Competition Asia-Africa League Bidding Thread-ALL SPOTS ARE FULL!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Requested Division: not fussed
1st Bid
Continent:Asia
Team Name: Singapore Seagulls
Mascot: Big Bash Seagull
Colours: blue,light blue and yellow
Notes:
2nd Bid:
Continent: Asia
Team Name: Min Buri Pumas
Mascot: Puma lad
Colours: white, teal and black
Notes:
I reckon you'd do well in the top division. If you want to go there you'd need an African team.

1st Bid
Continent:Africa
Team Name: Cape Town Zebras
Mascot: TBA
Colours: black and white
Notes:
We're going to have a South African Rivalry on our hands! I'll probably come second.

no way, im still learning illustrator lol
You've still got illustrator though. It's a great program.
Hey man, are their guidelines and due dates to this? requirements? like uniform types required?? thanks
The uniforms needed are at the first post of this thread. Due dates aren't set yet but if you do it early, you won't have to rush near the end.
also depends what program your using?
Paint. Shorts aren't up to scratch yet though. I'll have to find some.

Requested Division: Lǎorén
1st Bid
Continent: Africa
Team Name: Nairobi
Mascot: Ranchers
Colours:Green Gold White
Notes:

ok just a heads up whether this will be acceptable:
Home- black and white (majority black)
Away -same as home except with reverse sponsors and white shorts
Clash- invert from home with a couple of changes (majority white)
Heritage- majority yellow
Once off - majority red or purple
Preseason - using heritage for all games of pre season
Yeah that's all good. Pretty smart. Funny because I'm using your team's location for Heritage, you're using my colours for heritage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is where the South African amazon derby is born haha
whats your team name and colours??
Pretoria Power, yellow and blue but for Heritage Round it's Cape Town Lions, maroon and white.

Welcome aboard the Cape town Zebras journey,
Tonight we are proud to announce our mascot and sponsors along with our manufacture

Our official Zebras Mascot:
funny-zebra-showing-his-teeth.jpg

our sponsors;
Featured-Image-Hyundai.jpg

Cape-Town-Tourism.jpg
Ladbrokes-Logo-White-Background-Red-Text-High-Res.jpg

2000px-Emirates_logo.svg.png

My current dilemma is that my preferred name is "Dar es Salaam Jurassic", but I want to do a triceratops based logo and they were from the Cretaceous period.

Spielberg got away with it but I don't think i've got it in me to be 80 million years out of date. It would be as accurate as using a human in the logo.

My current dilemma is that my preferred name is "Dar es Salaam Jurassic", but I want to do a triceratops based logo and they were from the Cretaceous period.

Spielberg got away with it but I don't think i've got it in me to be 80 million years out of date. It would be as accurate as using a human in the logo.

Well you're kinda stuffed as no dinosaur from the Jurassic even looked like a Ceratopsian let alone a Triceratops, there were ancestors but they were bipedal and small and really not conducive to a good logo.

Well you're kinda stuffed as no dinosaur from the Jurassic even looked like a Ceratopsian let alone a Triceratops, there were ancestors but they were bipedal and small and really not conducive to a good logo.

Yeah I had a trawl through wikipedia. There are a few Ceratopsian ancestors in the late Jurassic but they didn't look anything like a Triceratops.

I think i'll have to change the name. "Prehistoric" is probably next in line, but i'm still on the market.

Yeah I had a trawl through wikipedia. There are a few Ceratopsian ancestors in the late Jurassic but they didn't look anything like a Triceratops.

I think i'll have to change the name. "Prehistoric" is probably next in line, but i'm still on the market.
Try Roar.

Not fussed on the divisions (happy with any of the top two teams, third for the hell of it)

1st Bid

Team Name: Hokkaido Foxes
Colours: Red, White and Navy Blue
2nd Bid:
Team Name: Kigali Silverbacks
Colours: Black, grey, white
3rd Bid:
Team Name: Harar Hyenas
Colours: Brown Yellow

Not fussed on the divisions (happy with any of the top two teams, third for the hell of it)

1st Bid

Team Name: Hokkaido Foxes
Colours: Red, White and Navy Blue
2nd Bid:
Team Name: Kigali Silverbacks
Colours: Black, grey, white
3rd Bid:
Team Name: Harar Hyenas
Colours: Brown Yellow
Could you please pm me some jumper designs so I know what division to place you in.

Poetic license.

Besides, in this very instance, the English language has evolved ever so slightly because of Spielberg. 'Jurassic' means more than its technical definition of the second period of the Mesozoic era. It's now, for some people, synonymous with prehistory and with dinosaurs. So, from that persepective, it's a-okay to use Jurassic.

However, if you don't subscribe to this theory of language evolution, then just as equally you shouldn't believe in evolution at all. The lack of belief for evolution would also mean you don't believe in dinosaurs, and that they are all fiction anyway, so, once more, you get poetic license to break arbitrary and mythical period rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back