ZIPPY365

Debutant
Aug 5, 2015
Newcastle, Eng
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
NEWCASTLE UNITED, ENGLAND.
Hi chaps just joined I was pretty confident of us securing the Ashes at TB but Jimmy's injury has made this a much tighter affair in my book. What changes do you think you'll see for your boys Marsh for Voges and Siddle for Hazlewood I take it?

ZIPPY365

Debutant
Aug 5, 2015
Newcastle, Eng
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Apparently as much a case of him not getting along with others as much as his batting. Can bat IMO.

Compo didnt do much wrong but after those centuries the management thought he was a bit flaky when he sat out a days play with a rib injury. Carberry also didnt do enough to justify selection on our tour in 13/14 too many starts without going on and making a score. I was pleading for Hales to be brought in place of Lyth he's a walking wicket atm could be a waste of a call-up for this test :(

Donnie Darko

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi chaps just joined I was pretty confident of us securing the Ashes at TB but Jimmy's injury has made this a much tighter affair in my book. What changes do you think you'll see for your boys Marsh for Voges and Siddle for Hazlewood I take it?

If Footitt plays , Jimmy wont be missed. However it seems like the management is obsessed with rushing Wood back into action..

ZIPPY365

Debutant
Aug 5, 2015
Newcastle, Eng
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
If Footitt plays , Jimmy wont be missed. However it seems like the management is obsessed with rushing Wood back into action..

It'll be Wood and Plunkett though I would go with Footitt over Plunkett. Plunkett wont take a 5-for or put in a match-winning performance he's average at best.

Jimmy will be missed no matter who we bring in mate he's irreplaceable!

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj

Starc and siddle both in over a fully fit hazlewood would be hilditch era type idiocy but yeah that might be what we get.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Why would anyone actually consider dropping Hazlewood?

I mean I get that for some reason there are some morons in the Australian media who don't rate him (and wanted Harris, Starc, Johnson as the Ashes lineup) but the bloke has 38 wickets from 8 tests (7 on flat wickets) at an average of just over 20 and they want to drop him because he bowled poorly and took 4/95 in a game we lost because of the batsmen.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hazelwood will play you'd think. But these selectors picked Watson for 100 innings for 4 centuries (which I reckon Starc will get close to if he bats hundred innings !)

You guys are missing Harris so much its not funny.

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Cant believe Voges has got another gig. Last Time I looked Shaun Marsh made 69 in his last test innings. Selectors have lost the plot in this series. Really hope they are saying to Starc, prove us wrong because you are very lucky to get another go after the way you bowled in the first innings at Edgebaston.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I think the most important question regarding the 4th test is HOW SOON CAN ONE CREATE THE Ashes 2015, FOURTH Test - England v Australia - Day 1, Trent Bridge thread

i think there are some who are itching to hit the CREATE THREAD button

As long as they don't include Investec.

Why anyone would include the sponsored name when they're not going paid to include the sponsored name is something I'll never understand

Stunned that Voges is playing. I can't think of one logical reason why. Are we trying to hand the ashes back to the poms.

Have no doubt it is purely because he plays County cricket where this test is played.

Actually warming to the idea of giving the same 11 another go, no player played well, it happens.

Have no doubt it is purely because he plays County cricket where this test is played.

Actually warming to the idea of giving the same 11 another go, no player played well, it happens.
Well that makes a bit of sense.
Looking forward to sitting up to see how we respond tonight. Has to be Voges last chance.

Looking forward to sitting up to see how we respond tonight. Has to be Voges last chance.

A few blokes should be on their last chance, namely Starc, Voges and our captain. Enough excuses, perform or give someone else a go, pretty simple.

A few blokes should be on their last chance, namely Starc, Voges and our captain. Enough excuses, perform or give someone else a go, pretty simple.
Obviously will depend on what happens over the next 5 days. If we win it will make the Oval test very interesting. If we lose, we'll make some changes.

Obviously will depend on what happens over the next 5 days. If we win it will make the Oval test very interesting. If we lose, we'll make some changes.

If we win I would go defensive for the 5th test. Make England have to win. Would actually be tempted to play an extra bat at the Oval if we are 2-2. We don't have to win, they do.

They should bring Shaun in for Mitch. Our batting is just not up to having an all rounder in the side.

You do realise that we need the bowling...and please tell me how Shaun is a certainty to score more...their averages are the same!

For the record I would have shipped Voges off for S.Marsh but we need a batting all rounder if we are having two pie chuckers in Johnson and Starc who are just as likely to go 0/100 as they are to get 5/50!

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
Stunned that Voges is playing. I can't think of one logical reason why. Are we trying to hand the ashes back to the poms.
Once again Australian selectors taking too long to make a decision on whether or not to drop someone. Given how pronounced his problems have been I'm wondering where they expect the sudden turnaround in form to come from.

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
Regardless of what happens in the overall result Voges should be told up front before the test fail and you're gone forever, no point in deliberating, make it very clear that his test career is on the line because the is no turning back when you drop blokes his age.

We don't need the bowling.

So I mist have missed our brilliant bowling last test and the first test. Yes the batting was bad, but lets not pretend Starc and Johnson have bowled well! You will break Hazelwood down if we don't have a bit of relief!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back