Ashes 2015, Third Test - England v Australia - Day 1 - Edgbaston Stadium, Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Terrible captaincy to bat first. Shithouse effort by our batsmen and now our quicks have been thrown to the wolves to try and perform a miracle.

I don't think it was terrible captaincy, unless you mean he didn't take notice of the stats about test matches at Edgbaston. Our players usually have at least one ****ing awful first innings collapse in them per away series (if not two). Shame it had to come in a real crunch test.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
I don't think it was terrible captaincy, unless you mean he didn't take notice of the stats about test matches at Edgbaston. Our players usually have at least one ****ing awful first innings collapse in them per away series (if not two). Shame it had to come in a real crunch test.

Certainly wasn't an all out 130, lose 7/50 type of pitch.

Fighting through a bit of swing for 20-25 overs is meant to be normal in england not something so terrifying you have to bowl first just to avoid it.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Do you give Siddle a go. He's not quick but a least he can take up an end, bowl line and length and build pressure?

Tough question because he is bowling too slow
But yeah you need pressure at one end so Johnson can have a go at the bats
ATM all of our bowlers are trying to take wickets and theres no pressure just the occasional awesome ball

Starcs lost the plot now as well

This is why our bowling attack is imbalanced

Hazlewood not having a great day so all of a sudden the runs are flowing
We really need another stock type bowler like Bird in the attack... Someone else who can hit the line and length

Hazlewood has too much pressure on him
Hear hear. This Johnson and Starc combo concerns me and it has from when we played in Cardiff and hasn't subsided as they have a tendency to leak like a siv when things aren't going quite right.

Harris would have helped but in his absence it puts too much onto Hazlewood's shoulders. Siddle is the only other in the squad who bowls in that dependable manner.

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Starc is obviously still struggling with the ankle he hurt in Cardiff. He's had a very disappointing series so far. If his current form continues for the rest of this Test I'd say he'd be in the firing line.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hear hear. This Johnson and Starc combo concerns me and it has from when we played in Cardiff and hasn't subsided as they have a tendency to leak like a siv when things aren't going quite right.

Harris would have helped but in his absence it puts too much onto Hazlewood's shoulders. Siddle is the only other in the squad who bowls in that dependable manner.

Yep when they get it right they can devastate an attack, but when its not there day starc especially doesnt have a plan b
He cant build pressure and allow someone else to take wickets he just starts bowling half volleys
Then Haze has to come one an try and get a wicket and he starts bowling half volleys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back