Ashes 2015

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd
I hope they pick Adil Rashid for the 1st test. Very average part timer.

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Beauty Mitch. He's come a long way in the last couple of years. I think we have our batting lineup.

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Voges
M. Marsh
Why would votes be ahead of Watson?

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
You forgot the 2013/14 Ashes?

And Haddin was brought back for off field reasons as well.

Lets never get back to Wade. He's not the best option in the country so why go with him?
I used him as he was deemed to be at the time, definitely was never the best gloveman, but neither is Haddin nor was Gilchrist.

Would like to see Nevill behind the stumps now, but will have to wait till after the Ashes for this.

Jan 13, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
If we had an eye on the future, Burns would have kept his place in the side or at least the squad for the Windies and England tours. The fact that he didn't tells me that they are 100% focused on the here and now i.e. winning the ashes, and that means that Voges at the very least begins the series ahead of SMarsh. Better recent record and can roll the arm over.

Really getting pumped for this series. Didn't realise it's only a week away! I personally see us winning 2/3 - 1. I don't think it's going to be a cakewalk at all for us but I look at our bowling lineup and it's too strong and deep imo.
I've had a bet on a 3-1 result. The long term forecast for England this summer is for it to be quite dry which will lead to results. Actually don't want a 5-0 series win it means interest is lost in the last two test, would make rather it be still live for a drawn series going into the final test to keep the interest up.

Jan 13, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
Its laughable how much influence they have to doctor the wickets the way they want it
Weather is a key factor, but as the home side why can't they serve up the pitches they want. Test cricket is about winning the match and the series so if that means you want turning wickets to do it then that is what they should serve up, have no problem with ECB asking for turning pitches, CA has sent out edicts on the sort of pitches they want to see in the past too.

Jan 13, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
Apparently he got a call from the CEO
It's pretty standard practice to let the touring team advise prior to the toss what they would prefer and the local team will almost certainly be accommodating to that fact. If you don't accommodate it, they get a bad reputation and it means they are unlikely to tour matches for some time.

Back