Ashes 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Only Shane Watson could survive without doing anything in the two preceding tour matches while a tour mate scores two hundreds and bowls well. Its rather infuriating.

Yep dead set annoying. He is like a bad lemon you can't get rid of...my flipping goodness!

Just the two foreigners (Zimbabwean Gary Ballance, New Zealander Ben Stokes), plus two English-born players with non-English parents (Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid, both of Pakistani background) in the 13-man English squad for the First Test. Surely this is some kind of record?

Strauss, Pietersen, Trott, Prior all played a lot together and were all born in South Africa.

That'd be the record.

Not sure if Stokes ever played with those 4 as well, in which case you'd have 5. (pretty sure he didn't)

Strauss, Pietersen, Trott, Prior all played a lot together and were all born in South Africa.

That'd be the record.

Not sure if Stokes ever played with those 4 as well, in which case you'd have 5. (pretty sure he didn't)

I meant an English record for so few foreigners. Can't recall them having so few in there in recent times.

That'd be the record.

Stokes made his debut as Trott's replacement and of course Strauss retired well before that series.

In the last test of the 2013/14 Ashes series they had
Pietersen and Trott (South Africa), Ballance (Zimbabwe), Stokes (New Zealand) and Rankin (Northern Ireland - which to be fair is the UK but he played a world cup for Ireland)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So just been looking through Foxtel for what channel its on and found out its only being played on GEM. I, like most people, don't have IQ3 or an HD tv in my bedroom, but Foxtel doesn't show GEM on standard definition.

That would be fine, if stumps wasn't at 3AM and most people didn't quite like being in bed after midnight on a work night.

Then I saw that 9 have flown their gallery of flogs over to commentate the matches, rather than proper English callers, and you have a typical FTA cluster*.

Would ANYONE sitting up at 2AM rather hear "GOT HIM GONE BEAUTIFUL CHERRY" than calm, measuered and witty English commentary.

Its the one thing English cricket does right, but flogs like Healy, Slater and Tubby are actually getting a paycheque to fly up there and spill their shite.

My hatred for them knows no bounds, and their presence actually makes this less exciting.

Guess its time to invest in a good radio for the bedroom...

So just been looking through Foxtel for what channel its on and found out its only being played on GEM. I, like most people, don't have IQ3 or an HD tv in my bedroom, but Foxtel doesn't show GEM on standard definition.

That would be fine, if stumps wasn't at 3AM and most people didn't quite like being in bed after midnight on a work night.

Then I saw that 9 have flown their gallery of flogs over to commentate the matches, rather than proper English callers, and you have a typical FTA cluster****.

Would ANYONE sitting up at 2AM rather hear "GOT HIM GONE BEAUTIFUL CHERRY" than calm, measuered and witty English commentary.

Its the one thing English cricket does right, but flogs like Healy, Slater and Tubby are actually getting a paycheque to fly up there and spill their shite.

My hatred for them knows no bounds, and their presence actually makes this less exciting.

Am genuinely disappointed that I won't get to hear David Gower's commentary at all, unless I hook into a stream of the Sky Sports coverage (no need to, as I get GEM on my telly).

Surprised at the number of people who don't have a digital or HD-capable TV or FOXTEL set-top unit too.

Then I saw that 9 have flown their gallery of flogs over to commentate the matches, rather than proper English callers, and you have a typical FTA cluster****.

Get an iPad and pay for the cricket Australia subscription

If it's an consolation, Slater was doing his radio show from Brisbane this morning so I highly doubt he'll be there to call the action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back