ASADA warns it could appeal case if they lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appealing the actual case is not delaying it

Going outside of the structure setup to deal with these problems to argue points of law unsuccessfully could be

I dont think thats delaying it. It was still relevant to the case at hand.

My opinion of course

If Essendon/Hird beleive that ASADA acted against the law they are well within their right to go to court over it.

I dont think thats delaying it. It was still relevant to the case at hand.

My opinion of course

If Essendon/Hird beleive that ASADA acted against the law they are well within their right to go to court over it.
Sure they can. But then to whine about things taking longer is just childish.

Of course they are going to appeal. Essendon are guilty and have been trying to find everyone loophole and excuse they can possibly use (which they are allowed to do) to get out of a significant and appropriate ban.

Does seem like a scare tactic for Mcdevitt to come out and say he will appeal. No s**t sherlock.

Of course they are going to appeal. Essendon are guilty and have been trying to find everyone loophole and excuse they can possibly use (which they are allowed to do) to get out of a significant and appropriate ban.

Does seem like a scare tactic for Mcdevitt to come out and say he will appeal. No s**t sherlock.

How do you know that? Are you on the tribunal?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/asada-warns-it-could-appeal-essendon-case-20150225-13p06n.html

So Mcdevvitt accuses Hird & Essendon of delaying the case by appealing etc etc, but threatens to appeal if ASADA lose.

wtf?
You Bomber supporters are good for a laugh!
McDevitt is talking about the length of penalty, not the guilty vs innocent aspect. He is assuming a guilty verdict (like everyone is) and he is saying if the penalty is insufficient in his view then either ASADA or WADA will appeal to make sure justice is done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/asada-warns-it-could-appeal-essendon-case-20150225-13p06n.html

So Mcdevvitt accuses Hird & Essendon of delaying the case by appealing etc etc, but threatens to appeal if ASADA lose.

wtf?
The gift that keeps on giving. Since Evans has left the club, your club has not given a damn about it's sponsors, supporters, the 17 other clubs or actually anyone apart the the bloke who has ruined your club's name for the next 50 years. When James said at the start of this sorry affair that "the buck stops with me", I didn't realise how accurate that was going to be. Back on topic, it would be a case of nonfeasance / malfeasance if McDevitt didn't appeal a short sentence and the evidence disputed this.

It's interesting that Saad fessed up, went about his time out without publicity and will be generally welcomed back to AFL. Until your mob accept that they are the scourge of Australian sport and deserve the 2 years then you are going to spend a lot of time in hell.

Please please please AFL Tribunal. Give them a soft sentence so that ASADA/WADA appeal.
The gift that truly keeps on giving thanks to James and Paul.

And Essendon will appeal to CAS if they lose. Which is their right. Essendon will probably try and get some sort of injunction if they lose at the CAS as well, and will drag this sorry saga out until everyone has retired.

Essendon going to the courts did delay the issuing of the INs. They were issued, then withdrawn due to the court proceedings, and then re-issued immediately after.

You can argue the toss as to whether this was a deliberate attempt to delay the proceedings or not, but it was a delay, one way or another. If the court proceeding hadn't happened, the Tribunal would have sat earlier and this process would probably be over.

The cynic in me says that the timing of the delay was to prevent the player bans coming during the season proper. But then again, Hird still pursued it further. Perhaps he didn't get the memo or maybe he does believe he has been denied his basic rights.

And Essendon will appeal to CAS if they lose. Which is their right. Essendon will probably try and get some sort of injunction if they lose at the CAS as well, and will drag this sorry saga out until everyone has retired.

Essendon going to the courts did delay the issuing of the INs. They were issued, then withdrawn due to the court proceedings, and then re-issued immediately after.

You can argue the toss as to whether this was a deliberate attempt to delay the proceedings or not, but it was a delay, one way or another. If the court proceeding hadn't happened, the Tribunal would have sat earlier and this process would probably be over.

The cynic in me says that the timing of the delay was to prevent the player bans coming during the season proper. But then again, Hird still pursued it further. Perhaps he didn't get the memo or maybe he does believe he has been denied his basic rights.
Phooey to his believing he was denied his basic rights. He agreed a contract that paid him pretty nicely with a provision of cooperation with an investigation, like the interviewed players, and cooperated with a lawyer present, and his basic rights being violated never became an issue until it began to look that the investigation might yield sufficient evidence for INs to be issued. Then suddenly everyone's rights were violated more than a year before. If you are right that Hird has somehow talked himself into believing his rhetoric, then I think he has gone way too bonkers for a safe landing.

Perhaps he didn't get the memo or maybe he does believe he has been denied his basic rights.

I think we will find he pretty strongly believes he has been denied his basic rights.

His family history suggests it and his dogged determination as a footballer suggests he does not give up easily.

On potential appeals, he had earlier said: "There potentially would be. Depending on the findings of the tribunal there are appeal options, opportunities, open to any of the players before the tribunal, including ASADA and WADA.

McDevitt pretty much stated the obvious and this is a threat to EFC? feeling nervous much?

Phooey to his believing he was denied his basic rights. He agreed a contract that paid him pretty nicely with a provision of cooperation with an investigation, like the interviewed players, and cooperated with a lawyer present, and his basic rights being violated never became an issue until it began to look that the investigation might yield sufficient evidence for INs to be issued. Then suddenly everyone's rights were violated more than a year before. If you are right that Hird has somehow talked himself into believing his rhetoric, then I think he has gone way too bonkers for a safe landing.
For god's sake. Please don't introduce facts into the argument at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back