... Dank is banned from all AFL isn't he?

But I guess its cool to just let him roam around local footy clubs preaching his shtick on sportsmans nights??

Best way to stop clubs inviting him to speak at their club nights or visit their clubs is to send some asada people to their club and target test them. Not many local clubs will want the attention. So Danks club nights will probably dwindle away.

I'm glad asada are chasing after this moron. After what he did to your club I don't want him invited or to feel welcome at any club in the country. If asada spend a couple of grand to test clubs he visits till the message gets thru to people that Dank is a cancer so be it.

Money well spent in my view.
Well...no. The leagues could just issue a mandate saying he's not allowed at official club functions or on club premises. Given he's been handed a life suspension by the overseeing body, the AFL, that wouldn't be too much of a stretch at all.

Saying "if you have this guy come speak at your club and probably earn you lots of money for charging for the function then two of your players will have to give a urine sample after a game" will achieve exactly nothing.

Well...no. The leagues could just issue a mandate saying he's not allowed at official club functions or on club premises. Given he's been handed a life suspension by the overseeing body, the AFL, that wouldn't be too much of a stretch at all.

Saying "if you have this guy come speak at your club and probably earn you lots of money for charging for the function then two of your players will have to give a urine sample after a game" will achieve exactly nothing.

Oh yeah ASADA can really rely on the AFL to help them out here with a mandate... Because AFL haven't been trying to screw ASADA at every chance they get in the last 2 years haha

Hahaha seriously? You dont think there is players in local leagues taking PED's? Or even doing coke the night before a game? You reckon a club is going to choose to hire Dank over Capper for a Sports night if there's a heightened risk they'll get asada knocking on the door?

Bravo ASADA keep doing what your doing! Its sad two pies players got done. But rules is rules. Thank goodness we have ASADA is all I can say.

Oh yeah ASADA can really rely on the AFL to help them out here with a mandate... Because AFL haven't been trying to screw ASADA at every chance they get in the last 2 years haha

Hahaha seriously? You dont think there is players in local leagues taking PED's? Or even doing coke the night before a game? You reckon a club is going to choose to hire Dank over Capper for a Sports night if there's a heightened risk they'll get asada knocking on the door?

Bravo ASADA keep doing what your doing! Its sad two pies players got done. But rules is rules. Thank goodness we have ASADA is all I can say.
Yeah the scourge of PED's sweeping Craigieburn football. That's the true evil in our midst.

ASADA are a small organisation. With limited staff and funds. Using some of their people for this vendetta is a waste of those resources IMO.

And the AFL banned Dank for life. So exactly how would them "trying to screw ASADA" impact on what I said in anyway?

Wow lets hope they nail somebody!

What if there's some 17yo apprentice carpenter running around the local park on Saturday after having the wrong protein shake the other night?

Ban the little campaigner now! Sport doesn't need him and his cheating ways!

Clean sport. Thank the lord for ASADA.

I hope they dont come to my local club, reckon PED use is fairly common at alot of country and suburban football. There is a whole group of kids in my sons U18 side who are gym junkies and a few have even tried various PED's.
All we can do as parents is warn them but at then of the day they will be adults soon and do as they please. No doubt most of them have or will dabble in illicit drugs also as it just seems to be where society is at

Remove this Banner Ad

Back