Ashes 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are England so chirpy?? Say they're not going to stoop to Australia's level, but all they've done is insult the opposition before the match has started. Swann, Wood, Broad, Anderson all having a go shows a complete lack of class - one of the only things they have claimed to hold onto since last series' 5-0 drubbing. Very very chirpy IMO

Australians XI to play Essex: David Warner, Chris Rogers, Michael Clarke, Adam Voges, Shane Watson, Mitchell Marsh, Peter Nevill, Ryan Harris, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon.

Not much break between the Kent and Essex games and then again not much break between the Essex and First Test.

Why are England so chirpy?? Say they're not going to stoop to Australia's level, but all they've done is insult the opposition before the match has started. Swann, Wood, Broad, Anderson all having a go shows a complete lack of class - one of the only things they have claimed to hold onto since last series' 5-0 drubbing. Very very chirpy IMO

It's false bravado. Trying to act like they are a united and confident team.

The big difference with Smith is that he has tightened his technique outside offstump compared to 2 years ago. Alot of his dismissals were caught behind or in slips. Now he has learnt to leave the ball outside off and wait for the bowlers to bowl at him.

Why wouldn't they be chirpy?

They have a point in regards to Smith.

It's a big call we've made.

How is it a big call to put our best batsmen at 3?

I'd rather have Smith there than Marsh or Doolan or some other numpty who is just going to get out early anyway. Smith I'm pretty sure would much rather come in at 1-50 rather than 3-50.

Smith going to 3 hopefully allows us to not be constantly 3 down for nothing like we were in the last series. It should help the likes of Clarke, Voges to come in when the ball is older.

How is it a big call to put our best batsmen at 3?

I'd rather have Smith there than Marsh or Doolan or some other numpty who is just going to get out early anyway. Smith I'm pretty sure would much rather come in at 1-50 rather than 3-50.

Smith going to 3 hopefully allows us to not be constantly 3 down for nothing like we were in the last series. It should help the likes of Clarke, Voges to come in when the ball is older.

It's a big call because Smith has played a lot of his cricket in the middle order and does move a lot so some might suggest could be trouble by Anderson with a swinging new ball.

Just as how Clarke (for different reasons) never batted at 3 when he was our best batsman.

I know why we're doing it but it's a risk.

Sure I'll still back Smith to score runs but I see absolutely no issues with the Poms pointing it out.

Really hope Marsh (Mitch that is) canes it against Essex and forces the selectors hands.

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Voges
Marsh

I'd be pretty happy with that top 6.

Same.
Any time Watson misses out is a good thing. A real good thing.

CIpuN_KWgAAGI2x.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swann is like a slightly smarter version of Warne. You get the feeling he really wants/needs the attention. I don't mind them yakking. People do get very, very excited in the lead-up to the Ashes.

Jumped off the sinking ship didn't he..

Real dog act. Knew his time was up and rather than stick it out, finish the tour he started and (god forbid) carry the drinks for Monty as Monty had done for him many a time, he took off home.

Pops up all over the place on British TV and is a tosser. Disappointed to hear he is part of the otherwise excellent BBC crew, I have zero respect for the guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back