Ashes betting

Remove this Banner Ad

Given this is a batter's paradise, and the finest English weather probably wouldn't dry out damp tissue, I'm feeling that the English top order will have similar success. Looking at odds on a few half-centuries.

David Warner. Not even close.

Warner doesn't qualify as he has the mental aptitude of a 5yo - so he doesn't know he is a tool. Jimmy 'The Flog' Anderson has no such excuse.

1u cook to score 50 @ $2.35
1u Lythe to score 50 @ $2.65
2.5u England fall of first wicket over 28.5 @ $1.88

The pitch should still be a run fest by the time England bat. I reckon 3rd session today because the Aussies will at least want to be sporting. Surprised the 1st wicket runs is this low after the 1st innings brought 78 runs and was only ended with a silly shot choice.

Also suspect one of the openers will get a 50.

The pitch should still be a run fest by the time England bat. I reckon 3rd session today because the Aussies will at least want to be sporting. Surprised the 1st wicket runs is this low after the 1st innings brought 78 runs and was only ended with a silly shot choice.

Whos this with?

I took the draw before the match. At the moment I'm rapidly losing confidence in it. I'd take over $3 for a draw if England avoid the follow on but that's looking shaky.

If the Aussies break the $2 mark I would be all over if... They were hovering at $1.80-$1.90 for most of yesterday before the poms started folding.

I took the draw before the match. At the moment I'm rapidly losing confidence in it. I'd take over $3 for a draw if England avoid the follow on but that's looking shaky.

If the Aussies break the $2 mark I would be all over if... They were hovering at $1.80-$1.90 for most of yesterday before the poms started folding.

I still like the draw. Cook and Stokes should dig in today. Still a batting pitch.

Change to overcast conditions did not help you one bit.

Nope. Starc also managed to seam it better, and everyone else seemed to be undone by late swing. Just hope cook can minimise my losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the last test proved that without rain - the draw in modern day tests is a total mugs bet
laying the draw in about 85% of games (i.e. look at forecast and if no extended rain forecast, lay) has been massively profitable for me the last couple of years

Game just moves too fast - teams score a lot quicker and take more risk so are either bowled out quicker or declare earlier than they used to.

When was the last draw we played in with no rain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back