Ashes series 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

[***Mod edit: posts moved from the 'Summer of cricket' thread***]

So guys ashes starts tonight! Been a very low key build up for an ashes series, maybe the small gap between previous series and the world cup? Harris is a huge loss but we should still smack those soap dodgers

Last edited by a moderator:
Harris is a loss, but I'm not too worried about our bowling stocks. I think we have enough firepower to take 20 wickets. Its the batting that is a concern imo. If the ball starts swinging around, a lot of our guys might struggle. I wonder if tonight is the night when the selctors finally have the aggots to drop Watson. Surely Marsh has made his claim in the lead up games

Very interested to see our final 11. Hopefully Marsh gets picked over Watson and we can win the toss and bat for the next 2.5 days. Already been up late watching the tour de france so hopefully can stay awake to the close of play. :)

Very interested to see our final 11. Hopefully Marsh gets picked over Watson and we can win the toss and bat for the next 2.5 days. Already been up late watching the tour de france so hopefully can stay awake to the close of play. :)

Nope - The Old Fart Watson get’s 1st Crack:rolleyes: Guess they Picked there Mate instead of who is in Form

Have they named the final team? That's a joke, Watson gets gifted his spot all the time. I hope he fails, I'm sick of his mediocrity and have been for years. Marsh is playing way better.

Robert Craddock Confirmed it on Back Page last night.

Agree - Watson is Gifted his Spot as he is good mates with People in Cricket Ausralia.

As long as Watson does not cost a Game I am happy for him to get 2 Golden Ducks

Rogers in and Watson survives. Somehow. Again. Wonder how long its going to take Jimmy Anderson to smack him right in the middle of that front pad:rolleyes:

Watson has mates at High Levels in Cricket Australia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poms looking a bit shaky. Pretty fair over there from Starc. Should've had 2
Hadden! Who are the next best wicket keepers? About time we blooded some young guys.
He is good with spinners but has dropped crucial ones with the quicks.

Huge drop from Haddin, can't be under estimate how big that was. The Poms were on toast, 4/30 odd, that's it, done, not even making 200 from there, test over, and probably the series.

Now it's a fight on the hands, Root plays like an Australian, he attacks rather then defends, almost like the guy lol.

Huge drop from Haddin, can't be under estimate how big that was. The Poms were on toast, 4/30 odd, that's it, done, not even making 200 from there, test over, and probably the series.

Now it's a fight on the hands, Root plays like an Australian, he attacks rather then defends, almost like the guy lol.

And Knowing when that Happens. He is most Likely to score a big one

My biggest hope is Joe Root fails every time. I can't stand his smug little head, unfortunately he can actually bat so i might have to watch the tour de France when he's in
That went well :$

Yep. Not bad for a 13y.o either. Imagine how good he could be once his balls drop. Talked about making you pay for missed chances.

I also like they Ben Stokes goes about it. Can't believe he was out of the side for so long.

So who's it going to be? Who is going to stand up and take this series by the scuff of the neck?

Johnson didn't start well. Can he rip through then again? Or will it be the young buck Hazelwood?

Really excited to see who is going to dig deep over there. They are going to need it England won't be a push over.

Travelling well so far... 123/1 ... both Rogers and Smith looking good :D :D :D

So who's it going to be? Who is going to stand up and take this series by the scuff of the neck?

Johnson didn't start well. Can he rip through then again? Or will it be the young buck Hazelwood?

Really excited to see who is going to dig deep over there. They are going to need it England won't be a push over.
I think Starc is our biggest weapon now. Has a habit of throwing down the unplayable.

1/130 odd when I went to bed. A bit disappointing to wake and find them 5/264. No failures but apart from Rogers, no real scores either. If ever there was a time for Watson to shine, this is it. Has he ever really made big runs when we've been in a bit of strife though? This is a situation where a Mike Hussey would come out and make a great hundred and you could count on it. Watson not so much.

Dunno about the nighwatchman thing either. Not a great advocate for it at the best of times, but to come in at No7 against a 65 over old ball to protect Haddin? Spare me.

I think Starc is our biggest weapon now. Has a habit of throwing down the unplayable.

1/130 odd when I went to bed. A bit disappointing to wake and find them 5/264. No failures but apart from Rogers, no real scores either. If ever there was a time for Watson to shine, this is it. Has he ever really made big runs when we've been in a bit of strife though? This is a situation where a Mike Hussey would come out and make a great hundred and you could count on it. Watson not so much.

Dunno about the nighwatchman thing either. Not a great advocate for it at the best of times, but to come in at No7 against a 65 over old ball to protect Haddin? Spare me.
Agree with Haddin, i'm not sold on night watchmen at any time and the circumstances here clearly didn't need one.

Starc is a wicket taker but i still worry about him against top order bats with the red ball. He sprays it around too much. I think he'll be great at cleaning up tails but i worry with him and Johnson in the same side we leak too many runs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back